Thread: Power-Con Programming Announced

Power-Con Programming Announced

Power-Con programming has been announced! Yay! So exciting! It seems like there won't be any major conflicts for me! It just kinda sucks that I'll miss the illustration panel on Sunday and the live commentary screening because I have a 4pm flight back home...

Also, isn't it kinda strange that Mattel's panel is on Sunday? It may be too early to talk of tradition since this is only the third year, but still - Mattel's panel was always on day 1. We won't be able to discuss reveals all day on Saturday? Will Mattel's booth be updated on Sunday after the reveals? So strange...

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ng-schedule%2F

I'm so glad you posted this! I was thinking there was no Matty panel this year and managed to miss it on the Sunday schedule.

They probably won't have much to show, though, right? I thought I heard somewhere that development is frozen on the line until they find out the fate of the 2014 sub.

So, no reveals in September? That kinda sucks
    As much as I LOVE everything else on Power-Con, seeing the new figures in person is always the highlight for me

Worst case, I'd imagine we'd get to see everything that was in the booth at the end of SDCC, right?

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure they plan to have a few reveals like in the past. But I'm not 100% positive.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by zyzyx1701d View Post
    They probably won't have much to show, though, right? I thought I heard somewhere that development is frozen on the line until they find out the fate of the 2014 sub.
    The sculpted prototypes are probably done for 2/3 of the year, so no, they should have plenty to show. What is likely frozen is development/tooling of the 2nd quarter sculpts into action figures.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Yeah, they'll know by PowerCon if the sub is going through. I suspect there will be sculpts to show. At a minimum I'd think we'd see Scorpia and Blade as they've been hinted.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Okay, that's good to know! Fingers crossed to see Scorpia and Blade. If I recall correctly last year we got to see Octavia and Karratti and were teased with Clamp Champ's clamp.

We also saw Snake Face
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Makes sense to move the Panel to Sunday to stretch out the festivities. Sunday was busy last year but nowhere near the crowds as Saturday had.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Yeah, I was thinking they should probably have stuff to show because tooling needs to happen so much in advance. Plus, it's almost a month after the subscription window closes, so even if new development is frozen at the moment, it will have been (hopefully) restored by then.

It might be a timing issue. There may be scheduling conflicts on either Mattel or Power-Con side. But, if it was an intentional decision, it doesn't really make sense. That panel was probably the most exciting panel in previous years, and showing new figures at the beginning gives fans more time to talk, take pictures, create more buzz and excitement. Saturday is the day when people have more downtime (lunchbreak, after-hours). Then you mingle at the mixer and everyone is excited and they talk about favorite reveals.

It seems weird that there will be nothing new to talk about all day on Saturday, and then people will be packing and checking out and Scott will be like "oh, btw, we have new reveals... anyone...?"

I know there was some time conflict with masses of people picking up their traveling convention figure and the Matty panel last year.If anything they could have moved the panel back an hour Saturday.Anyways it gives me something to look forward to Sunday since Saturday is the craziest day.

That is a good point. Sunday seemed really slow compared to Saturday last year.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    We also saw Snake Face
    That's right! How could I forget?

Okay, that's good to know! Fingers crossed to see Scorpia and Blade. If I recall correctly last year we got to see Octavia and Karratti and were teased with Clamp Champ's clamp.
    We also had the reveal of the CG pre-order... which I think trumps everything else lol
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    This programming schedule is ROCKIN!!!!!!!

I'm so incredibly pumped for this Awesome convention!!!!! Only a month away!!!!!!!

Let's get those subs bought so we can have some great MOTUC's reveals this year!!!!!!

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Also, isn't it kinda strange that Mattel's panel is on Sunday? It may be too early to talk of tradition since this is only the third year, but still - Mattel's panel was always on day 1. We won't be able to discuss reveals all day on Saturday? Will Mattel's booth be updated on Sunday after the reveals? So strange...
    Worst case, I'd imagine we'd get to see everything that was in the booth at the end of SDCC, right?
    No conspiracy theories on this one -- I originally had them on Saturday but there was a simple conflict, so the panel was shifted to Sunday in agreement with Mattel.

Mattel will have a booth display on both days of the convention.

Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    I know there was some time conflict with masses of people picking up their traveling convention figure and the Matty panel last year.If anything they could have moved the panel back an hour Saturday.Anyways it gives me something to look forward to Sunday since Saturday is the craziest day.
    I started the panel programming at 11am this year instead of 10am, which gives the attendees the opportunity to walk the exhibitor floor before heading to a panel.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I started the panel programming at 11am this year instead of 10am, which gives the attendees the opportunity to walk the exhibitor floor before heading to a panel.
    Great idea, I'll enjoy seeing the booths in the morning instead of jumping right into the panels.
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

good idea about letting people roam the floor first. That was one of the bigger bummers last year.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Mattel will have a booth display on both days of the convention.
    I wonder if they will put new figures on display and cover them with black cloth. That would be crazy - I wonder what techniques fans will come up with to figure out who the characters are.

Maybe they will just show us accessories to start the buzz...

That's great, the morning will be more relaxed. I might even have breakfast this year