Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Underwater Armor Teela support & appreciation thread

Underwater Armor Teela support & appreciation thread

Toyguru has confirmed Underwater Armor Teela from the MYP 2nd series episode # 34 "Second Skin" is a potential A-list variant for Teela in MOTUC (joining the ranks of fan demanded Blonde Teela and Bikini Teela).

If TEELA is an A-LIST character ...

You said that a Teela's blond version would be a great way for a refresh ...
    ( Just speculation from me that she's surely a MOTUC VS DC one ... ) .

But here is my question :

If TEELA is an A-list character , what are the chances to see a refresh of her with her skin repainted , let's say " SNAKE-LIKE " ?... Smiler

The MOTUC Teela is beautiful , i dream to see her in snake skin .

Toyguru:
    Like Blonde Teela, Bikini Teela, or Underwater Armor Teela, Snake Teela is also a great variant idea for her. But nothing to announce right now.
    This thread is to guage the level of fan support for this cool variant at some stage down the track.

In Second Skin, there were 4 Masters who wore Underwater Armor: Teela, He-Man, Mekaneck and Man-At-Arms. Man-At-Arms designed the armor using DNA from shed snakeman skin.

Based off the MYP toon, there are potentially 2 Underwater Armor figures that could be made:

- Underwater Armor Teela (UA female buck with Teela head)

- Underwater Armor Male (the Armor released designed around a standard male buck, allowing head swapping to set up figure of choice in the armor (i.e. put He-Man's head on and you have UA He-Man, etc). This is a perfect potential army builder.

Underwater Armor Teela could come with a second damaged helmet ... given the helmet's glass seemed easy to smash in the toon.

Second Skin was a pretty cool episode. It introduced us to Snake Carnivus, Snake Teela, Snake Man-At-Arms and Snake Mekaneck (the most visually appealling of all the snake change heroic warriors).

I must admit, I want strawberry blonde Bikini Teela as my priority Teela variant, but I'd certainly be pretty happy to receive Underwater Armor Teela (and Snake Teela) as part of MOTUC.

What say the fans?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    has anyone got a pic of her? I cant remember!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Crappola. I only took screencaps of MAA...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

That's not the Underwater Armor I was thinking of MGM

The Second Skin armor is essentially white and looks the same on all the men such that basically only the head is different (which is clearly different to the armor shown which is essentially designed for MAA only).

The Underwater Armor you have there I think is from the ep where MAA gets eaten by the Corodite infected giant flying fish?

FLitzi put a pic of the UA armor I'm talking about in the Toyguru answers thread.

I´m appreciating any variants that aren´t He-man or Skeletor.

I like those but there are plenty so let´s see someone else in a different outfit for a change and as i remember they all looked great in that underwater armor!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    If the line was a standard in the stores toyline, I would have no problem with it. However, this is a line that has 1-2 figures a month, and there are way too many characters out there for us to be given trashy variants over characters we have yet to see. Until we get Sy-Klone, Kobra Khan, Man-E-Faces, Clawful, Rattlor, Mekaneck, Ramman, Panthor, Leech, Evilseed, Icer, Mantenna, Cattra, Sorceress, etc, underwater, ice armor, etc, variants do not belong in this line!!!

I'd rather have a 2002 Teela instead. This isn't GI Joe.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I'll take any other variant first. Underwater anything in MOTU takes a backseat to all the other options available. I'll take Blonde Teela (with the dress that covers her hips) anyday.

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    I think we'll see blonde mini-comic Teela in the TRU 2 packs, so I hope we get Underwater Teela and DC Bikini Teela as future variants, Bikini Teela is my favorite but I'd be willing to wait a bit until the four horsemen master the 2-piece female buck I hope they're working on, so bring on underwater armor Teela

Bring on Underwater Armor Teela!!!
    Last edited by Muscle of Grayskul; September 25, 2010 at 01:29pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

That will be her...could definitely be a cool variant.

Last edited by kk2; September 25, 2010 at 01:53pm.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I prefer this armor as a new character Aquarianne, Mer-man is in love with her, but his true lover is Hydron.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Yeah, I'd buy a figure of Underwater Snake DNA Teela.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Um, guys... I'm positive he was joking in the sense that he was talking about any possible variant. He could have just as easily said Basketball Teela. I doubt they'd ever make this underwater Teela. And just to be clear, they should not. Nobody would buy her (why do we all of a sudden want crappy variants again????)
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    Um, guys... I'm positive he was joking in the sense that he was talking about any possible variant. He could have just as easily said Basketball Teela. I doubt they'd ever make this underwater Teela. And just to be clear, they should not. Nobody would buy her (why do we all of a sudden want crappy variants again????)
    But if you look at the picture above if they gave us and 'Underwater Armor' Teela, visually speaking, it would get us one step closer to the NA Sorceress from the Mini Comics and Space Suit Marlena.
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    But if you look at the picture above if they gave us and 'Underwater Armor' Teela, visually speaking, it would get us one step closer to the NA Sorceress from the Mini Comics and Space Suit Marlena.
    Hell's yeah!

