Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
Thanks again to him for taking the time to answer these!
Check out his answers to your Round 32 questions!
This round of questions were selected by Darkspecter,
and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
Thanks to them for their help!
1. Eternian Poet: Are there any plans to create and sell scenic Eternian and Etherian backgrounds? (eg cardboard tri-folds that could sit behind the figure stands)
Nope, no plans for this right now.
2. Spectror: In a recent Matty update, we read that “In addition to the 12 monthly figures, we are also going to offer 2 - 4 'bonus' figures each year, usually at the end of each quarter. These figures will be A-list hero and villain updates”… Would you give us an extensive list of who you consider A-list characters (both heroes and villains)? Thank you!
What we call the “Quarterly” figures (as opposed to the “monthly” subscription figures) are actually back-up figures that we offer in case one of the subscription figures misses its scheduled release. This help guarantee there is at least one figure a month.
These back-up figures are usually variants of characters who either have a variant in the vintage lines (i.e. Battle Armor He-Man), a significantly different look in the 2002 series (i.e. King Randor, Evil Lyn, etc.) or a way to refresh a character’s armor or colors based on fan demand. There is no set rule, and things may change around a bit but this is what we are looking into. Hope that helps!
3. masterenglish & bcrduke: Would you, or have you at all considered running another fan based character creation contest (like with Fearless Photog back in the 80s) that would be made into a MOTUC figure, and/or a "Fans' Choice" poll for MOTUC like the one that was done for DCUC where fans could pick some of the characters they will get next?
This is an idea which has been kicked around internally but at the moment the answer is a “no.” However, it doesn’t mean we may not do this one day - it’s just off the table at this time.
4. ian_highful: Considering that the design of Adora's sword was so popular and the fact that it is suppose to be a clone of the sword of He, is there any chance of a larger version of her sword, without the stone, being released with Adam or a He-Man reissue?
The sword shares the same cloned magical properties as the Sword of He, meaning it can also harmonize with the Orb of Power inside Castle Grayskull. It is not an identical “twin” though, so to speak. She-Ra’s sword also needed the Stone of Protection in order to maintain its magical powers so there are key differences in the swords. They are not meant to be the exact same look, physically, and never were. So, the direct answer is “no”.
5. radrcks & Darkspecter: For future PoP figures that have skirts/pants (ex. She-Ra), will they be designed so the girls can ride their horses and cats properly? Perhaps with slits up the sides of the skirt or a removeable skirt with an extra cloth one for seated poses?
We are still tackling how this will work and will find a creative way to make sure She-Ra can ride her mount, if and, when we do a Swiftwind figure!