Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Sagitar for a large quarterly figure speculation

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I suspect he will be a large-scale item in the 2017 CC sub...
    If Matty is wise, they listen to you!
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by invisibleboy View Post
    AGREE! But.....***Hear this Oh Matty on the High......

**MATTY: 2017 Collectors Choice: MUST include an Oversized:

*SAGITAR (NA) w/ REMOVABLE Blue cartoon Visor! MOTU Fans that do not prefer NA really like Safitar, & a vintage NA Sagitar face fits in with vintage MOTU seamlessly! But, NA fans & others will NEED a removable Blue VISOR for Sagitar to fit in better with the techy Galactic Guardians, & to more closely match his jetlag appearance!

So Removable Visor for our oversized SAGITAR CC 2017 figure!
    I'm actually hoping for an alternate cosmic warrior head and armor for him. THAT would be amazing!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I'm actually hoping for an alternate casmic warrior head and armor for him. THAT would be amazing!
    But isn't the Equinoan (*) Cosmic Enforcer's skin somewhat dark (like Zodak's)? At least, that's the impression I get from that single panel he appeared in (although this panel depicts a night, moonlit scene, so it could be just an effect caused by that particular lighting).

OTOH, I think the (business) purpose of introducing this character was in order for Mattel to have an "excuse" to reuse Sagitar's otherwise single-use new tooling (although, well, other possible reuses would be General Nequor and generic Horse Lords, and some of the connector/articulation parts could conceivably be reused also for the female Besquita; but I doubt Mattel would've even thought of ever releasing these). So it would defeat that reuse purpose if they gave us both characters in one figure.

(*) I think they gave him a proper name that I'm forgetting right now. He was mistakenly referred to as "Centaur Cosmic Enforcer" in the character polls, even though the Centaurs (like Chancellor Gryphnar, the Centaur Chieftain seen in MYP) are feline-like, unlike the ape-like Equinoans (I like to think of their similarities and distinctions as akin to those between humans and Qadian catfolk; i.e., the Equinoans as the hexapodal-quadrupedal counterpart to the tetrapodal-bipedal humans, and the Centaurs as the hexapodal-quadrupedal counterpart to the tetrapodal-bipedal Qadians).
    Last edited by uaxuctum; March 28, 2016 at 12:17am.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    But isn't the Equinoan (*) Cosmic Enforcer's skin somewhat dark (like Zodak's)? At least, that's the impression I get from that single panel he appeared in (although this panel depicts a night, moonlit scene, so it could be just an effect caused by that particular lighting).

OTOH, I think the (business) purpose of introducing this character was in order for Mattel to have an "excuse" to reuse Sagitar's otherwise single-use new tooling (although, well, other possible reuses would be General Nequor and generic Horse Lords, and some of the connector/articulation parts could conceivably be reused also for the female Besquita; but I doubt Mattel would've even thought of ever releasing these). So it would defeat that reuse purpose if they gave us both characters in one figure.

(*) I think they gave him a proper name that I'm forgetting right now. He was mistakenly referred to as "Centaur Cosmic Enforcer" in the character polls, even though the Centaurs (like Chancellor Gryphnar, the Centaur Chieftain seen in MYP) are feline-like, unlike the ape-like Equinoans (I like to think of their similarities and distinctions as akin to those between humans and Qadian catfolk; i.e., the Equinoans as the hexapodal-quadrupedal counterpart to the tetrapodal-bipedal humans, and the Centaurs as the hexapodal-quadrupedal counterpart to the tetrapodal-bipedal Qadians).
    On the contrary....it encourages people to buy multiples of an otherwise single use buck. As for skin color...doesn't matter. Lightning and shadows could attribute to fluctuations anyway.

This begs the question: when Sagitar is eventually released, will he be able to support MOTUC figures riding on his back when he is in Centaur-Mode?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the NEW ADVENTURES lineup !!!

This begs the question: when Sagitar is eventually released, will he be able to support MOTUC figures riding on his back when he is in Centaur-Mode?
    I would hope so, or it would defeat the purpose IMO. Awhile back some people were posting he only needed to be like the size of Ram-Man, but really he needs to be like Shadow Beast size (or close) to accommodate other figures on him (without it looking weird).

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I would hope so, or it would defeat the purpose IMO. Awhile back some people were posting he only needed to be like the size of Ram-Man, but really he needs to be like Shadow Beast size (or close) to accommodate other figures on him (without it looking weird).
    I think the wise way to do this figure is to reuse the existing normal buck and just tool the required new connector parts. That is, connector parts to join the two torsos (the torsos themselves being reused from the existing male torsos, since they are "normal" torsos and there's no real need to retool them), plus a newly tooled hip part to replace the furry shorts part and allow the legs to both stand upright or bend 90º.