I love variants of anyone and wil buy them all as hapilly as I would a unique figure like Stinkor, Glimmer, or Songster (yes, Songster!).

The haters can just keep on hatin'.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Okay, I was leaning to the "too GI Joe" side of this, but now I agree--I want them to make it! Bring on NA mini comic Sorceress! They could also make 87 movie Teela if they'd just get those rights secured!

Underwater Teela! I'll pass thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    If the line was a standard in the stores toyline, I would have no problem with it. However, this is a line that has 1-2 figures a month, and there are way too many characters out there for us to be given trashy variants over characters we have yet to see. Until we get Sy-Klone, Kobra Khan, Man-E-Faces, Clawful, Rattlor, Mekaneck, Ramman, Panthor, Leech, Evilseed, Icer, Mantenna, Cattra, Sorceress, etc, underwater, ice armor, etc, variants do not belong in this line!!!
    We have been told repeatedly we will get A-list variants that won't take slots from those other characters.
    Last edited by josh; September 25, 2010 at 10:10pm.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Next we'll get Snake armor Skakeskin DNA Scuba gear He-Man.
    Just make a removable armor that fits on most MOTUC styled figures like they did in 1987...

http://www.he-man.org/collecting/toy.php?id=1463
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    why do we all of a sudden want crappy variants again????
    Quote of the week!

Seriously do we Really want to encourage Mattel to dilute their promise?

Cos Im sorry guys, but this path leads to words like 'Smash and Spin Blades'

Steppin away from this thread now,it has nasty connotations!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I think once more of the line is out that this would be an ok variant. Would fit well with the NA Guardians I think....

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Quote of the week!

Seriously do we Really want to encourage Mattel to dilute their promise?

Cos Im sorry guys, but this path leads to words like 'Smash and Spin Blades'
    Quite. And doubly so when it comes to He-Men - after HM, Faker, Wun-Dar, TRU HM, BAHM, vintage Adam and PreterniaHM; it's time to leave He-Men and clones thereof in the realm of "reissues only" until 2013....

[Yes, I left out Cona-- sorry, "Vikor", on purpose, since he at least bears no particular resemblance to the standard HM]

Um, guys... I'm positive he was joking in the sense that he was talking about any possible variant. He could have just as easily said Basketball Teela. I doubt they'd ever make this underwater Teela.
    Well ... it could be a joke. OR it could be a hint!

At least 4 females in 2011, probably at least one an A-list variant. My money is on caucasian/200x Evil Lyn but with Toyguru you just never know!

I agree. There are definitely parts re-use opportunities with this variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    ... this is a line that has 1-2 figures a month, and there are way too many characters out there for us to be given trashy variants over characters we have yet to see. Until we get Sy-Klone, Kobra Khan, Man-E-Faces, Clawful, Rattlor, Mekaneck, Ramman, Panthor, Leech, Evilseed, Icer, Mantenna, Cattra, Sorceress, etc, underwater, ice armor, etc, variants do not belong in this line!!!
    As Josh noted, variants do belong in this line (i.e. BA He-Man and Skeletor). 4 variants per year in fact.

Variants don't take slots from new regular figures.

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    Next we'll get Snake armor Skakeskin DNA Scuba gear He-Man.
    Just make a removable armor that fits on most MOTUC styled figures like they did in 1987...

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...scubattack.jpg

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...02-12_full.jpg

http://www.he-man.org/collecting/toy.php?id=1463
    I'd be happy with an MOTUC update of the old Scubattack armor but the swapping heads feature of MOTUC makes it just as likely we'd get a Underwater Armor 'figure' or variant (possibly both a male and female [ie. Teela] version) which folk could swap heads onto. An easy army builder if you wanted to buy several and swap in a MAA, He-Man, Mekaneck and Fisto head to set up a (one sided) battle scene against Mer-Man.

I was always disappointed that with all of the variants we received in the 200X line, the Underwater Armor MAA wasn't one of them. He used UA in 2 of the episodes, very prominently. I fully support the ideas presented in this thread and would love this Teela variant, absolutely!!
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

Hi gang, just a reminder!

It seems that variants for A-list characters bring up strong opinions for and against. Lets all do our best to keep this discussion respectful and constructive.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

any teela is a good teela to me, but Id go for blonde or bikini teela first
    the ignore list is my new best friend