Thread: Art book concept characters support thread

Art book concept characters support thread

I was looking through the SDCC MOTU Art Book and started thinking about all the concept designs shown in the book. From the Space Armour He-Man to the Mattel designs for a Live Action movie.

Is there any support to see completely off the wall concepts like this make their way into the MOTUC line?

Would you be willing to buy concept characters like these?

*If anyone has better pictures please feel free to add them

Not really liking the first one…reminds me of Eminem. The rest sure!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    No, I wouldn't buy them.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Well... if nothing else, this thread has reminded me of the damp squib that was the Art Book (and the money I foolishly paid out for it on ebay!!).

I could live with a couple of these designs maybe ("Space Armor" He-Man, etc.), but right at the end of the line if at all. I don't want to see them yet in place of more prominent / requested characters.

(Also also, that top pic of He-Man looks terrible - like he just got out of rehab!!!!)
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I want the black guy with the two metal hands that was in the 200X concept art. He had a hair style similar to Dekker, so I don't know if he was meant to be that character only younger, but he looked very cool.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    That's a kitbashed Dark Knight Batman, remember...

Heroic Peace Officer Eternian Knight's Avatar
    Space Knight He-Man Inwould buy but I think he would look
    out of place next to my Classics.

I would like them if they were new characters. I feel we already have enough variants for He-Man & Skeletor to last us for awhile.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...P1010561-1.jpg

this one reminds me of he-man as a horde trooper, ha ha ha.

I could see the second one adapted into new division of the Eterinian Guards, say during the time when Randor disappearance. They could be the cross faction Council of Good troops or such.

I like the red Beastman design. They could adapt that and make him one of Gygor's troops.

The spiky guy on the claw thing don't really fit MOTU IMHO. The first He-man and the Skeletor design are kinda plain. They would look good in live action, but weird on the Classic's buck.
    Last edited by Steph; February 19, 2011 at 03:07pm.

Hate the first pic.

Agree that the second pic could be an adapted palace guard...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the rest! That last pic could work as Demo-Man, for me. The one beside it, I think could be an entirely new character. The Beast Man is awesome, and I agree he could be a Gy-Gor troop. The spikey guy is just cool. Interested in the green guy with the bow. The Trap Jaw is a little weird though.

Picture 1: When I look at this one I can't help but think this character can be Dare, Son of King He-Man. The headsculpt needs to be changed but the rest of the design looks good.

Picture 2: An Eternian Guard during the time of King He-Man. They have incorporated the technology from the New Adventures and the Horde

Picture 3: These could be the new Evil Warriors that threaten King He-Man

Picture 4: This could be the leader of the new Evil Warriors. Both pictures are the same character that has a transformation, similar to Mumm-Ra from Thundercats and Mon*Star from Silverhawks

If those designs were to be variants of the existing characters then I am happy with the vintage designs ... but as a sucker for new characters I'd be happy for these as completely new and unique warriors. However, I'd much rather see the Tomart article concept figures first (starting with Hoarder).
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    However, I'd much rather see the Tomart article concept figures first
    I couldn't agree more. Some of Tomart's concepts are so much better than the concepts presented above !

I'd still really like to see this book!
    I love that kitbashed Dark Knight one but probably wouldn't buy any of them.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

They're all pretty great, in my opinion. If they were made if Classics as variants of characters we have, I would of course want them to maintain the general look established in Classics already-new hairstyles and such being okay, though.

The Jedi-esque first picture could be a look for Adam while searching for the halves of the Sword. The Space Armor look could be used during some of his adventures on Primus and among the stars.
    The first Skeletor look might be cool as a new villain, but the other could simply be a different look for him.
    In fact, some of teh others could work best as new characters. The Beast Man concept would be a great Gygor troop-builder for his army. The Spikor and Trap Jaw designs would be interesting fillers for the ranks of Space Mutants. The bowman could be a new Evil Warrior or Space Mutant.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I like that Spikor as a new Horde Member - Darkspine.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove