Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Vintage toys could get a 2.0 FILMATION release ?

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar

What Vintage toys could get a 2.0 FILMATION release ?

Actually when you look at all characters they could make in Filmation 2.0, and I think that's what they are planning for, we could get the 4 first waves of produced toys.

Heroic warriors :

He-man ( already schedulded )
    Man at arms
    Teela ( already schedulded )
    Stratos

Ram man
    Mekanek
    Man e faces

Buzz off
    Orko
    Prince Adam
    Fisto ( would be great since very expensive in 1.0 release )

Syklone
    Moss man
    Roboto

Stonedar
    Rokkon
    Snout spout ( wave 5 three in shera cartoon )
    Randor ( already made with Marlena )
    Sorceress ( who could sit down on castle grayskull throne )

Evil warriors :

Skeletor ( already schedulded )
    Merman
    Beastman ( already schedulded )
    Zodac
    (Faker) ( Just his eyes change in the cartoon which is the only difference with he-man )

Trap jaw ( already schedulded )
    Evil lyn ( already schedulded )
    Triklops

Clawful ( already schedulded )
    Whiplash
    Jitsu
    Webstor

Two Bad
    Spikor

Horde :

Hordak ( already schedulded )
    Grizzlor
    Leech
    Mantenna
    Modulok

Horde trooper (wave 5 )
    Multi bot ( shera cartoon )

Snake men :

Kobra kahn

Tung lashor ( both in shera cartoon from wave 5 )
    Rattlor

At end of 2015 ALL vintage toys will be made, so they did well by doing 2.0 releases in 2016.

On these different possible choices what do you think they have to be realised in Filmation 2.0 ?

************************************************** ****************************
    I also hope for great Filmation characters as Dylamug, Kittrina, Colonel Blast, Melaktha, Hawke/Delora,Hunga, Twiggets, General Tataran... So let's take a look on this poll thread to select some of them :

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ld-want-to-get

************************************************** ****************************

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by bObA_fEtt_Ox; August 15, 2015 at 02:35am.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> CA Heroic warriors He-man/Teela/Ramman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> CA Evil Warriors Skeletor/Faker/Beastman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> US Evil horde Hordak/Leech/Mantenna 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

ALL THE HORDE for sure.

When was Hordak confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post

During a Pixel Dan interview during SDCC :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kKHLRf-fyk

- - - Updated - - -

Imo even if I want them all I think they should at least produce every single 8-backs except faker :
    Merman
    Zodac
    Man at arms
    Stratos

Every single horde member :
    Mantenna
    Hordak
    Leech
    Grizzlor
    Rattlor
    Tung Lashor
    Horde trooper
    Modulok

Stratos
    wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww2436247-betrayal05.jpg

Man at arms
    wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww2416914-he_manseason2volume1still.jpg

Merman
    wwwwwwwwwww2441000-phantos02.jpg

Zodac
    wwwwwwwwwwwwwwww2426178-zodacassistant.jpg

Hordak
    wwwwwwwwwwwwwwww4372416-186604.jpg

Leech and grizzlor
    wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww2434552-friends01.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Tung lashor and Rattlor
    wwwburning03.JPG
    snakemen4.jpg

Mantenna and horde trooper
    wwwwwwwwwwwwwwww3033892-mantenna.jpg

Filmation Horde
    wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww2413998-snakemen8.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Modulok
    wgateway04.JPG
    Last edited by bObA_fEtt_Ox; July 18, 2015 at 08:44am.

Heroic Warrior
    I want

He man
    Beastman
    Skeletor
    Evil lyn
    Trap jaw
    Clawful

With these first six figures we have a library of parts to create filmation

Fisto just needs a head and armor

Spikor needs just a head and armor

Merman just needs a head and armor
    Triklops just needs head and armor

Buzz off just needs new wings

Mekaneck just needs new armor

Webstor needs new armor

Whiplash needs new head and armor

Grizzlor needs new head, new torso and new trunks with sculpted fur

Prince Adam just a straight repaint

Hordak needs new boots, head, cowl and armor

Zodac just needs nothing so those tooling dollars can go into say ram man or zodac cosmic chair

Man at arm needs just armor and head

Faker just needs eyes painted white with alternate exposed robot face

Sorceress just needs new wings and her face painted exactly like the 4h prototype

