Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How about a NA Megapack like DCUniverse's Legion of Superheroes 12 pack?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

How about a NA Megapack like DCUniverse's Legion of Superheroes 12 pack?

Howabout an 10 figure New Adventures megapak, sort of like this...

The Legion pack sold out and we never saw it again, even in Cyber Monday or with Customer Service stock.

Obviously, this wouldn't be for everyone, but aside from the occasional Jetlag character like Crita or Sebrian, it gets the majority of the toyline New Adventures characters out of the way overnight and does the job of a New Adventures subscription in one sitting. Heck, they could make this a SDCC item to give this item even more credibility.

Kayo
    Vizar
    Nocturna
    Spinwit
    Artilla
    Hoove
    Staghorn
    Butthead
    Quakke
    Lizorr

Discuss....

Update: Removed Tuskador since he's getting made.

Since Sagitar is so popular, he might stand a chance of getting made on his own, in a beast slot. So I'm removing him.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; October 7, 2015 at 05:21pm.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

I would buy it without a second thought. It would also be one of the most exciting things I ever got in the mail. I'm going crazy just thinking about getting all those figures in one fell swoop.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Howabout a 12 figure New Adventures megapak, sort of like this...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hdtNnj4QDr...0/IMG_2100.JPG

The Legion pack sold out and we never saw it again, even in Cyber Monday or with Customer Service stock.

Obviously, this wouldn't be for everyone, but aside from the occasional Jetlag character like Crita or Sebrian, it gets the majority of the toyline New Adventures characters out of the way overnight and does the job of a New Adventures subscription in one sitting. Heck, they could make this a SDCC item to give this item even more credibility.

Kayo
    Vizar
    Nocturna
    Tuskador
    Spinwit
    Artilla
    Sagitar
    Hoove
    Staghorn
    Butthead
    Quakke
    Lizorr

Discuss....

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    I'd be totally in favor of this. This might be the best way to release the remaining New Adventures. Do it as a limited edition pre-order.

I would like to add, I was never an NA fan, but the Four Horsemen sculpts have done wonders for these characters. Great to see them in Classics, hope we get the rest.

This is a terrible idea.

If it were the only way to get them, then yes of course I am behind it because I'd like to have them. But based ont he price and having to pay it all at once...I cannot see it being a viable or beloved choice.

Also though I have absolutley no personal care for those dastardly Mint in Box collectors I must admit I cannot see them being pleased to have a very unique display piece that doesn't match the rest of the line. Maybe they would, but I feel like they wouldnt.

I know this is just a creative idea and there is no way they are or would do this and I appreciate the thought. It's something I'd do because I would like them all but it would almost guarenteed to failure.

I'm holding out for a 2016 line with say 4 NA figs and a Sagitar large beast. I do not even expect that to happen, but it's far more likely.

It's never going to happen.... BUT I would be the first to hit the order button!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    This is a terrible idea.

If it were the only way to get them, then yes of course I am behind it because I'd like to have them. But based ont he price and having to pay it all at once...I cannot see it being a viable or beloved choice.

Also though I have absolutley no personal care for those dastardly Mint in Box collectors I must admit I cannot see them being pleased to have a very unique display piece that doesn't match the rest of the line. Maybe they would, but I feel like they wouldnt.

I know this is just a creative idea and there is no way they are or would do this and I appreciate the thought. It's something I'd do because I would like them all but it would almost guarenteed to failure.

I'm holding out for a 2016 line with say 4 NA figs and a Sagitar large beast. I do not even expect that to happen, but it's far more likely.
    Making this a SDCC exclusive would make this a hot ticket item for scalpers who don't know any better. MOTU fans would know better, but normal resellers wouldn't...they would simply see some expensive, rare exclusive.

This is just an idea. Now that Vintage MOTU and POP are wrapping up, I wanted to see how popular this idea would be. NA fans are upset that 200X got the nod for a sub over NA, but what if NA gets finished in one big swoop? Who would support that instead of wanting these characters in a six or seven figure sub or even being included in the regular sub?

The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

If this is the only way to complete the NA faction, I would buy it for sure!
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

I want more NA but not a fan of this idea. The price would be more than Grayskull.

Damn you, I just wrote out a longer response in the other thread.

If this were the only way to get them, sure. I don't mind sacrificing them individually carded/boxed, I just worry about the box set leaving out unhelmeted heads or having to sacrifice additional tooling.
    Vintage New Adventures deserves to be finished!
    MOTUC Top Ten Super 7 wants: KAYO, Hoove, Drissi, Crystoll, Chef Allen, any Catra variant, Nocturna, Red Knight, Clawdeen (flocked), Spinwit
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon, Skystalker

Just curious, how was the price for the Legion pack?
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Evil Master of Spaghetti Kobra Khan's Avatar
    A 12 pack to complete vintage New Adventures? SOLD!
    Pasta la vista, baby!

NA in MOTUC, 10 more to go! Artilla, Butthead, Hoove, Kayo, Lizorr, Nocturna, Sagitar, Spinwit, Staghorn, Vizar.

Court Magician
    I'm not trying to rain on anyone's idea but I just don't think there is enough of a NA fan base to make this a success. If they were to ever do a pack like this, I'd think a "core" 10 pack would be the best idea consisting of He-man, MAA, Fisto, Teela, Roboto, Skeletor, Trap Jaw, Beast Man, Tri-Klops, and Merman. With this always on the website, say for $200, then new fans could always jump in and old fans could buy a set for display or have a set as a back up if one of their core figures breaks. Fisto, Teela, Trap Jaw and Tri-Klops could then be had for a reasonable price and Roboto could be reworked for better quality.

