Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The MYP giants (Azdar, Belzar, and Chadzar ) support thread !

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    Eh, I never liked their designs. Maybe the Horsemen can do wonders there. But judging only from their cartoon appearance, I'm not too keen on seeing them as figures.
    Agreed.

If the 4H weren't working on this line, I would NEVER consider buying those characters, not even for a second.

IMO that was among the very worst MYP episodes, and really had a poor characterization of Buzz-Off (one of my faves) to boot!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    With Tytus being released soon, there is no doubt in my mind that Megator should follow.

But there are 3 other evil giants that we often forget : Azdar, Belzar, and Chadzar, the giants from the 200x MYP cartoon !

As far as I remember them, they would be totally AWESOME in MOTUC ! I would buy each of them for sure !

I can see them based on Tytus or Megator, of course.

I'm not saying that we'll get them right away, but I think it would be a logical and very good idea to release them in MOTUC !

So, who would like these giants in her/his MOTUC collection ?

Let's support Azdar, Belzar and Chadzar, and let's make their release happen in MOTUC !
    i'm real glad that you started this tread because i would really like to see these characters to get made. i strongly support these three giants being made.

Well, we've got Skeletor and Webstor, and Marzo's on his way, so we need these three and Evilseed to round off the Council of Evil!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    Although i am disappointed in their choice of size for the Giant characters. I mean if the regular figures are in a 7 in scale and the so-called giant figures are 12 in scale thats only 5 in difference not very giant in my opinion. Put me down for the A,B,C Giants
    Find the things in life that bring you joy and hold onto them with every ounce of your being.

Heroic Warrior
    From TNI Q&A's, we just got the confirmation that the Tytus body "gives Mattel the needed buck to do other giants in the future" ! Please note the S in "giantS" !!! THIS MEANS MEGATOR IS ON, AND PROBABLY ALSO AZDAR, BELZAR AND CHADZAR, THE 3 MYP GIANTS ! AND MAYBE EVEN PROCRUSTUS, WHO KNOWS ? Wooohooooo ! (source : http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=15525 ).

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I support the Giant from Das Todestor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    If we get the license from filmation, Bring on the giant Morgoth! do a small version of him as well. He's the one that originally brought the horde to Eternia, according to filmation.
    Even if Mattel did get the right to Filmations characters, Morgoth would be out of the question as he was named by writer J. Michael Statzinski (BIG lord of the Rings fan and he losely based his own TV show, Babylon 5 on the novels) after Morgoth from Lord of The Rings. Morgoth was an evil spirit that ruled over Sauron before Sauron defeated him.

From TNI Q&A's, we just got the confirmation that the Tytus body "gives Mattel the needed buck to do other giants in the future" ! Please note the S in "giantS" !!! THIS MEANS MEGATOR IS ON, AND PROBABLY ALSO AZDAR, BELZAR AND CHADZAR, THE 3 MYP GIANTS ! AND MAYBE EVEN PROCRUSTUS, WHO KNOWS ? Wooohooooo ! (source : http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=15525 ).
    Yeah, but wasn't original Megator all hunched and bent over? They can't exactly reuse the buck from Tytus without a new torso--or I wouldn't think they could. Someone who actually owned the original toy could probably give a better idea of how Megator compared to Tytus. At least one of the MYP giants was hunched too, so that would help the case of making another torso piece.

Not sure how they can justify a new buck to allow for Procrustus's multiple arms, except that he'd be 10K kinds of awesome!

I support the MYP giants. I like both "Buzz-Off's Pride" and the Council of Evil episodes very much.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    And the giants were even pretty lame in Skeletor's Council of Evil.
    I thought the giants kinda gave He-Man's rampage some weight. I loved it when he was throwing whole land masses at them.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

After Megator, I'd welcome the ABC giants into the MOTUC line.

I think 12' is too small considering their scale in The Last Stand

Since they are doing giants anyway, I figured the fact that they have pre-made those 3 as well helped us get the 2 original (eventually) giants into the line quicker. I'd say it's a forgone conclusion they are planning to release the 3 giants eventually. 5 figures from a body buck rather than 2, just good sense.

Dont know for a fact I'd buy them, but I'd be happy to know they existed.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Yeah, but wasn't original Megator all hunched and bent over? They can't exactly reuse the buck from Tytus without a new torso--or I wouldn't think they could. Someone who actually owned the original toy could probably give a better idea of how Megator compared to Tytus. At least one of the MYP giants was hunched too, so that would help the case of making another torso piece.

Not sure how they can justify a new buck to allow for Procrustus's multiple arms, except that he'd be 10K kinds of awesome!
    Of course they could use the same buck for Megator. My beast man is all kinds of hunched over, looking all cool and bestial. Of course perhaps you should remind me if Tytus has the ab crunch articulation, hehehhe. But if so, yeah, we get him hunched easy enough.
    Last edited by baronterror; March 12, 2010 at 05:56pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Azdar, Belzar, and Chadzar, the giants from the 200x MYP cartoon !

As far as I remember them, they would be totally AWESOME in MOTUC ! I would buy each of them for sure !

Let's support Azdar, Belzar and Chadzar, and let's make their release happen in MOTUC !
    Every time I hear of giants in MOTU I always think of the MYP giants.
    I totally want them in my collection.
    I want my other half.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    I think 12' is too small considering their scale in The Last Stand
    One quotation mark means feet, two means inches. You said 12 feet which is CRAZY big!

I support all the giants being made! I personally think the MYP trio looks cooler than Megator! That's right...I said it.

Procrustus is my favourite out of the bunch. His story is REALLY awesome.

The German giant is cool too.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Procrustus! I just read that comic the other day, pretty cool. Would reallly like to see him in plastic.
    Honestly the only giant I would like to see from the 200X series is Azdar. Not saying I wouldnt buy the others!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not so interested in the MYC Giants! i would buy non of them!

Yes I want all the giants.....I would buy three sets....one for my moc collection....one for my classics....and one set for my myp figures

If it's the only way we would get a Megator, sure why not.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

I didn't even know about Tytus and Megator until I found this board but I'd definitely like to see the MYP giants in the MOTUC line.

Like I say with any other logical choice. Bring 'em on!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    would they each get a different body sculpt so they are uniquely different like in the myp? or will matty even bother making they because of cost.

After Procrustus, I would love to get these 3 Giants!

Please bring them on!

I've no interest in these guys, especially at a $40 price tag. I've never like their character, they are one of the few things I didn't like in the MYP show.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26