Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Lizard Man Video REview by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTUC Lizard Man Video REview by Pixel Dan

Hey all! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season! Got some MOTUC reviews coming up, including NA She-Ra and Arrow finally. But well start with the one NEW figure that I have: Lizard Man!
    Last edited by Pixel Dan; January 5, 2015 at 10:19pm.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Lizzie looks great, Dan, and so do you! I'm digging your goatee. Happy New Year and thanks for the review.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

I never understood why so many people were fans of Lizard Man as he never really did much just kinda hung out in the background or followed the heroes around but the toy does look great. Looking forward to having a Filmation heroic warrior join the gang.

The sword does look kinda plain but it didn't have much more color or detail on it in the cartoon.

Thanks for another great review Dan. Lizard Man looks awesome!!

MOST WANTED:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Despara, Quakke, Master Sebrian, NA Prince Adam, Tuvar, Bahdrah, Illumina, Crita, Dylamug, 200X Prince Adam, Songster, Filmation Evil Seed & Marzo, Stridor, Night Stalker, & Snake Mountain.

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

Lizzie looks awesome! He'll be a fun figure to have! The Diamond Ray of Disappearance looks fantastic! The sculpt of the sword looks good…but the lack of color detail is unacceptable. I'll add the purple to the stone myself.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Dan, this is an AWESOME review! Thank you SO much for your off camera helper (Stina?) Zooming in for the articulation segment. It looked great!

About the sword comment, it's official. YOU have too many toys to keep track of all of the accessories! It is hard enough to keep track of the MOTUC minutia in itself, but since you collect over 50 different lines of toys, it finally broke you! We love you for it! It's OK. It's all about the fun of the toys and the passion, not the book-keeping. You also caught the error and revised it so no harm.

Thanks again, keep up the great work. As usual, great still shots!

Ending Credit Scrolling :- "Masters Of The Universe Classics - Snake Face Review By Pixel Dan"....

Yes Dan Man...... You Are Indeed Goofed Up..... TWICE !

Other than that, its awesome as usual.

Cant wait for Lizy.....
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, *REMOVED*, Filmation Evil-Lyn or Filmation Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Kitrina or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Great review. Thanks so much.
    Lizard-Man looks awesome. Can't wait to get one.

I see some juicy engineering changes thanks to Brandon S.... and I like them!! Thanks for the video, Dan!
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks Dan clear and concise review as always , one question , why happened to the 'good guy' animation at the start , it's only snake mountain these days

LIzard Man is certainly important as the only major Heroic Filmation He Man & MOTU character I need. I'll be glad to put him in amongst his fellow heroes. He really came out nice.

The sword I am torn by only because I think it looks fine, though clearly not as nice as had they given it paint apps. So what I am torn by is that I am more than happy to paint it myself, it is absolutely no problem. Except in the cartoon the thing was solid grey. The center "jewel" wasnt even purple. I like the purple center though. If I do add paint I do not want to paint the blade silver and then re-gray the hilt? I think I'm going to just have to leave it gray.

The Diamond Ray I am torn by because I just dont know what to do with it. I think for a while I will give it to Skeletor proper, and maybe it will grow on me, but I feel like it's just not important enough to have on the Primary display Skeletor. But then I do not want to give it to one of the other skeletors either. I may just hide it in Castle Grayskull. I'm glad to have it though, and I personally love glow in the dark, so that is just awesome.

He turned out better than I expected... the same can not be said about either accessory, and I hope this isn't a sign of things to come in 2015. After all, they did increase the price and I thought that was to ensure cuts on paint apps and such would not keep occurring. The sword will just fall into my parts bin and I will instead give Lizzie the Filmation Skeletor Axe that came with Plundor, as the colors might go well with Lizard Man's tunic.

- - - Updated - - -

The Diamond Ray might be a fun accessory for Scareglow to carry around for a while on my shelves
    The Next 13 I Need To Have: Lord Masque, Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Crita, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Compactor, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

So now the Diamond is Glow in The Dark? It was supposed to be trans - parent or clear...at least according to TG rants last summer with Brandon's new change to the figure...we all thought it was NA She Ra's helmet or Angellas wings...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    So now the Diamond is Glow in The Dark? It was supposed to be trans - parent or clear...at least according to TG rants last summer with Brandon's new change to the figure...we all thought it was NA She Ra's helmet or Angellas wings...
    It's his hands that are clear, actually. Well, cast clear anyway, and then painted so you can see through the webbing.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    The Diamond Ray might be a fun accessory for Scareglow to carry around for a while on my shelves
    I remember as a kid that I used to try to convince my friend that the invisible servant who delivers the Diamond of Disappearance to Skeletor was, in fact, meant to be an invisible Scare Glow - and that the show had intended to use him more fully but never got around to it other than that one "appearance."

I don't think I ever fully convinced him, but we had fun imagining it.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

Another great review Dan!

Lizard Man looks great. I was quite surprised we didn't get him in the Filmation sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Poweron View Post
    I remember as a kid that I used to try to convince my friend that the invisible servant who delivers the Diamond of Disappearance to Skeletor was, in fact, meant to be an invisible Scare Glow - and that the show had intended to use him more fully but never got around to it other than that one "appearance."

Ha ha, that's pretty awesome, actually! And now, you can play that scene out and make it a reality!
    The Next 13 I Need To Have: Lord Masque, Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Crita, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Compactor, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Great review of a great figure! Lizard Man has been long overdue and happy to finally be getting him this month.
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

Ugh. Those accessories look so bad with their lack of paint.
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

I think he looks great!
    Too bad about no ab crunch or articulated tail. I think those 2 things would have made this figure that much better.
    As he is I will be happy to add him to the collection!

Heroic Warrior
    So thats the new norm, unpainted accessories....guess they want us to develop painting skills

I like how there aren't any knee pins showing either... That is pretty cool, I'm not certain we've seen that before in this line.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Poweron View Post

Funny! But I think you have your episodes confused. Skeletor was not delivered the Diamond Ray. He already had it after summoning the warriors. An "invisible servant" delivered to him the Wheel of Infinity (that came with Fang Man) in the episode "The Time Corridor." Perhaps, that is what you were referring.

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    Funny! But I think you have your episodes confused. Skeletor was not delivered the Diamond Ray. He already had it after summoning the warriors. An "invisible servant" delivered to him the Wheel of Infinity (that came with Fang Man) in the episode "The Time Corridor." Perhaps, that is what you were referring.
    Gak! Yes, you're absolutely right.

I should really do some rewatching.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    This figure is awesome!!!! Im so stoked about it! We need more filmation heroic characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    The Diamond Ray I am torn by because I just dont know what to do with it. I think for a while I will give it to Skeletor proper, and maybe it will grow on me, but I feel like it's just not important enough to have on the Primary display Skeletor. But then I do not want to give it to one of the other skeletors either. I may just hide it in Castle Grayskull. I'm glad to have it though, and I personally love glow in the dark, so that is just awesome.
    My TRU Skeletor is the only Skeletor I have with no weapons, I think he will be the one with the diamond.
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M