Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    2016? But the world ends in 2012!

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I'm a little miffed that they might start using the Powers of Grayskull logo. I mean, I want them to but they already missed some big names in it. I doubt Tytus will have it and we might see it on the 2nd KG but that means I'd probably have to re-buy those characters when/if they come out with the logo.

Thanks a lot for the compilation of questions!
    ¡Ya tengo el PODER!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    First post updated with a few She-Ra questions and a King Grayskull question.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    I'm a little miffed that they might start using the Powers of Grayskull logo. I mean, I want them to but they already missed some big names in it. I doubt Tytus will have it and we might see it on the 2nd KG but that means I'd probably have to re-buy those characters when/if they come out with the logo.

Or you could just print the logo out on sticky backed paper and stick it on to the box
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Thanks so much for gathering these together!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Good thread! All I ever do on the Matty forums is search for ToyGuru's posts.. then talk about it on a related thread here! haha.. Thanks, MGM.! Thanks for updating the main page all the time too!! It was sweet to see She-Ra in the package before making my way to the forums.!

So.. I didn't read the thread that the glow in the dark King Grayskull answer came from.. but I think that is a pretty sweet way to do a Spirit of Grayskull figure without taking away from the 2 unique ones that were made. I'd buy it.

More stuff added! Toyguru was busy this afternoon.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I just love how if an item takes a week (or heavens to Betsy, more than that) to sell out, something's amiss.

Has there ever been a line like this, where every single product, including re-issues, has sold out, usually in a matter of hours or days?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Updated the first post with a 200X He-Man question.

More "anime hyper detail" fun as Toyguru's idea of fudging 200X He-Man clashes with fan's ideas of Classicizing 200X He-man.

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    News out about Monadays sale.
    Shipping may take longer
    sorry i dont have a link its up on matty
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raining Light View Post
    News out about Monadays sale.
    Shipping may take longer
    sorry i dont have a link its up on matty
    Here's what is says

"Just a quick update on our sale Monday, March 15th. All products arrived yesterday at our warehouse so the sale will proceed as planned, with one small caveat. Under normal conditions, products ship within about 5 days of purchase or subscription renewal date. This hinges on the product getting to the warehouse in enough time for them to receive and properly process it, which is supposed to be at least two weeks before the sale date. Sometimes, circumstances beyond our control (like in this case) mean the warehouse doesn’t get the time it needs. They’re still hoping to get everything out in the 5 day window, but we need to allow for an extra day or two, just in case.

You’ll know your order has shipped when you receive the shipment confirmation email (when it’s shipped, the confirmation is triggered), so don’t worry if you don’t get your shipping confirmation right away. Product normally leaves the warehouse within 5 days and we’re allowing an extra 2 just in case. If you don’t get the confirmation after 7 business days, then please do contact customer service.

One other thing is that available quantities of most products are fairly low (beyond the subscriptions − those are all guaranteed), so we do expect a quick sellout on most items. Also, we know that with the volume of our sales you should expect to see the white “rate limiter” screen (similar to buying concert tickets). Please don’t panic − it’s there to keep the massive amounts of traffic flowing without crashing the servers. And definitely don’t hit refresh, or you’ll lose your place in the queue.

That’s it for now. Have a great weekend and we’ll see you at the sale!

—Matty"

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...me/pbPage.News

March 12, 2010
    By Matty

MattyCollector.com Fans,

Just a quick update on our sale Monday, March 15th. All products arrived yesterday at our warehouse so the sale will proceed as planned, with one small caveat. Under normal conditions, products ship within about 5 days of purchase or subscription renewal date. This hinges on the product getting to the warehouse in enough time for them to receive and properly process it, which is supposed to be at least two weeks before the sale date. Sometimes, circumstances beyond our control (like in this case) mean the warehouse doesn’t get the time it needs. They’re still hoping to get everything out in the 5 day window, but we need to allow for an extra day or two, just in case.