I want all these done in the filmation line so I have a complete filmation collection and not some in filmation and the other A listers in classics. Shudder the thought. Plus this couldn't be any cheaper for Mattel considering the amount of new tooling needed and paint will be minimal. Filmation designs share parts even more than vintage or motuc. I mean a head and armor on most of these and that's all

Syklone battle cat panthor orko two bad and moss man dont need to be done again since he is already filmation. But the others have to be done. Merman, fisto, triklops, Adam, webstor, whiplash, man e faces, keech, hordak, grizzlor, ram man, mantenna modulok abd multibot need to be done in filmation

And as far as POP they are all filmation. Entraptas good she really just needs a repaint. Frosta needs a new head and the rest of her a repaint. Shadow weaver just needs to be recast in a brighter filmation pink. And as far as lashor and rattlor never were big fans so I could take it or leave them getting a filmation figure but catra needs blue hair and her cat form--great two pack idea, dree Elle and montork can use orkos buck and just need new heads. And while the motuc she ra from 2010 was filmation something must have happened in production because her face makes her look like buck tooth betty. So she could at the least use a new filmation head
    Last edited by degra; July 19, 2015 at 12:59am.
    Matty please expand the new Filmation toyline and please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

I think your analysis is good, I would like full character and not just heads though, even if like you said that d probably be enough.

Catra in cat form would be really really cool.

I do not think at all Tung lashor and Rattlor do not have fans : they are snake men and horde, that's an awesome combo !
    Also when you look at a pic of both they would rock together !
    wwwburning03.JPGsnakemen4.jpgsnakemen3.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Oh I don't just want heads. I want mattel to redo all those characters in the filmation line. When I mentioned reusing heads I was referring to instances like mekaneck and buzz off which look like their filmation counterparts ' heads that they could be reused and wouldn't need a newly tooled filmation head. It would just be one more additional part already tooled they can go into producing a filmation accurate figure in the filmation line
    Matty please expand the new Filmation toyline and please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Oh I don't just want heads. I want mattel to redo all those characters in the filmation line. When I mentioned reusing heads I was referring to instances like mekaneck and buzz off which look like their filmation counterparts ' heads that they could be reused and wouldn't need a newly tooled filmation head. It would just be one more additional part already tooled they can go into producing a filmation accurate figure in the filmation line
    Ok I know what you mean.
    The best example is Hordak. We just got a repaint, some of them were asking for a head but there are too many differences on the rest of the figure especially torso.
    sssfetch.jpg

I personally don't need Mekaneck, Buzz Off, Sy-Klone, MEF and those kind of guys. Now Fisto, Mer-Man, Adam, MAA, The Horde guys, yeah. Shadow Weaver and Hordak especially.

Maybe Sorceress and Teela, if they capture the faces just right. Orko not so much, i meanthe Classics version is pretty simple as is. Marlena and Randor are pretty basic in Classics already...notmuch more to simplify there except bracelets and hair.

Maybe She-Ra and Bow, and make a non fat ass Sea Hawk.
    Recent.... Spirit of Grayskull
    Coming....
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Jitsu, Perfuma, Masque, Crita & Vultak
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor & the new Filmation line.

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

What about this crazy idea: Filmationize those figures who didn't appear in the cartoon. A Filmation inspired Rio Blast, or Ninjor would be interesting choices. Then they could expand into other Classics Characters through the Filmation lens. Filmation Draego-Man would be something unique. Ultimate Challenge: Filmationize Dactus!

And say HECK NO!! to half-baked reuse of Classics Heads... That would defeat the Less detailed Filmation Style and "Dilute cartoon accuracy". I may not like that direction, but if they are going that way they need to go FOR BROKE.

To use degra's examples and taking them to MORE ACCURATE to the Filmation style:
    (Not using it as an attack or anything. Just using my nitpicking abilities to your team's favor and the list was fairly reasonable.)

Fisto: Needs a new head, armor and Oo-Larr's bare left forearm. Also a new fist with less rivets than Classics. Better if it's articulated.

Spikor: That analysis is correct. The question is, will he get same colored bracers or will the left one be painted silver as seen on the episode "The Games".

Mer-Man: New Head, Armor and Loincloth.

Triklops: That analysis is correct

Buzz Off: Needs a new head with a visor that works similar to Flipshot in addition to the wings and Torso armor, he'd need new claws with furry bracers.

Mekaneck: Needs new head, neck extensions and armor.

Webstor: Needs a new head and armor.

