Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Eldor Prototype Found. PROOF CARD

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    It seens Eldor proof card was sold !

How many Eldor proof cards are known to exist ? One or two ?

The one that was on e-bay and mine.

I don't know if there are anymore than that.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post

Thanks for reply and congratulations to keep part of MOTU history !

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    Thanks for reply and congratulations to keep part of MOTU history !

No problem. I felt compelled to respond.

as I feel compelled to say........actually it's.....partS of MOTU history.... because I have a total of 4 card proofs. The other 3 are blade, gwildor & rio blast.

That's crazy, man !

Wondeful card proof collection !
    I hope someday you get He-Ro's card proof too...and show us in hi-scans

On my side I know 4 on total (your one, the one just sold on the Bay and two others in European collections).

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Any idea where the actual prototype ended up?

According to Jordan there are six:

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywoodheroes View Post
    A total of six Eldor cards have turned up. This was over an extended period of time, and from THREE different sources.

I remember a fan here (maybe Val) saying that some parts of He-Ro prototype action figure is still in former Mattel employee hands...is it correct ?

Does anyone has current pictures of this prototype ?

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    Any idea where the actual prototype ended up?
    There are at least two test shots that were made, and they are still around in private collections. As far as the one that was painted and photograph, that one is most likely long gone.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg:3324213
    I remember a fan here (maybe Val) saying that some parts of He-Ro prototype action figure is still in former Mattel employee hands...is it correct ?

Does anyone has current pictures of this prototype ?
    Something like that, i started the thread asking about the whereabouts of this he-ro figure prototype. Val I think locked it years ago ( before motuc I think) saying that parts of that prototype are in someone's collection, and that someone prefers to stay anonymous.

Pic from the catalogue, Source, grayskullmuseum:

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/conception/Hero.htm
    Last edited by Arkangel; August 29, 2013 at 05:27pm.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    and that someone prefers to stay anonymous.
    I will never understand this, if I had something like that, I would at least want fans to see it.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    I will never understand this, if I had something like that, I would at least want fans to see it.
    while staying anonymous right? I think this happened with a vintage he-man clay prototype

who is this clan leader?

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/conce...hemanproto.htm

Clan leader??? Weird name. -.-'

while staying anonymous right? I think this happened with a vintage he-man clay prototype

who is this clan leader?

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/conce...hemanproto.jpg
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Does anyone know how far along the holograms got for Eldor?
    Looking at the back artwork of Eldor's Book Of Living Spells, it looks like they had the designs down. Just wondering if they made it past that very early stage.

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    Does anyone know how far along the holograms got for Eldor?
    Looking at the back artwork of Eldor's Book Of Living Spells, it looks like they had the designs down. Just wondering if they made it past that very early stage.
    im sure they had to be made or some proto of it.. toys companies plan these things months to even a yr in advance.
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

who is this clan leader?

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/conce...hemanproto.jpg
    He is a german collector, which prefers not to share any pictures of his collection. Maybe you remember the time on ebay, where he bought off nearly every horde trooper loose...
    If I remember right it must be between 2005 and 2008.
    FIGURE twists for a power punch!

Perfect Deals: FTL@neo-geo.com, Sathomaso, Sl@yer, French Kiki, King Ironic, SimonF, TIRPITZ, Ess7477,

any other word on the He-ro card? its been another 3 months

uh, there's nothing there. I don't see an image :/

any word on the HE-RO cardback? its been another 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    any word on the HE-RO cardback? its been another 3 months
    I haven't had any news from Hollywood Heroes in a very long time about this matter and about the Gwildor Powers of Grauyskull Card...
    Eternian Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    I haven't had any news from Hollywood Heroes in a very long time about this matter and about the Gwildor Powers of Grauyskull Card...
    There was Gwildor Powers of Grauyskull proof Card!!!!!?????
    Is there any other of released characters which was planned also to be released on POG card?

I know about POG minicomic "The Legend Begins" packed with Gwildor, Blade and Saurod, but had no idea that some of them was planned to be a part of POG line!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantisaur82 View Post
    There was Gwildor Powers of Grauyskull Card!!!!!?????
    Is there any other of released characters which was planned also to be released on POG card?