You’ll know your order has shipped when you receive the shipment confirmation email (when it’s shipped, the confirmation is triggered), so don’t worry if you don’t get your shipping confirmation right away. Product normally leaves the warehouse within 5 days and we’re allowing an extra 2 just in case. If you don’t get the confirmation after 7 business days, then please do contact customer service.

One other thing is that available quantities of most products are fairly low (beyond the subscriptions − those are all guaranteed), so we do expect a quick sellout on most items. Also, we know that with the volume of our sales you should expect to see the white “rate limiter” screen (similar to buying concert tickets). Please don’t panic − it’s there to keep the massive amounts of traffic flowing without crashing the servers. And definitely don’t hit refresh, or you’ll lose your place in the queue.

That’s it for now. Have a great weekend and we’ll see you at the sale!

—Matty
    Looks like they are preparing themselves for a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    since they made a whole new mold for Gygor, when they already had a decent gorilla mold from 'Grod', or whatever his name was, with the same articulation & scale.
    They made a new mold for Gy-Gor?!?!?! I Thought that WAS Grodd!
    Where was this confirmed?

Also, for a 2002 He-Man, I'm not clamoring for an anime styled ANYTHING. I do want a He-Man with the longer Grayskull loincloth (without the pouches is fine with me since I never cared for them anyway,) & the 2002 armor/harness with the standard He-Man cross like the very 1st release 2002 He-Man.
    Didn't Toyguru ask us about that a few months ago? I could have sworn he asked if we'd be cool with a 2002 He-Man that consisted of a new harness & paint deco only. Thanks to anybody who knows what I'm talking about & can find the answer.
    I want my other half.

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    "Its not that we "can't" it is that we "won't".

The "200X" style is retired. We may pay tribute to some of the unique accessories from "200X" in Classic style but we are retiring the hyper anime style for figures to move the MOTU brand forward in the "Classic" look.

Yes we get that their are fans of the anime style, but for now, their will not be any figures done in this style. Everything MOTU right now is about the Classics style. "

He obviously has no idea what anime styling is. I mean he can only mention anime so many times in regard to something completely unrelated. 200X designs do not equal "anime flair" (even if the figures were sculpted with some anime styling) also it's understood that they will turn down the "hyper detailing" as he describes it. I just don't get how it is that hard for him to understand what the fans want.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

Heroic Warrior
    Fans not knowing completely what they buy with the 2011 subscription = MAJOR SWINDLE, ONCE AGAIN !

No pre-orders for MOTUC figures (and EVEN for the horde trooper) = MORE STUPID SCARCITY MARKETING BS AND MORE TROUBLE FOR FANS TO ORDER ON MATTY ! And so, MORE ANGRY FANS and, potentially, MORE people dropping the line ! Matty is DEFINITELY NOT the best way to be sure to get your MOTUC figures, and this trend will keep going...

Possible added delay for this month's shipping + technical precautions on the forum = NEW MADNESS TO GET THE FIGURES THIS MONTH !

She-Ra already in production = WELCOME "BRAINLESS BLONDE" SHE-RA WITH HOLE IN THE HEAD !

Bow made antime before 2016... thanks for the "precision", Toyguru ! We would have guessed this on our own. What about the first Snakeman, and the first Galactic Guardian ?

New wrist articulation for Bow = new QC issues !?

"Retired anime style" = only for what Mattel wants. Like, for instance, we can have the 200x sword of power, but no 200x double-bladed sword for Keldor !

"It's not that we "can't", it is that we "won't"" = DEFINITE PROOF OF MATTEL'S "BAD WILL", AND MORE DISDAIN FOR THE FANS!
    Last edited by Spectror; March 12, 2010 at 06:42pm.

I can understand 2002 fans wanting their versions of Evil-Lyn, Prince Adam, and King Randor, but since He-Man's 2002 sword and armor have already been released for the MOTUC line, do you really want a new release just so he can come with a medieval fanny pack? I've even heard 2002 fans say they thought his pouch was lame. Is there really that much demand for it or is it just that you want respect for the 2002/MYP line from ToyGuru & Mattel?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    About TG's 200X "anime" comments, I posted this on Matty:

Toyguru, nobody is asking for "Pokemon" MOTU figures. We're asking for the occasional weapon here or there and extra head (like we HAVE been getting except for Keldor's swords...which everyone wants) and bonus or quarterly figures for the ones who look completely different in 200X/MYP (like Evil-Lyn).