Whiplash: Needs new head, Torso and Tail

Grizzlor: Needs new head, Armor and loincloth. The Shaggy Fur effect COULD be replicated with flocking IF the sculpted fur looks bad.

Prince Adam: Needs a new Vest without MOTUC Detailing on the belt.

Hordak: That analysis is correct, but I may add BOTH Arms to be Interchangeable and to get Cartoon Accurate Cannon Arms.

Zodac: Needs new Head and Armor. The Filmation Zodac has a visible nose under the helmet.

Man-at-Arms: Needs new head, New Armor and New Arms with the Armor sculpted On.

Faker: This analysis is correct and yes on the Second Head with the robotics exposed. Also Glow in the dark eyes for the Normal He-Man head.

Sorceress: Needs new boots, Dress, Wings and Headdress.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Heroic Warrior
    The atak trak

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    The atak trak
    Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes!! I NEED the Soccer Mom Van Attak Trak MORE than the Vintage Toy version. If they can only do 1 Heroic vehicle, this is it.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Hell Yes, Filmation Attak Trak!
    Recent.... Spirit of Grayskull
    Coming....
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Jitsu, Perfuma, Masque, Crita & Vultak
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor & the new Filmation line.

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm glad we are all on the level of genius.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Fisto: Needs a new head, armor and Oo-Larr's bare left forearm. Also a new fist with less rivets than Classics. Better if it's articulated.
    I'd be okay if to get a filmation fisto they repurposed the motuc fist just don't add gold accents to the knuckles. But hey if they want to tool a new go right ahead
    Mer-Man: New Head, Armor and Loincloth
    They can reuse the filmation loincloth that almost all the filmation figures were shown with. Besides the armor covers up the waist anyway
    Buzz Off: Needs a new head with a visor that works similar to Flipshot in addition to the wings and Torso armor, he'd need new claws furry bracers
    He doesn't need a new head. The motuc is filmation in my opinion. And Clawful is getting the new claws so that will be tooled already. And he doesn't need new armor. They can paint the horizontal stripes straight on the buck because he doesn't look like he is wearing an armor or harness
    Mekaneck: Needs new head, neck extensions and armor.
    I didn't mention the extended neck piece since I wasn't bringing up the accessories and the motuc head looks exactly like filmation
    Webstor: Needs a new head and armor.
    As far as I can tell the basic headsculpt is filmation to my eye--granted I'm not as anal as you are about minutae-I might not have squinted hard enough It really just needs a repaint
    Whiplash: Needs new head, Torso and Tail
    He doesn't need a new torso. He needs a new harness overlay and there isn't anything wrong with reusing the motuc tail again
    Prince Adam: Needs a new Vest without MOTUC Detailing on the belt.
    OMG. Really?!? No the pre existing vest is fine

Man-at-Arms: Needs new head, New Armor and New Arms with the Armor sculpted On.
    First mattel isn't going to tool new arms with sculpted armor. Second the cartoon doesn't depict the armor as sculpted on. It is just like the armor for motuc Duncan it just needs less detail and paint
    Sorceress: Needs new boots, Dress, Wings and Headdress.
    Her boots and headdress are fine. Depending on how they tackle the wings she might need a new torso but everything else can be reused

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    I'd be okay if to get a filmation fisto they repurposed the motuc fist just don't add gold accents to the knuckles. But hey if they want to tool a new go right ahead

They can reuse the filmation loincloth that almost all the filmation figures were shown with. Besides the armor covers up the waist anyway

He doesn't need a new head. The motuc is filmation in my opinion. And Clawful is getting the new claws so that will be tooled already. And he doesn't need new armor. They can paint the horizontal stripes straight on the buck because he doesn't look like he is wearing an armor or harness

I didn't mention the extended neck piece since I wasn't bringing up the accessories and the motuc head looks exactly like filmation

As far as I can tell the basic headsculpt is filmation to my eye--granted I'm not as anal as you are about minutae-I might not have squinted hard enough It really just needs a repaint

He doesn't need a new torso. He needs a new harness overlay and there isn't anything wrong with reusing the motuc tail again

OMG. Really?!? No the pre existing vest is fine

First mattel isn't going to tool new arms with sculpted armor. Second the cartoon doesn't depict the armor as sculpted on. It is just like the armor for motuc Duncan it just needs less detail and paint
    Her boots and headdress are fine. Depending on how they tackle the wings she might need a new torso but everything else can be reused
    The existing MOTUC Pieces would not work because of added Details and Textures that would clash with the Filmation looks. If they used the more detailed pieces randomly, then people like me could play TV Lawyer and point out contradictions on saying details are ghastly, on one hand and letting them slide on the other. (while the added details benefit ME, it's not what the majority wants, so it should be avoided.)

