View Poll Results: How would you like the 2011 subscription to work?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • All in (monthly plus bonus plus large beasts)

99 76.15%
  • Stay the same (monthly, all other purchased outside of subscription plan)

31 23.85%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Subscription...All in?

Subscription...All in?

Not sure if anyone has done this poll or not, but i couldn't find it with search so here it is. Toyguru has been suggesting the 2011 subscription may be "all in" meaning it will include the regular monthly figures as well as the large beasts and quarterly (formerly bonus) figures. Is this what people want? Do you want an all in over the current subscription format, or would you rather things stay the same?

No all in for me!

I want two of about every monthly figures, which would mean two subs, which I cannot afford. Also I might not want every quarterly 6" or large scale figure (depends on figure). I also want to keep my customs charges as low as possible.

If only option for next year is going to be all in, I'm not going to subscribe, even if that means I'm not going to possibly get all the figures I want.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

I want 12mf and all bonus characters, but large scale...only Panthor!

Give me everything.

Finally I've found that I belong here.

Absolutely all in! And the unique box for shipment please!

no all in for me

there should be 2 sub types, all in and 12month

Heroic Warrior
    Need a third option 'BOTH'

I can see SOME people wanting EVERYTHING and getting screwed over the way the system works now.

However... I would NEVER buy an ALL in subscription. That boots the price from $240 to over $460

Not counting Shipping...

That's going to lose them a lot of people who are already subscibed.

They need to offer BOTH subscriptions and get the maximum number of people they can signed up...

I'll go for the all-in subscription if I'm able to subscribe. I really, really hope I can. The current option should still be there for the folks who might not want the large scale beasts and/or the bonus figures.

All in!
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    All in (monthly plus bonus plus large beasts). I don’t want to deal with Matty.com every month and miss on any figure like other already. Plus we save on shipping this way. But we just need an option that allows us to add in advance others items in case we want doubles, stands etc. So I don’t know.

All in for me absolutely!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I voted for all-in, but I really think (even though they've said they're not going to) that they should do different tiers:

1. 12 monthly figures
    2. 12 mf + quarterly bonus figures
    3. 12 mf + quarterly large scale beasts/figures
    4. All in

Ideally, I would go with #2 and take my chances with the large-scale beasts/figures as I wanted them, but I will likely want most of the "regular" bonus figures (unless they start flooding us with He-Man / Skeletor variants).

Although, upon reflection, I can see how Mattel might not have faith that Digital River could handle more than one option ... their track record so far has been less than stellar.

They should still offer at least two levels:

1. 12 monthly figures
    2. All in

At this point, though, I think Mattel is seeing dollar-signs and is using the hype around the fast sell-outs to get more all-in subscriptions (and more money) from those who don't want to risk missing someone like Adora or Battle-Cat, even though that same person might not care about Battle-Armor He-Man or Gygor (just as examples).
    Last edited by j-bird; March 2, 2010 at 02:52am.

All in.

Other than the high 2010 shipping costs I've had no problems whatsoever with 2009 or 2010 subscriptions and I cannot see why that would change.

All in would save the only headache I've had with this line and that's picking up figures not covered by my sub.

All in. That's what I've wanted since they announced the bonus figures, and I am thrilled that Matty seems to be leaning that way for the 2011 subscription.

All in! I don't want to have to worry about anything!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    No lame subscription at all for me !

Mattel can keep their coercitive, inefficient and pathetic 2011 sub, which won't even reveal the products you're buying. Buying blindly = buying stupidly, in my opinion.

Mattel can stick their swindler's sub where the sun doesn't shine. I'll keep buying my figures elsewhere than on Messycollector.com.

Just gotta say, I have had no problem buying the figure that is not in my subscription as of yet. I do worry about who is going to be in the subscription and how to unload it if/when it is someone I dont really care about. So keep down on the "Bought Blind" figures and keep up the Figures bought by choice. I only did this Sub to get Wun-Dar.

Oh, and for what it's worth, the only reason I missed Battle Cat, I'm sure, Is I didnt have internet access that day, through no fault of Mattycollector, hehehe.

I would be ok if they had 2 subscriptions availible, ALL IN and normal 12 Sub Figure versions. Not sure why they just dont offer that anyway. We'll see.

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    I vote all in.
    Find the things in life that bring you joy and hold onto them with every ounce of your being.

All or nothing at all
    "What I do is based on powers we all have inside us; the ability to endure; the ability to love, to carry on, to make the best of what we have - and you don't have to be a 'Superman' to do it."
    -- Christopher Reeve.

For me I would like to see it per month. I would to be charged every month for each figure and bonus figures. I don't to prepay for anything until it ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Buying blindly = buying stupidly, in my opinion.
    I guess I like buying "stupidly" then? How is it blindly? it's a subscription for MotU figures…I bet that's what I'll be getting…MotU figures.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Yeah, the subscription is way better than the alternative, IMO. -- Potentially missing out due to a 5 minute sell out and then having to pay 3 times the amount on eBay or waiting 6 months for a re-issue that may never come.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
    They should still offer at least two levels:

1. 12 monthly figures
    2. All in
    This is how I would like to see it as well. If it's gona be All in as TG has suggested a few times then no subscription for me. Simply because of the fact that I couldn't care less for large "beasts" like Tytus and Gygor (if you can call Tytus a beast). I really don't wanna end up paying a lot for these large scale beasts especially if there ones I wouldn't wanna buy and seeing that we're already getting NA figs I don't want any of them ending up as bonus figs and then having to pay for them. Who knows what new large scale beasts are coming up and I'm really just interested in Panthor so there you go.

But seeing that there are people that want to go all in I do think that they should be accommodated as well. It still feels wrong if they're gona stick with only one type of subscription plan since then you'll have a bunch of people unhappy in case. I would definitely like the normal subscription with the 12 monthly figs even if an NA fig leaks in there but based on TG's comments I guess I'll be battling on matty.com every month for the next year...
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Heb 11:1 (NIV)

All in - no doubt. :)

All in - no doubt.

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread