Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible small vehicles being released in future!?

Possible small vehicles being released in future!?

After this months round of questions from around the net, TNI asked the question that since the sale of Battlecat went so well, would that bode well for future large scale beasts to which the reply was yes and that they would look into the possibilty of small vehicles

( Takes a deep breath) yep vehicles could be on their way. YYYEEESSS!?!? but no promises was also mentioned in the same breath( which to me is as good as a yes)

So, which small vehicles would you like to see being released? Should we take heed that it said small vehicles?
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Well, I hope the Wind Raider gets serious consideration.

After that, the Battle Ram.

And I know this won't get the proper action feature but the Attak Trak would be great.
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Can you imagine the production numbers, i think they should seriously get the figure allocation right first before taking on any challengers of vechiles.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I can only think of one SMALL vehicle; The Sky Sled (No Battle Ram included)
    It's perfect because both the Heroic Warriors and the Evil Warriors use them.
    There are many of them, so this is easily an army building type of vehicle as well!
    They where featured first in the minicomics and also in both the Filmation and in the 200x cartoons.
    They got a lot of use thus screen time, which also gives them another reason to be a must have in MOTUC imo.
    I do think the Sky Sled should look like the vintage one because it's the most iconic representation of the vehicle!

Here's the lineup of points:
    - Small vehicle
    - Famous vehicle
    - Great vehicle
    - Cheap to make vehicle
    - Both sides use vehicle
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    We should totally get a sky sled made, one for the heroes, then later in the line a recolored one for the villains with a different animal face, then later again, one for the Horde with Hordak's face.

They'd need minimal tooling and I'd buy 5 of each.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Battle ram, wind raider, attack track, strider, night stalker, jet sled, raod ripper, roton, point dread and the talon fighter, mantisaur, fright fighter, monstroid, spydor, sea harp, butterflyer, battle bones, bashn beetle, blaster hawk, battle ram chariot, war whale, attack squid, bubble carriage, gyro prototype, ....um am I asking for too much?

Now i am questioning the all in membership. No interest in vehicles. I will probably bite the bullet and do it anyway but would prefer no vehicles.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Vehiclesssss YES!
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Already a thread I started on sky sled... http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=183251

Hopefully it would have an opening hood just like this picture!!!

I'd love to have a Sky Sled!

A Wind Raider would be awesome too!

Howsa-bout Stridor and Night Stalker too!!??
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Oh hell yeah!!! I will buy two of everything they make in this line.

I want a MOTUC Talon Fighter so bad I can't stand it!
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

No Sky Sleds please!! I want the full Battle Ram and a Wind Raider.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    I want the full Battle Ram and a Wind Raider.
    Yeah, I would pretty much want a complete Battle Ram if Mattel goes the vehicle route. Personally, I would prefer the Talon Fighter first before the Wind Raider because, to me, it is more visually appealing and a more striking design. But seeing as small vehicles is the emphasis I could easily see Mattel start off with a MOTUC Road Ripper...
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; March 2, 2010 at 02:46pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    After we get the Wind Raider and Battle Ram I'll start thinking about what other vehicles I want, LOL. Those 2 are the big ones and I probably wouldn't want to buy many others (except maybe a bad guy "ride" or 2 to go along with them).

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Howsa-bout Stridor and Night Stalker too!!??
    Wouldn't these count as part of the "large beasts" sku? I would, even though they are mechanical, they did display some sort of AI and I know the Attack Trak had AI too. But come on they look like horses.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    In a perfect world they would make a full-size Battle Ram for the Heroic Warriors.

And then as a BONUS, they would mass-produce the Sky Sled portion only, and repaint it to be faction-specific.

My top pick would be the Wind Raider, and I'd gladly by one repainted in purple to go with the villains.

The thing that worries is the use of the word small. My initial thoughts were the sky sled or the hover boards that they used in the movie or in the 200X cartoon. After that, any vehicle would be medium and upwards eg wind raider/ land shark to large eg battle ram, dragon walker
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

I`ll believe it when I see it, do you really think most casual fans have even the foggiest clue as to who Tytus and Gy-Gor are? They are gonna gauge sales on more than BC, he was a give in to sell out in less than an hour. Lets see how the others do. If Tytus and Gy-Gor don`t do well enough we may not even see Panthor and if we do he may be one of the last big beasts due to the prevoius sales on Tytus and Gy-Gor. Remeber that this line finances itself so if things don`t perform well chances of us getting more of the same type are slim to none. Take a look at the bonus figures we aren`t getting due to poor sales by Mattel`s standards

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    I`ll believe it when I see it, do you really think most casual fans have even the foggiest clue as to who Tytus and Gy-Gor are? They are gonna gauge sales on more than BC, he was a give in to sell out in less than an hour. Lets see how the others do. If Tytus and Gy-Gor don`t do well enough we may not even see Panthor and if we do he may be one of the last big beasts due to the prevoius sales on Tytus and Gy-Gor. Remeber that this line finances itself so if things don`t perform well chances of us getting more of the same type are slim to none. Take a look at the bonus figures we aren`t getting due to poor sales by Mattel`s standards
    We are getting bonus figures, they are actually called "quarterly figures" now and we will be getting 4 of them per year.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    The thing that worries is the use of the word small. My initial thoughts were the sky sled or the hover boards that they used in the movie or in the 200X cartoon. After that, any vehicle would be medium and upwards eg wind raider/ land shark to large eg battle ram, dragon walker
    My thoughts exactly!
    The Sky Sled and the 200x/movie Hover Boards are the only SMALL vehicles I can think of. The rest are all bigger than small for sure.

Of course we have the (not so cool at all imo) small "vehicle" accessories as well...
    Jet Sled, Scub Attack, Cliff Climber, Tower Tools, Stilt Stalkers, Mega Laser
    I do not want any of those at all btw! D:

Sky Sled and Hover Board ftw!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Quote Originally Posted by ByThePowerOf... View Post
    We are getting bonus figures, they are actually called "quarterly figures" now and we will be getting 4 of them per year.
    Do you not think I know that We would have had more than 4 a year if sales went well

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    This is the one sore point I have with the classics line. The size of the figures doesn't lend itself very well to vehicles. I would have been very happy if the line started with original scale figures instead of the six inch figures we have.

The smaller figures would have lend themselves better to vehicles and probably be a bit cheaper too.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

the road ripper and sky sled would be very easy vehicles to do since they wont have any action features

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    This is the one sore point I have with the classics line. The size of the figures doesn't lend itself very well to vehicles. I would have been very happy if the line started with original scale figures instead of the six inch figures we have.

The smaller figures would have lend themselves better to vehicles and probably be a bit cheaper too.
    I agree in theory, but as far as normal (non sixth scale, etc) lines there's nothing better than a MOTUC toy. They just look so big and bad.

If they do any vehicles at all, they BETTER have the ab crunch!