Thread: Hasbro STEELS Stretch Armstrong from Mattel (Sad for Big Jim fans)

Hasbro STEELS Stretch Armstrong from Mattel (Sad for Big Jim fans)

It appears as though Mattel's Max Steel (which was rumored to have some Big Jim action) has been moving along far too slow for it's inked star. Instead the same guy chose Stretch Armstrong instead. Apparently he's only fit to play one toy.

Full story at the usual: Infinite Hollywood: Stretch Lives
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

Surprise...Surprise...Surprise...

Surprising indeed.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

The kid's not even 20 and looks nothing like either character (oddly he looks more like Steel IMO). Not to put the actor down, but this is such a flavor of the month casting move for both projects. I'm sure it sounds good to have him attached now to get the wheels rolling, but it won't surprise me if he leaves Armstrong as well. Probably not a good sign that he was saying yes to both projects in the first place.

Nobody cares about Stretch Armstrong! He might as well pass on that too. But if he did, we might have to worry about preteens going crazy over the latest Gumby movie. It'll be tough for Ed Murphy since he brought us the first live action version, but I think at this point he has way more experience with donkey characters. It'll be just like 48 hours but with clay.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

They should get him in the SMURF movie. He has that gigantic smurf nose, so no special make up needed.

austin

Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    They should get him in the SMURF movie. He has that gigantic smurf nose, so no special make up needed.

austin
    That would be mothersmurfing awesome!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Well, just another property that Hasbro is going to allow to be screwed up. The Transformers and GI Joe movies were horrible representations of those classic lines. And Lautner as Stretch Armstong...are they serious?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Screw Up? Look at how much money Hasbro had made on those 3 films..And with a G.I. Joe sequel in the works as well as a third TF movie they have to be doing something right..... Oh and Hasbro was smart enough to buy ALL of their cartoon properties back so now they own ALL of their material...Oh that's right Mattel doesn't have that do they....

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Well, just another property that Hasbro is going to allow to be screwed up. The Transformers and GI Joe movies were horrible representations of those classic lines. And Lautner as Stretch Armstong...are they serious?

Just another example of Hasbro one uping Mattel yet again. I wish Mattel would get the Masters of the Universe movie going and stop screwing around with lesser stuff.

This is a good thing for Mattel since this kid can't act for "shizz". Take away his abs and there go most of his audience(women and gay men). What I really find unbelievable is that Stretch Armstrong might actually get a movie before the original stretchy hero, Plastic Man, gets one. Not only is Plastic Man more of a household name, he actually has a ton of published stories for a screenwriter to pull from. He's been around 35 years longer than Stretch. DC AND Mattel need to get off their butts and stop acting like Batman & Barbie are their only properties.

Well, just another property that Hasbro is going to allow to be screwed up. The Transformers and GI Joe movies were horrible representations of those classic lines.
    While I kinda enjoyed G.I. Joe(although it definitely wasn't the G.I. Joe I grew up with), I agree with you about Transformers. Part of me is nervous about a possible MOTU movie. I still think no movie is better than something like Bay's movies or Justin Marks' MOTU script. I can always re-watch the 2 MOTU movies from the 1980's.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; February 28, 2010 at 02:47pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

There' is good and bad to this story, yes Hasbro has been VERY proactive with their properties which Mattel does need to start doing. but Hasbro seems willing to pimp out their lines and not care an iota about qualityrepresentations, they seem to 'throw anything at the wall and see what sticks" where as Mattel holds their stuff so close that it never gets to breathe and grow. they can both learn a bit from each other and find a happy medium, fans and shareholders alike will be pleased.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Screw Up? Look at how much money Hasbro had made on those 3 films..And with a G.I. Joe sequel in the works as well as a third TF movie they have to be doing something right..... Oh and Hasbro was smart enough to buy ALL of their cartoon properties back so now they own ALL of their material...Oh that's right Mattel doesn't have that do they....
    They made money because society has become desensitized to actual stories and simply like seeing the next big (BOOM FLASH) SFX explosion-laden film. have you noticed the ongoing IDW Transformers and GI Joe comics? They've both been given a more modern look and approach, an actual storyline, and their characters still look like those we grew up with. The Transformers comics in particular have even made the characters look more like the movie-type robots and they still look better than the crap Bay gave us.

So your mad because their not 100% accurate? Well your partial true but I guess they wanted to appeal to the masses and make them "look" more realistic to our world than the real thing...

Oh don't get me wrong I LOVE G1 TF and G.I. Joe it justs kills me that people complain about them not looking like this,sounding like this blah,blah,blah but at LEAST they got something made what is Mattel waiting for?

With the sucess of the MOTUC line that is telling you that this is a hot property and you should be focusing your resources on it 100% like Hasbro did with TF & G.I. Joe..Making a movie about Hot Wheels or Max Steel before MOTU is retarded on Mattel's part but that's why there #2...

They made money because society has become desensitized to actual stories and simply like seeing the next big (BOOM FLASH) SFX explosion-laden film. have you noticed the ongoing IDW Transformers and GI Joe comics? They've both been given a more modern look and approach, an actual storyline, and their characters still look like those we grew up with. The Transformers comics in particular have even made the characters look more like the movie-type robots and they still look better than the crap Bay gave us.

There isn't much of a "story" to Stretch Armstrong, so they can make it be whatever they want. I think a pre-teen comedy about a guy with stretchy powers has some potential. Choosing Lautner in this role doesn't really mean anything one way or the other... I mean, it's not like he'll be competing against classic portrayals of the character where Joe and TF had to.

Movie mayhem!
    Insiders say Tay decided to drop out of the Mattel flick so he can channel all of his energy in Hasbro's Stretch Armstrong.

And Hasbro were a little smarter in playing the Hollywoodland game!

"In the weeks after signing on to play Steel, Lautner became increasingly convinced that Hasbro was playing its hand better than Mattel," said one source.

"Thanks to WME, Hasbro was moving with far greater speed through Hollywood's development maze than Mattel, not only setting up projects, but quickly moving them forward."
    making me nervous about motu happening...

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    There isn't much of a "story" to Stretch Armstrong, so they can make it be whatever they want. I think a pre-teen comedy about a guy with stretchy powers has some potential. Choosing Lautner in this role doesn't really mean anything one way or the other... I mean, it's not like he'll be competing against classic portrayals of the character where Joe and TF had to.
    Honestly, I have no recollection of Stretch Armstong anyway, so really have no interest in the property either way. So I doubt I'll bother seeing it.