Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What non-variants remain for 200x?

Heroic Warrior

What non-variants remain for 200x?

Assuming the 200x Sub goes through, we're wrapping up a large number of 200x's non-variant unique characters. Without going into variants for the various characters who have already received an MOTUC release (and that includes Odiphus, old Marzo and Tuvar and Baddhra), what's really left to cover from the show?

Sortech
    Bone Warriors (including slime/mini/giant variations)
    the ABC Giants
    Duncan's robots (they show up from time to time in lab scenes)
    Clawful's Cousin + Friend
    King Grayskull's counsel
    The really pimpin' centaur member of Randor's counsel
    King Miro
    Queen Andreeno
    Vormus
    Oracle
    Shadow Wraiths
    Pelleezzean Shaman (complete with cribbed Sky Sled alternator)
    Zeelahr (Zodak's brother)

Really not much left after that, not counting generic unnamed members of the various Eternian races. The only ones I really think ever have a chance of making it into MOTUC at some point are Miro, Shadow Wraiths, Oracle and some form of the Bone Warriors.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Karg, Andros, Monstroid, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Hawke and Stingrad come to mind.

There were 3 more Snake Men army builder models that Mattel could use. AT THE TIME, fans did want more varieties and colors of Snake Men warriors. I'm not so sure now.

200X's original characters are a very finite list.

The Blonde Teela Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Horde Wraiths • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Hopefully all the characters you guys mentioned will be made at some point. Especially Sortech is underestimated IMO.

And yes, I also remember that more colors of the 200X Snakemen armybuilder were discussed (I think red and green are missing? Anybody has a pic?).

Also adding to the list:
    - Snake Teela and Snake Mekanek. I definitely want them. They would add more diversity to the Snakemen
    - Merman's guards (from the episode with the Corodite crystal) - would also be nice and colorful armybuilders

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Only really interested in the following:-

Queen Andreeno
    Horde Wraiths
    Hawke
    King Miro
    Maybe Odephus
    WISHLIST
    Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Sorceress of Serpos Teela ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~
    Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast Robowoman ~ DC He-Man ~ DC She-Ra ~ DC Stratos

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I would have to think Miro's on the shortlist for a potential 2016. Hawke and the Horde Wraiths probably have the next best shot at getting made, and Odiphus could be an easy pack-in somewhere.

Beyond that, even assuming a 2016, I don't think there's much else we'd see. I'd like the Bone Warriors (only non-vintage character figure in the 200X line!), but I doubt we'll see them. The three giants are certainly deserving, but again, I just don't see it happening.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    What about "Bumblor" the affectionately fan named hefty adreenid?
    Does Galactus fart?

I would buy Sortech, Hawke and King/Captain Miro in a heartbeat. I would also be happy with a Horde Wraith or two.

Are we classing Tuvar and Baddra as variants?
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

You can add Illumina and Sleetah to the list.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I would have to think Miro's on the shortlist for a potential 2016. Hawke and the Horde Wraiths probably have the next best shot at getting made, and Odiphus could be an easy pack-in somewhere.

Beyond that, even assuming a 2016, I don't think there's much else we'd see. I'd like the Bone Warriors (only non-vintage character figure in the 200X line!), but I doubt we'll see them. The three giants are certainly deserving, but again, I just don't see it happening.
    I would like a Bone Warrior too since (as you pointed out) it is the only figure from the 200X toyline not to be made into a classics figure. Miro, Hawke, Horde Wraiths (there is no such thing as too many Horde figures), and Bone Warriors are my top wants outside of variants. If we're not counting Tuvar and Baddrah as variants, I would include them too.

King Taurius/Torius of the Mintorans.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    The really pimpin' centaur member of Randor's counsel
    I believe he's only known as Centaur Chieftain. Would be nice for Classics to give him a name.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

If the remaining original character(s) left, I only interested in:

King Taurius

and maybe

Queen Andreeno
    Horde Wraith
    Centaur Chieftain
    Bone Warrior

If they were made, I'd buy them. But as it stands I would be okay not getting them. Cool designs, but they barely qualify as characters.

Wanting Sortech is a no go for me cause that episode was horrible. Honestly, if his toy was cool, I probable would buy him, but would never admit it.

The ABC Giants are tough, because the are a big part of the Council of Evil. But because this is a 6-inch line, I would never buy them because of scale and price. I don't like them that much.

Hawk and Miro- it really depend on if they go 200x or Filmation/hybrid with them. I view them more as nods to the originals in the 200x show more than 200x characters because of their brief screen time.

Tuvar, Bahhdar, and Zeelahr I could see being made, not sure if I would buy them. I am neither a Two-badd fan nor a Zodak one. And Zodak was such a jerk in the 200x show, it rubbed off on his brother.

Oracle would be cool, packed in with mini Marzo and Odephus.

Everyone else is the equivalent of peasant #3 (IMHO)- not worth making.

Widget
    I'm interested in any variations of the Clawful race, especially the female design seen at about 12:55 of the episode "The Island".

https://youtu.be/xJG7MdldGS4

I would go for any of the original 200x characters except the ABC giants. The large scale figures just aren't that appealing to me. The combination of the poor articulation of the large scale figures and the fact that their design and characterization in the cartoon aren't interesting makes them unappealing.

Hawke
    Miro
    Slime Pit Mutants

Those are the only original characters I want.

King Taurius and the ABC Giants would be welcome.

I will never understand the love for the Horde Wraiths. No interest.

