Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skytree specultion thread

Heroic Warrior

Skytree specultion thread

So now that Mattel is adding large characters to the MOTUC line it's only a matter of time before they give us what is undeniably the most requested larger character in all the mythos: Skytree.

Ok, just kidding. Obviously Skytree is very unlikely. However, I think it would be oddly cool to get a Skytree figure.

Last edited by Dead Man Walking; February 23, 2010 at 04:58pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I know that I'd definitely buy a Manticore...

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Yeah. And I'm waiting for the DCUC Mogo figure, to scale with the rest of the DCUC figures.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

I really used to like that tree and I'd definately buy one if it'd fit my display cabinet!

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Nah, I could live without that

If they ever make scene dioramas, this would be real good. But an action figure of a tree? I don't know, that could be a tough sell. Plus real trees are already in scale, you just need a face to pin to one.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    I really used to like that tree and I'd definately buy one if it'd fit my display cabinet!
    THAT'S IT! Mattel can sell a wood display case for all the figures with Skytree's face molded onto the back!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    If they ever make scene dioramas, this would be real good. But an action figure of a tree? I don't know, that could be a tough sell. Plus real trees are already in scale, you just need a face to pin to one.

THAT'S IT! Mattel can sell a wood display case for all the figures with Skytree's face molded onto the back!
    That'd be just too awesome for words and just too brutal for my wallet. With all the figures planned out, it'd have to be one enormous displaycase.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

I love the idea of Skytree somehow making it into the line. Perhaps packed with the Manticore, which would be extremely cool. Even if Skytree was simply the packaging for the Manticore...that would be different...unlikely, though...but...fun...Hmmmm.....
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

C'mon gang... this is in the realm of shark jumping, isn't it??

Heroic Warrior
    No thanks. I think I'll pass.

I really like skytree and although I would buy it alone I guess there is not so many others with in this one, so the best way to do it, is to put together in a package with Granamyr (I know, everebody will say :Oh the price will be prohibitive) but this, is the only manner I can see it happen!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    an action figure of a tree? I don't know, that could be a tough sell. Plus real trees are already in scale, you just need a face to pin to one.

I kinda like the idea of sculpted face to put on a real tree.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Toyguru as said that Granamyr (sp?) would be doable. Someone else commented about using this as part of a packaging. What about as the backdrop in the package if/when they make a figure of the oldest and wisest of dragons?

On a side note, is that the only mini-comic to tie directly into an episode of the series?

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    I kinda like the idea of sculpted face to put on a real tree.
    http://www.amazon.com/Old-Winter-For.../dp/B002ULRTOM

?????????
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I would totally LOVE Sky Tree! They could make his trunk telescoping in order to fit in the packaging.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

YES! I would love a SkyTree! Finally Skeletor, Hordak, King Hiss and all their minions would be destroyed forever in one fell swoop!
    The Portal to the Terrible Dimension of Despondos
    "Either a certified genius or an authentic whacko"

RATTLOR FOR MOTUC!

Expendable Vintage Cherry Picker

Quote Originally Posted by upinout202 View Post
    Toyguru as said that Granamyr (sp?) would be doable. Someone else commented about using this as part of a packaging. What about as the backdrop in the package if/when they make a figure of the oldest and wisest of dragons?
    I like it, I like it!!! I had said with the Manticore, but Skytree could actually be around the right size done in packaging for Granymyr...

I still want a Manticore, though, along with an Ice Hacker and other mini-comics demons and monsters.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Reminds me of LOTR.
    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity? ~Steve Polyak

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    http://img-nex.theonering.net/images/scrapbook/5334.jpg
    Oh come on, a full figure anthropomorphic tree is cheating!

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Sorry, I couldn't resist! My brother has that thing and it looks great with MOTUC. I keep meaning to get one of my own. I wonder how much they go for on Ebay?
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    One question: did Skytree originate in the mini-comics or was he a Filmation creation? If the latter, he'd be out.

Me, I'd go for it in a second. Skytree is the first thing I thought of when I saw the LOTR Treebeard figure.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

It'd be cool as some sort of backdrop or diorama, maybe. But an actual fully articulated figure, like Treebeard? Nah, pass.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    LOTR Treebeard.... one of my all time favorite figures. works perfectly well as a Skytree, except he can move from place to place which makes him even better imo. who needs a figure of a tree that's just stuck in one place? kind of boring....

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    One question: did Skytree originate in the mini-comics or was he a Filmation creation? If the latter, he'd be out.

Me, I'd go for it in a second. Skytree is the first thing I thought of when I saw the LOTR Treebeard figure.
    yeah, i'd use my treebeard figure for skytree if i was desperate to have that motu character.... To answer your question, it doesn't matter where Skytree originated, he's in the minicomic so in theory, it's definitely doable.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanSD View Post
    It'd be cool as some sort of backdrop or diorama, maybe. But an actual fully articulated figure, like Treebeard? Nah, pass.
    Huh???? a plastic tree that does nothing is more appealing than an articulated figure like Treebeard???? I beg to differ....

give me a big tree person that can move & fight & actually interact with the figures over a solid piece that's basically just a background. how boring!! who would spend money on that? to each their own...
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Toyguru might say something different at any moment, but I remember him or the Horsemen last saying Granamyr in his mini comic form was in the realm of possibility. If Granamyr is possible--which is surprising to me--then so is Treebeard probably, so long as he looks like he does in the mini comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    Huh???? a plastic tree that does nothing is more appealing than an articulated figure like Treebeard???? I beg to differ....
    Sky Tree isn't Treebeard though. In all his appearances, he's a tree with a face. Not disagreeing that a figure of a tree is kind of lame, but so would be a LOTR toy rip off.

Heroic Warrior
    Looking at Sallah's pic, you can't tell me a Skytree (figure, playset, beast, item, whatever) wouldn't be a cool addition to MOTUC.