I know about POG minicomic "The Legend Begins" packed with Gwildor, Blade and Saurod, but had no idea that some of them was planned to be a part of POG line!
    According to Jordan (Hollywood Heroes) that's correct my friend: there was a Gwildor Powers of Grayskull Card and the aforementioned He-ro card. I have never seen any pictures of them but I believed what he said to me...
    Eternian Collector

i know that gwildor had some part in the pog story because of the cosmic key, so i guess a cardback sounds legit to me.. that would be cool to see too.
    but damn.. i wanna see he-ro's card

Heroic Warrior
    Just like the Bruce Lee footage collectors who many times don't even have footage , just tall tales and no evidence........at least I can proof that I've got a BL sgd letter or Jaws novel sgd by all 3. Then there's that Bond collector who uses other pix as his own , he prolly doesn't even own that collection himself (prolly his father/friend/relative is the truthful owner)

Honestly I feel insulted and angered by people like this

(Japanese collector owns behind scenes Enter Dragon but the value of that footage has gone down as you can find it for free by looking around on various forums.......he should've sold it to a co. and then they touch it up for sale)
    Last edited by Wonder Bread He-Man; March 12, 2014 at 09:33am.
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Has anybody seen the wax sculpt of Eldor head without the hood on? I snapped a pic of it at Power Con 2013 and uploaded a pic to Facebook on the 4HM timeline recently.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

It does seam like we have seen Eldor at every stage of production now mini concept art while He-Ro all we have is concept art. Coincident? or Are some collectors holding back on sharing their Precious with the rest of us? IMO the best part of PRE-k-1st grade was show and tell. I always had a new MOTU item each week! I use to LOVE to tease "you'll never guess what I found" Mondays-thursday and then when Friday rolled abound I was all like

"BAM HOW COOL IS THIS THING!?!?!?!?"

That's why I LOVE me some Pixel Dan reviews and threads like this. They always feel like Friday share and tell to me!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    i know that Gwildor had some part in the pog story because of the cosmic key, so i guess a cardback sounds legit to me
    Do you mean that The Cosmic Key was mentioned in the POG:The Legend Begins mini comic, or do you mean that the POG card back answered the question as to why some copies of the mini comic The Cosmic Key had this strange back cover?

Both would indicate that Gwildor has ties to The Powers of Grayskull. (IMO he is one of The Elders/Ancients) That is assuming that ONLY POG themed characters where planned to be carry forward with POG styled cardbacks. In that case I imagine The Snakemen where also to get POG cardbacks? Perhaps ALL the figures to be carried forward would have had POG styled cardbacks? It would be strange to see Blade, Blast Attak and Ninjor with POG styled cardbacks in this case...(Then I might be wrong about Gwildor being an Ancient/Elder...)

What about the Errol McCarthy card back art characters the Power and Honor Foundation showed off at Power Con 2012? I haven't seen them. Do they have any POG or MOTU branding to indicate what era they belong to? I know that they will share that stuff when they are able to if/when ever that may be I just hope Friday show and tell comes soon because the anticipation is a killer...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Clan leader??? Weird name. -.-'
    Why is it a weid name? It's just the screen name of someone who saved the pic to thier HD and re-uploaded it to the internet. I have it without the water mark. Jordan also sold this IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelessone View Post
    He is a german collector, which prefers not to share any pictures of his collection. Maybe you remember the time on ebay, where he bought off nearly every horde trooper loose...
    If I remember right it must be between 2005 and 2008.
    I thought it was Pete Larose? Or was that the first wax sculpt?

Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    Well after the verification feasco I would imagine they wanted to make sure exactly how many of something exist before selling it? ALso they have a TV show so...Or they just sold what they had to another collector already perhaps the mystery German man? Perhaps if a few of us ask nicely they might let us know if they have sold it or not already? Then at least we will know if a collector has it or not...

- - - Updated - - -

Something like that, i started the thread asking about the whereabouts of this he-ro figure prototype. Val I think locked it years ago ( before motuc I think) saying that parts of that prototype are in someone's collection, and that someone prefers to stay anonymous.
    Are you sure you are correctly recalling that? It sounds similar to a Martin Ariaola (spelling?) who made a comment at SDCC that to something like
    "i might have an arm or leg in lost in my garage?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torak View Post
    There are at least two test shots that were made, and they are still around in private collections.
    Do We know who's?

- - - Updated - - -

No problem. I felt compelled to respond.

as I feel compelled to say........actually it's.....partS of MOTU history.... because I have a total of 4 card proofs. The other 3 are blade, gwildor & rio blast.
    Very cool. I take it that is a MOTU Gwildor proofs and and not a POG Gwildor proof?

Are the proofs to the size of the cardback or are they bigger?
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; March 12, 2014 at 01:06pm.
    "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).