That way the need for new tooling would be minimized, and the figure would still look "right" (i.e., on-model) because the design of Sagitar (as it appeared in both the toy and cartoon) looks literally as if he has two "normal-looking" human torsos (each with its own belly and chest) joined together; rather than, say, like a single "bendable" elongated torso (which would actually seem to be a more expectable/realistic bodyplan for an actual six-limbed species). This is actually what I personally dislike about this design (because it looks impossibly unrealistic, and it is the first thing I'd try to "fix" in a redesign of Sagitar), but it is in fact what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    On the contrary....it encourages people to buy multiples of an otherwise single use buck. As for skin color...doesn't matter. Lightning and shadows could attribute to fluctuations anyway.
    But it wouldn't need to be a single-use buck if they reused it for the other Sagitar-type characters. I've compiled a list and there are actually quite a few possible reuses:

- Sagitar
    - General Nequor
    - Captain Wilkin
    - Equinoan Cosmic Enforcer (*)
    - Horse Lord Warrior [army builder]
    - Equinoan Male Peasant [army builder]

Then there's the female ones, which might possibly reuse (some of) the new parts—the connector parts—combined with the existing female buck:

- Besquita
    - Equinoan Female Peasant [army builder]

There are enough Equinoan characters to form its own sub-faction, in fact (just like with the Rock People).

(*) Anyone remembers if Matty's already baptized him? I kind of seem to remember they did (in some QA or somewhere), but just can't recall the name (could be because, maybe, it was one of those onomastic abominations—like "Pebblass" and "Bould-Or"—of the TG era and my subconscious mind thought it better to send it into oblivion...)
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Sagitar is easily the character I'd be most disappointing in not getting at this point. There are alot of characters I do still want but really after the amazing lineup we've gotten they are all pretty much gravy.

I really thought we would have gotten to this really unique figure by now, so I'm holding out hope for 2017

even if we do not get him ever I'll understand, but I will be disappointed.

I really do expect him every year. I kinda expect a cool SDCC for him or something.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Sagitar is easily the character I'd be most disappointing in not getting at this point. There are alot of characters I do still want but really after the amazing lineup we've gotten they are all pretty much gravy.

I really thought we would have gotten to this really unique figure by now, so I'm holding out hope for 2017

even if we do not get him ever I'll understand, but I will be disappointed.

I really do expect him every year. I kinda expect a cool SDCC for him or something.
    Look for him to make an appearance at SDCC 2016!!!

I still believe that he will be the large scale item in the CC sub!

I doubt they will do two NA large scale items for two years in a row. Plus they know this is a relatively wanted figure (probably the most requested from what's still left of NA), so they're likely to hold him hostage for a while, like they're doing with Lodar (maybe even until the "NA year"; i.e., 2019). Dylamug is probably likelier as one of the CC large items for 2017 (or even the long-overdue Twiggets pack?).

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    - Equinoan Cosmic Enforcer (*)

(*) Anyone remembers if Matty's already baptized him? I kind of seem to remember they did (in some QA or somewhere), but just can't recall the name (could be because, maybe, it was one of those onomastic abominations—like "Pebblass" and "Bould-Or"—of the TG era and my subconscious mind thought it better to send it into oblivion...)
    I believe it's Karsack

Heroic Warrior

I've got a feeling he might show up at SDCC too.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Vintage Attack Trak, POP Vintage Variants completed, NA Vintage completed, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Ice Armor He-Man, Skeleteen

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    I've got a feeling he might show up at SDCC too.
    I really hope so.

Yeah Sagitar and Stridor should definitely be the beast slots for 2017 IMO.
    Sagitar with a removable visor please
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Yeah Sagitar and Stridor should definitely be the beast slots for 2017 IMO.
    Sagitar with a removable visor please
    Without a doubt!

I know that Stridor is almost guaranteed since he is already 100% tooled thanks to Night Stalker... but, dammit! We had BETTER see Sagitar before this line ends!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Had to post pics of my new custom.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/153104.../shares/tA28YX
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bribri4u; July 26, 2017 at 11:51pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Had to post pics of my new custom. Attachment 113614Attachment 113615
    It says something about an "invalid attachement" ...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    It says something about an "invalid attachement" ...
    It's fixed now

Heroic Warrior
    It's fixed now
    And it looks great. Doesn't look like it can be converted to quadruped, can it?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    And it looks great. Doesn't look like it can be converted to quadruped, can it?
    No. But as god as it looks I'm happy in case we do not get an official one.

Really hope we see Sagitar do great in the poll. He would make such an AMAZING figure fully done by the 4 Horsemen and Super 7!

Heroic Warrior
    Really hope we see Sagitar do great in the poll. He would make such an AMAZING figure fully done by the 4 Horsemen and Super 7!
    I voted for BOTH versions of him!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Vintage Attack Trak, POP Vintage Variants completed, NA Vintage completed, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Ice Armor He-Man, Skeleteen

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    I voted for BOTH versions of him!
    Preach. This would be such an amazing add-on to the lineup.

I know they don't do build-a-figures in this line, but Super7 isn't bound by whatever guidelines Mattel or Toyguru may have laid down and Sagitar would be a good candidate if they decide to do a NA sub-line. Most of the remaining NA figures left to do are admittedly not that exciting, so having the one character everybody would want to have as a BAF would be a nice carrot. Also, just the nature of the character makes him ideal because you would have more pieces to collect than with a normal humanoid figure.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess

Sagitar for a large quarterly figure speculation

Sagitar is a must-have figure for the NA shelf! I hope he comes with both the toy and cartoon heads.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; January 14, 2018 at 12:09am.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Sagitar is a must-have figure for the NA shelf! I hope he comes with both the toy and cartoon heads.
    Yep! He is SO overdue it isn't funny!