The suggestion for sculpted armor for Man-at-Arms comes from the way it attaches to him on the show. (The Elbow Joint.) The current toy has two points where the armor is strapped. That would be the only way it would stay on, because if you make the armor separate, then you'd need a stiff arm that can't bend at the elbow. That would ruin one of the selling points of this line: Super Articulated He-Man toys with the Filmation looks.

Again, in the name of accuracy for the new sub-line, new pieces must be made. We can't let Mattel cheap out on these, otherwise the slippery slide would turn things in my favor, by reusing more MOTUC parts, they'd blend better with MOTUC and the 40+ Filmation figures we have in classics, but it's not what most people here have said they wanted.

Being anal about these details comes from a background in art (college and working with graphic designers from time to time). Sadly, I can't turn it off. But in the end, it's better if it helps everyone get the best toys as possible. (even if it works against MY wants.)

But back on track... I also want a Variant Throne Diorama for Castle Grayskull. The Filmation Sorceress throne!

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    During a Pixel Dan interview during SDCC :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kKHLRf-fyk
    Actually neither Hordak or Teela have been confirmed for the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe line yet. Around the 13:00 mark in Dan's video Brandon notes that Point Dread Teela 2.0 is a Filmation inspired Teela, or Classicized Filmation, and that she was designed before the Filmation line came about, but that doesn't rule out a genuine full Filmation Teela in the HatMotU line down the road. Then at the 18:50 mark, Dan and Brandon discuss Buzzsaw Hordak and SDCC/Horde Invasion Hordak, and Brandon acknowledged that they would like to produce a genuine full Filmation Hordak at some point, though he did not confirm him.
    Collector's Choice Musts: Karg, Granita, Dylamug, Colonel Blast, Lodar, Sagitar, Melog, Illumina, Skeleteen, Scrollos, Hunga, Lizzor, Crimson Fury, King Miro, Queen Andreeno, Red Eye, Spirit, Charger, Stridor, Bionotops, Clawdeen, Mantisaur, Spydor, Starburst She-Ra, Catra 2.0 w/cat form, Guerrer-Or, Tay-Lor the Ancient, Scheim-Or the Ancient, Roton (Monogram) & Attak Trak (Monogram)

Quote Originally Posted by I, Harbinger View Post
    Actually neither Hordak or Teela have been confirmed for the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe line yet. Around the 13:00 mark in Dan's video Brandon notes that Point Dread Teela 2.0 is a Filmation inspired Teela, or Classicized Filmation, and that she was designed before the Filmation line came about, but that doesn't rule out a genuine full Filmation Teela in the HatMotU line down the road. Then at the 18:50 mark, Dan and Brandon discuss Buzzsaw Hordak and SDCC/Horde Invasion Hordak, and Brandon acknowledged that they would like to produce a genuine full Filmation Hordak at some point, though he did not confirm him.
    The way he said that is almost a confirmation, he wouldn't have said what he said about a full filmation hordak and not just a head if that wasn't the case. Plus they made filmation he-man and skeletor not just a head for them, so that's 99% sure.
    Also someone talked about that filmation hordak on an article on this forum, I cannot find the thread because too many.

And Teela is confirmed too since she is coming with point dread and talon fighter.

Just give me a Roboto that doesn't break, and I'm happy

Heroic Warrior
    I'll probably just buy He-Man, Skeletor, and Hordak.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Filmation Moss Man wouldn't be flocked if he were to stay true to the animation.

Filmation Faker is basically a head that you can put onto an extra Filmation He-man figure. But who would it come with?

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Fisto, Sorceress, Whiplash and Frosta needs to be done in true filmation style
    Welcome to my Shapeways shop (Filmation inspired heads and accessories)
    http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eternalcustoms
    My facebook page:
    https://m.facebook.com/eternalcustoms
    Most Wanted MOTUC: Melaktha, Kittrina, King Helios, Colossor, Zilora, Dragoon

Quote Originally Posted by I, Harbinger View Post
    I took it the same way you did. I think they want to make one, but it is not set in stone and coming for sure.

Moss mam 2.0

I think they are a plenty of other characters they could make not just moss man even that would be a great addition to the classic toyline