Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does MOTUC TrapJaw compare to his other versions?

How does MOTUC TrapJaw compare to his other versions?

Well it's that time again. Whether it is a childhood memory, you like the sculpt, or you can't get enough of those bootlegs, who is your favorite and why? This is the first time I am going with the 200X version, and the green repaint one at that! I just think he looks so evil and really embodies the wicked look that is TrapJaw.

If you want to see a bigger picture check out my collection photos under my profile.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Joe Amato; February 25, 2010 at 08:05pm.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

I was waiting for this thread! Keep 'em coming Joseephus! I have to say that I am thrilled with MOTUC Trap Jaw. The fact that we got Kronis as well is simply icing. Another fantastic figure in a line of amazing toys!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    That picture makes me wish I picked up the 200X Trapjaw repaint... and I thought two TJs were enough for me.. What was I thinking!?

What's the one on the top right?

I think I got to agree with you though.. Repaint 200X Trapjaw is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    That picture makes me wish I picked up the 200X Trapjaw repaint... and I thought two TJs were enough for me.. What was I thinking!?

What's the one on the top right?

I think I got to agree with you though.. Repaint 200X Trapjaw is awesome!
    His name is Meca-nic-man. He is from a series of bootleg figures called Fantastic Stars. Here is a picture of him with the rest of his cast.

Attached Images Attached Images

Galactor sort of looks like a mall-cop Judge Dredd.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    OMG, those knock offs look terrible......

I'd have to go with the motuc Trap-jaw as the best of the bunch. the best elements of the modern & old mixed together, and better than both imo.

As cool as the 2002 version was, it's lack of articulation, and bad body proportions, and not being able to aim his gun without falling over, due to the overly large & heavy arm took alot away from that figure imo. too many issues can really spoil an otherwise great figure imo.

This new version is perfect imo. He's detailed quite well, articulated better, can aim his gun with no balance issues and just looks cool! It's the Trap-jaw i wanted back in the 80's when I was a kid, only much better..

the only thing I changed on mine was to paint his teeth like the 2002 version, and add the scar & stitches to his chest. He looks wicked cool. i love the mangled jaw under his steel one, and the added kronis head & arm add a new dimension to the figure.

the 2002 green repaint, for me, is .....ok.... his lack of color is kind of a turnoff for me. all green & silver... i like alot more color in my figures than just two colors. I also like characters in their familiar color schemes better, so repaints are generally never considered favorites of mine.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

The 200x one was awesome (except the action figure was way too short). The NECA Trap Jaw statue was flawless. But I have to nitpick about something. I hate the way some pose their MOTUC Trap Jaws—standing him up straight, and allowing his green belt to ride up, making his legs look super long, and he ends up looking goofy imo. If the MOTUC is posed right, it's close to being my favorite (probably for nostalgic reasons). The 200x, however is a better and more vicious design.

Last edited by Jon14; February 25, 2010 at 11:40pm.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I prefer the 200X arm, but otherwise the MOTUC's Trapjaw is superior in every way IMO. I LOVE the mangled lower jaw and the Kronis arm/head as well!!! He is one of my favorites in the line so far!!

I'm going with MOTUC. Love it.

I'm going with the 15" deluxe statue.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Bestial Man.....lol.

Seriously though, I really think the FH outdid themselves with the MOTUC version. It combines my two favorite images of Trap Jaw that I have in my childhood memorybanks, the Filmation lackey and the vintage Mattel figure......

Although I also have to agree on the 200X figure. TJ is the only one in that series that I bought four of. (I've always had a soft spot for the character.....)
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    I have to admit, that 15" statue looks my-T sweet.... if it were articulated, & had interchangeable weapons I'd probably buy one but i can't see spending a ton of money on a non-moving figure that does nothing but look good & collect dust. i just never saw the appeal of that.

Jon14..... lol @ those pics of Trap-jaw squatting.... looks like he's trying to take a crap. i much prefer these guys standing up straight, so they don't look constipated like the vintage figures. I'm glad Trappy has longer legs, he's much more proportional compared to the overly short legs the vintage fig had, & tiny head & left arm the 200x figure had.

i hear you about the belt trying to ride up his waist... i'm contemplating whether or not to superglue mine in place, since I don't plan on ever removing it. i guess that'd solve the problem. i might even superglue the armor piece too since it tends to move when i move his arm, which annoys me a bit.

yeah TJ is my favorite character & i have multiple 200x TJ's and multiple motuc Tj's too. (well, 3 of them are on the way, 2 I have already) Trap-jaw is one of the few motu characters that looks good in any incarnation, imo. i guess when I really like a figure, i buy lots of them. the other figure i can recall doing that with was Baxter Stockman from the original TMNT line.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

@Jon14

The only reason I posed him that way in that picture was to show a height difference between the 3 main lines...the vintage, 200X, and MOTUC. When I display just my MOTUC figures together they all have unique poses.

motuc trappy best version
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    200x with the vintage style arm would be my personal interpenetration for any future MOTU story...
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

200X green "repaint" a.k.a. The Colors He Should Have Been (mostly)!

I really wish they'd planned the arms like his from the beginning, so it'd be a lot easier to make a mini-comics Trap Jaw.

I love both the 200x and MOTUC versions. But I really like how He-Mike used the 200x hook on the MOTUC figure:

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    Thanks for posting that pic! I was wondering if the hook would fit, as I won't receive my Trappy until Tuesday. The 2002 hook is my favorite of all the attachments the various TJ figures have had.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I gotta go with the MOTUC version, not just because Filmation is my base point for all MOTU stuff, but the crazed look and grizzly mouth details make him look the most dangerous of any version. The 2002 version looked mean; this one looks downright maniacal.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    The 200X version looks the best, but the MOTUC version is VERY good too, so good that the lack of detail in comparison (but brighter colors) is overlooked this time.

I gotta call a tie on this one.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got to go with the MOTUC version as the most aesthetically pleasing. The 200X version is very good but the thing that annoys me about that one is the over-sized mechanical arm. He would have to limp to the right all the time. And when standing still he would droop. Heaven forbid he would fall into a deep pool of water as the weight of that mechanical arm would sink him to the bottom. But other than that, the 200X version is pretty vicious. Yet the MOTUC gets the slight edge for me.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

RE. Bestial Man from that knock off Fantastic Stars line. He sounds like a very sinful character.
    chikarapro.com Loco Lucha Libre!!!

Heroic Warrior
    joseephus, can you tell me whete that Fantastic Stars knock-off line was released ? I had never seen them before, and I didn't even know they existed !

To me, 80's Trap Jaw and MOTUC Trap Jaw are the best, even though 200x Trap Jaw is more detailed. I guess it's just a matter of tastes...

Now that's a whole lot of awesome right there! Thanks again, man, I love these comparison shots! I also love seeing your crazy bootlegs! You really have just about EVERY version of many of the characters, don't you?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

For me MOTUC is the best i love it! And then the vintage Trappy!