Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skytree specultion thread

Skytree was one of my first thoughts when they said Diorama pieces!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

I don't know.... I like the idea of having Skytree, but at the same time, I feel, it would be too much for the line....
    http://decorvo.mybrute.com

Nothing represents more the unexplainable vacuousness of the human race, than the unfounded and arrogant blind faith in the ruthless and narcissistic transcendence of itself.

Wish list; http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=166721

You guys way behind. Sky tree was released with Fright Zone!

don't give up on Sky Tree. I think he is possible if MOTUC ever branches out into playsets. Sky Tree could double as a carry-case and also potentially, as part of a treehouse fortress playset building on the concept considerations from the Tomart article.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I would buy a Skytree figure. It would at least look cool with figures posed around him.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Skytree has always been a favorite of mine!. I would definitely buy him. And, the some limbs could be articulated, maybe even two of the lower ones look like limb-arms with leaves et cetera flowing from them.
    Last edited by Alexxandar; September 15, 2010 at 12:55pm. Reason: Additional words

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    I really used to like that tree and I'd definately buy one if it'd fit my display cabinet!

Heidi
    One of my favorite characters from one of my favorite MOTU stories! (I loved Treebeard in LOTR too!)

Put me down for a Skytree.

Tally, dude...totally me too. I would seriously love Skytree. Even if he was part of Granymyr's release, somehow.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Tally, dude...totally me too. I would seriously love Skytree. Even if he was part of Granymyr's release, somehow.
    Granamyr and Skytree are not enemies nor friends either. Remember Granamyr asked He-man to cut Skytree to save Man-at-arms. What would happend if He-man really cut Skytree? Thats why i don't see them coming together in the same release.

For $80 bucks he should just come with Granamyr!
    Have No Fear, Smith Is Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I like it, I like it!!! I had said with the Manticore, but Skytree could actually be around the right size done in packaging for Granymyr...

I still want a Manticore, though, along with an Ice Hacker and other mini-comics demons and monsters.
    I support all what Uki has mentioned... Everything in the Dragon's Gift mini-comic looked amazing, I even painted some of the artwork into a poster size paintings when I was a kid. Alcala interpreted the MOTU's universe in the best way imaginable IMO.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Sure, I'd buy Skytree as a diorama piece or something.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    Granamyr and Skytree are not enemies nor friends either. Remember Granamyr asked He-man to cut Skytree to save Man-at-arms. What would happend if He-man really cut Skytree? Thats why i don't see them coming together in the same release.
    I see your point, but the two are tied together by appearance in both minis and Filmation, so I think it actually makes perfect sense.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

i would get one

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    I support all what Uki has mentioned... Everything in the Dragon's Gift mini-comic looked amazing, I even painted some of the artwork into a poster size paintings when I was a kid. Alcala interpreted the MOTU's universe in the best way imaginable IMO.
    I support what you mentioned (hence, supporting Uki too ;-)). I'd buy a Sky Tree without a doubt. But my guess: Sky Tree will never happen. Won't sell enough, too risky.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    With Granamyr upcoming, I really want Skytree now! Procrutus is getting a figure, why not Skytree?

Skytree has to be really tall, so the only way I think they could do it right would need two SKUs: a starter SKU containing the face/root and the top pieces, and an additional "height builder" SKU with trunk expansions (stackable with themselves and with the root and top pieces). So that people would buy one starter set, and as many height expansion sets as their display and/or budget allows to make their Skytree reach for the sky. However, since apparently each SKU takes its own "development slot" (even though in this case it would be the same sculpt broken into separately-sold pieces), it would seem highly unlikely as a "normal schedule" item—so maybe they could do it as a "double" SDCC exclusive or something.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I'd get him, especially if he looked as colorful and gnarly as the mini-comic version.

It would have been neat if they made the box that Granamyr came in a diorama that folded out, kinda like the cityscape that came with Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. The diorama could have shown a panoramic forest and also folded up, vertically, to display Skytree.

Realistically, I don't see Skytree selling very well as a figure. He is just a tree, after all. Not very poseable. A colorful plastic diorama, maybe, but he would have to be HUGE. And even then, I still don't think it would sell, realistically.

Besides Skytree, there are other characters from that mini-comic that are possible; using the cat buck and make the Manticore, a Skeletor variant in his cloak disguise, a Crystal Man-At-Arms variant, or the Ice Hacker (a bear buck that can be reused later on Red Beast and the Purple shag Monster that fights He-Man (Oo-Larr) in the mini-comic).

Lots of possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Realistically, I don't see Skytree selling very well as a figure. He is just a tree, after all. Not very poseable. A colorful plastic diorama, maybe, but he would have to be HUGE. And even then, I still don't think it would sell, realistically.
    He is a tree, so it would be hard to sell him with just that. I wonder if they could make him like a playset, perhaps he opens up and is the HQ for Moss Man. Or a weapons case that has wooden weapons (repaints) inside to make him more appealing to non-tree figure fans.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    He is a tree, so it would be hard to sell him with just that. I wonder if they could make him like a playset, perhaps he opens up and is the HQ for Moss Man. Or a weapons case that has wooden weapons (repaints) inside to make him more appealing to non-tree figure fans.
    Eh, but then it is no longer Skytree...cause, he wasn't a headquarters or a weapons rack...he is a tree. And a big one. But I understand your idea of trying to make him have something "extra" to make it more appealing. I think if they made him a statue, like how Icon Heroes made Castle Grayskull, that would be the way to go. A limited edition statue, with great detail and paint applications, that can also double as a diorama piece for your MOTUC figures.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Eh, but then it is no longer Skytree...cause, he wasn't a headquarters or a weapons rack...he is a tree. And a big one. But I understand your idea of trying to make him have something "extra" to make it more appealing. I think if they made him a statue, like how Icon Heroes made Castle Grayskull, that would be the way to go. A limited edition statue, with great detail and paint applications, that can also double as a diorama piece for your MOTUC figures.
    That's true, it would alter him by making him something other than just an old tree. I'm for your diorama idea!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    That's true, it would alter him by making him something other than just an old tree. I'm for your diorama idea!
    Me too, that's about all you could really do with him, but that would be cool. I'm surprised we haven't seen a custom Skytree yet....

Shoot, they could release Skytree in a big box packed with a bunch of the little guys: Loo-Kee, Montork, Kowl, Imp, Dree-Elle...

Then again, I'd love a set with Skytree and a manticore or Ice Hacker...

You know what would be a swell release? A snap together Skytree (about 12-18" tall could cut it, but the ability to add in more height via second sets without attaching the face); hollow inside, and here's the kicker! Pack the inside of the tree with all the spare heads we want!

Even if they're just repaints (blonde Teela up-do, red Teela hair-down, pink cosmic enforcer, white haired Randor, yellow-skinned BGEL, white-haired Marlena, blue vintage Mer-Man, acid-burn Keldor, red-bearded Stratos, Snake Mekaneck, younameit!).

Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Skytree would be awesome but would only work in the line as a large sculpted hollow collector case similar the old C3PO and Vader Star Wars cases - only larger and rounder. It could hold a limited number of figures inside and perhaps have a place for weapons as well.

Star Wars also did a large round spaceship as a collector case I had as a kid... I can't remember what it was called though.