I do want Tuvar, Baddhra and Odiphus. And I want a Snake Teela for sure. The only He-Man/Skeletor variant I would want is Ice Armor He-Man.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, CAMO KHAN, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, DARIUS,

Stingrad definitely should be on the list in addition to Queen Andreeno. He is as legitimate a character as Hawke for the Avions.

For some crazy reason I seem to recall there being Gargoyles in Skeletor's employ (or am I just dreaming this up?). Possibly these could be replaced by winged Skelcons in Classics.

MVC gave us a range of Preternian Council members who look much more interesting than the Elders from the toon.

There are also a couple of potential beast options, of which Evilseed's plant monsters and the Serpenitors - and of course Serpos - rank highly in my books.

200x expanded the storyline and history of MOTU quite a bit, but surprisingly the series was very tight in terms of introducing new characters. This notwithstanding, there are still plenty of options for additional 200x figures.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I'd like some of the comic created characters, like Illumina and Mather Tortudo. Highly unlikely though
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

The most important 200x character remaining for me are the Horde Wraiths followed by in no particular order:
    Queen Andreeno
    Hawke
    King Miro
    Odephus
    Old Marzo

I would say the following

HORDE WRAITHS
    King Miro
    Queen Andreeno
    Hawke
    ABC Giants

Be cool to see that Centurian Chief and Lord of the Fire people as well, Just cause they look like they would make cool figures. 200x Characters.jpg
    HORDE WRAITH, ABC GIANTS, 200x Evil-lyn, 200x Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Hawke/Delora, Queen Andreeno, Captain Randor, 200x Tri-Klops

These are the main ones for me:

Horde Wraiths
    Queen Andreeno
    Clawful's Cousin + Friend
    King Miro

I know she's technically a variant, but I think Siren would make a great figure.

Hall of Wisdom guards (the turbaned ones) from MYP. They are up there for me along with:
    Hawke
    The Oracle
    ABC Giants
    Miro

But I'll take anyone from the show, even the old villager pulling the cart that always seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    There were 3 more Snake Men army builder models that Mattel could use. AT THE TIME, fans did want more varieties and colors of Snake Men warriors. I'm not so sure now.
    I still want more, even if they are just repaints of the ones we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    - Merman's guards (from the episode with the Corodite crystal) - would also be nice and colorful armybuilders
    And this (see signature).

Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    I would say the following

HORDE WRAITHS
    King Miro
    Queen Andreeno
    Hawke
    ABC Giants

Be cool to see that Centurian Chief and Lord of the Fire people as well, Just cause they look like they would make cool figures. 200x Characters.jpg
    Nice pic. Who is the character in the very bottom right hand corner? Is that the Vine Jungle king that Skeletor killed in the arena in the MVC Icons of Evil: Beast Man comic?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    King Taurius/Torius of the Mintorans.

I believe he's only known as Centaur Chieftain. Would be nice for Classics to give him a name.
    Gbagok named him "Gryphnar".

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Nice pic. Who is the character in the very bottom right hand corner? Is that the Vine Jungle king that Skeletor killed in the arena in the MVC Icons of Evil: Beast Man comic?
    Yes, that's King Trinok of the Berserker Islands.

That picture shows some characters that hadn't been mentioned in this thread yet, like Trinok and Aquarus, but is still lacking several others, such as Mother Tetsudo.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Not sure who that guy is. I found that character compilation on the net somewhere and saved it as a reference. Partly cause I really liked that fire guy in the top row before the Horde Wraith. But it had everyone i wanted on there so I saved it. They would all make great figures I think

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    HORDE WRAITH, ABC GIANTS, 200x Evil-lyn, 200x Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Hawke/Delora, Queen Andreeno, Captain Randor, 200x Tri-Klops

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    In case other people are wondering who some of the characters in that picture are, here's a list of their names:

King Chooblah (Kulatak Elder) - King(?) of the Fire People ("Pyroah") - Horde Wraith - Stingrad - Prahvus - Queen Veena/Grayskull - King Miro - Calix

Ceratus (King of the Caligars) - Queen Andreeno - King Taurius - Skull/Skeleton Warrior - Illumina - Clawful's cousin ("Pinsore") - 200X Evil Seed - 200X Hawke

Horde Knight - 200X Evil-Lyn - Aquarus - Trollan Oracle - 200X Sorceress - Baddhra - Tuvar - [see below] - Lord of Zalesia (pre-Faceless One)

Ice Armor He-Man - Teen Adam - Sortech - Centaur Chieftain ("Gryphnar") - Zeehlar - Battle Armor Marlena - Battle Armor Randor - King Trinok

But that picture only includes one member (the female Gar) of the Preternian Council of Wisdom (featured in the MVC comics). The following pic shows others (many names here, such as "Zapora" for the female Gar, are unofficial and were given to them by Gbagok; the female Gar has also been named "Shurella" [not to be confused with Sharella, I suppose]).

Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    I would buy Sortech, Hawke and King/Captain Miro in a heartbeat. I would also be happy with a Horde Wraith or two.

Are we classing Tuvar and Baddra as variants?
    They are down as variants but for me i think their are certain variants that need to be done, like Tuvar and Baddhra also (boy) prince adam, even though variants to a degree they really need to be done especially Tuvar and Baddhra. Im really hoping 2016 has 2 or 3 200x characters in it. Im wondering if the 2016 line up will be affected ( back end of the year atleast) based on how well the 200x mini sub does.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!