People like the DESIGNS of the characters, not necessarily the "style."

My perfect example goes to the Earl Norem cover of one of the 200X comics by MVC. Earl Norem did all the posters for MOTU in the 80's magazines, covers of most of the Golden Books (including some PoP ones). This is NOT an anime style. You don't get any more classic than Earl Norem:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I can understand 2002 fans wanting their versions of Evil-Lyn, Prince Adam, and King Randor, but since He-Man's 2002 sword and armor have already been released for the MOTUC line, do you really want a new release just so he can come with a medieval fanny pack? I've even heard 2002 fans say they thought his pouch was lame. Is there really that much demand for it or is it just that you want respect for the 2002/MYP line from ToyGuru & Mattel?
    I bet there's more demand for a 2002-element He-Man then there is for some of the lesser known characters from MOTU/POP/NA that are, at least, on the table for the line. There's no character I can think of that I *don't* want and that includes a fully-realized 200x-themed He-Man.

I think the Classics fit the look of the MYP cartoon more than the old toys did, so that's a big part of why I'd love to see those designs (even He-Man) get made.

I just have a problem with the constant contradiction. First we are told we may eventually gte a 200x Evil-Lyn now it seems like we wont get any 200X figures. What does that mean for both version of Adam we were supposed to eventually get?
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post
    I bet there's more demand for a 2002-element He-Man then there is for some of the lesser known characters from MOTU/POP/NA that are, at least, on the table for the line. There's no character I can think of that I *don't* want and that includes a fully-realized 200x-themed He-Man.

I think the Classics fit the look of the MYP cartoon more than the old toys did, so that's a big part of why I'd love to see those designs (even He-Man) get made.
    The only thing that the MOTUC He-Man doesn't have is the pouch and maybe some color differences. I just don't see a big difference between the 2 that I do in other vintage VS 2002 debates.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    The only thing that the MOTUC He-Man doesn't have is the pouch and maybe some color differences. I just don't see a big difference between the 2 that I do in other vintage VS 2002 debates.
    Don't forget the harness! King Grayskull got a 200X/MYP harness. They could release it sans cape for He-Man. His loincloth wouldn't switch out properly though...and his axe and shield are different too. Hmmm.

They probably should just release him. They have most of the parts and a lot of people would buy him. *shrugs* I would.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I would want a new loincloth, a new harness (cross is fine), new forearms, & the 200x ax & shield (Classicized, circuitry detail removed, etc). Ideally, I'd want a new head with different hair (face is fine), but I'm not gonna be a stickler on that one piece. The gear is of primary importance. Basically, this overall theme applied to the classic body:

Battle Armor He-Man is one of my faves, and he required far less new pieces than an MYP one needs.
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    http://www.earlnorem.com/MOTU%20Gallery/01_EN_CVRW.jpg
    ...okay, that's the best version of the 2002 power sword I've seen. There are things I like and things I dislike about the MYP cartoon (which is what I think of when people talk about "200X"), but that damn sword is right down there at the bottom of the list with the Snakemen. That actually looks like it could be used as a sword rather than a club.

So far, the only new part 200X He-Man might come with is his armor.

The pouch and the longer hair is something else that can help save 200X He-Man from being a cheap repaint. Part of the problem with the bonus figures is that they are seen as being cheap--like Mattel phoning figures in. Unlike any future bonus figures, we KNOW where this figure stands and how exactly he'd be made, so there is plenty of time for the fans to let Toyguru know that the version he's planning is lackluster.

Which is my point. There isn't alot of differences, but the main differences between the two looks aren't being exploited. You'd think that Mattel would want to spice up a He-Man repaint to at least present the illusion of being as different as possible, while still being a He-Man variant.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; March 13, 2010 at 09:03pm.