If Mattel really want to up the sales they could also offer a "customizers pack" only available if you purchase a set that gave you new heads, armors, back attachments (like wings) and weapons that could turn each figure into a new character. Of course this pack would have to be done with some logic and have colors in it that make sense. This could easily be an in-house design but if Mattel really wanted to up the sales they could tap the 4H to come through and design the pack to make the new characters.

Oh, yes...this WILL be expensive. $28 to $30 for 11 figures and maybe $35 to $40 for Sagitar. I think the price would be something from $350 to $370 without taxes or shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by PaoloKr View Post
    Just curious, how was the price for the Legion pack?
    I think it was $180. It was released around Christmas time.

The Blonde Teela Thread

I remember Scott saying on RGD a couple of years ago that this is something they could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chirs EL View Post
    I'm not trying to rain on anyone's idea but I just don't think there is enough of a NA fan base to make this a success.
    That's where the SDCC exclusive part comes in! The scalpers will handle the bulk of sales at SDCC and then the remainder will get sold on Matty. The scalpers who aren't familiar with MOTU won't have any era biases. All they will see is a rare item offered at SDCC.

The Blonde Teela Thread

I'd be down. I want everyone but Karg!

Didn't Scott mention one time doing a completer 7 pack of NA for an SDCC exclusive
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

I think it was $180. It was released around Christmas time.
    Not so bad, fair price! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    I remember Scott saying on RGD a couple of years ago that this is something they could do.
    Yeah, I remember too but not for 12 figures.

I would prefer them individually, but would buy it if it were the only way to get them.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I would buy this if this was the only way hopefully we can get a few more released and knock it down from 12 or do a 5 pack of heroes one year and villains the next year. I would actually prefer this over anymore vehicles.
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro,Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna,Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Twiggets, Drissi, Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast,Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast,Kay-La, Red Shadow,Gladiator, Bandwidth, Negator, SawTooth, Skeleteen, Tataran, Lt. Andra, Bug Eye, and MissleToe.

If this was a multi-pack aimed at new collectors (He-Man, Skeletor, Teela, Beastman, etc.) I'd be completely supportive! Would be appropriate after the live action movie is released. Maybe a TRU exclusive.

The cost for something like this is just far too high at this point, I'm afraid. If it were 2008 and these things were "only" 20 bucks a pop (which I thought was expensive back then, ha ha!), maybe my tune would be different. I do indeed want as many NA figures executed in the Classics style as I can possibly get, but I can't drop close to FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS (!!!) for 12 figures all at once... especially considering there'd be QC issues for sure, paint apps cut, accessories left out, etc. I just don't trust Mattel to pull something like this off and please the people who would actually go for something like this.
    It would be better, IMO, to just start doing quarterly two-packs outside the sub... Kayo Vs. Staghorn, Spinwit Vs. Butthead, Artilla Vs. Quakke... that sort of thing... price it so that there are no cheap-outs, and see how those sell. Then maybe knock the rest off in a slightly less intimidating pack of some sort down the road.
    Or, you know, we could have gotten these guys all along instead of Sir Laser Lot, The Mighty Spector, Nepthu, Vykron, ad nauseum...

Heroic Warrior
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the LOSH 12-pack underperform reportedly? And that's from a property that's been ongoing near-monthly since the 1960s in comic form. I'd love it if just to get the rest of the collection, but I don't see it ever happening.
    MOTUC Wishlist: Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Andros, Monstroid, the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Good idea. I'd go for it for sure to complete vintage NA! The price tag would hurt but with enough time to order I'd buy it. This may put off international sales though as the shipping for this item would be high for them. As an sdcc item, it may be too much as well as ppl will opt to buy other exclusives instead of this $350 item.

I'd go for a 5 figure holiday pack for 2016 and 2017 to complete this vintage era. Any main ones like Sagitar, Crita, Lizorr & Darius can be a part of the regular sub in those years. These packs can be offered as non sub holiday items, like the Battle Ram, and separate from the main sub and those interested can purchase it. The more people that sub in 2016, the higher the chance this gets made. I'd propose a "subscription plus" offer for fans to guarantee these and other items (chase, travel, sdcc) in the year for the "all in" customers.

Price tag would be like $150 and it would eliminate a mini sub having to be greenlit to reach a minimum as the main sub would've taken care of that as long as we exceed 100% of that sub each year.

Examples would be:
    2016: Tuskador, Kayo, Staghorn, Quakke, Vizar
    2017: Hoove, Artilla, Butthead, Nocturna, Spinwit
    Last edited by Count Judas; February 16, 2015 at 06:34pm.
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2018: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man

Court Magician
    So all the NA fans that don't get it from SDCC have to either buy the 12 pack (already with a big price tag) from a scalper at an ungodly price tag or try and get what is left over on Matty later??

Man, this is two of the worst things about collecting...scalping and small quantities on Matty. Could you image the price of the pack once the remainder sold out on Matty??

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    at this point, i would like to complete the na series.

i like the op idea, but maybe mattel could split it in two six figures packs:

a galactic protectors big box, shaped to resemble starship eternia when closed;
    a space mutants big box, shaped to resemble nordor when closed;

this could add some appeal to collectors, and maybe some fun factor too.