Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Eldor Prototype Found. PROOF CARD

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Damn I hope Eldor is released in MOTUC sooner than later!!!
    You and me both! PLEASE be the SDCC exclusive!

Sallah

POP and Customs Mod heftysmurf76's Avatar
    This is so great! I know others have expressed it already, but again, THANKS HOLLYWOOD HEROES for sharing this with the fans!

Heroic Warrior
    I want Eldor to be realeaeed but not as an exclusive. He'd go great with He-Ro.

Heroic Warrior Eternia LoreMaster's Avatar
    WOW!!!!! Simply fantastic!!! Now if we could only get the orign of Wonder Bread / Savage He-Man all would be right with the world of MOTU.

Wow - that's amazing.

what a find thats like the motu hoffa

Holy...!!! I can't believe this exists! What an incredible find. I love the design and colors on the front of the card. I hope Mattel will incorporate this into MOTUC. It's a shame POG figures never got a release.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Wow! That is absolutely AWESOME! Find of the day? Find of the decade! No, century!
    – No comment.

WOW!!! i think says it all like others have said.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    So, could this be a coincidence, concerning a certain SDCC Exclusive that's gonna be revealed next month according to Toyguru? Hm...
    yup i had this conspiracy theory rolling around in my brain as well

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    So, it was made to blend in with the card design? I guess the minicomics would have been inserted backwards and the "Comic Book Design" copy would come top left of the figure.

Interesting...
    yup it seems to be the case. the NA comics did this as well so it looks like they kept that idea for NA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post

Sallah
    i would LOVE for eldor to be the SDCC exclusive but i do not think it will be. it'd make sense. i would LOVE for eldor to be released on THIS cardback!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Wow, this is the best MOTU find in years. More close up pics, please.

A big fan of Slush Head
    This is absolutely amazing. What a find!!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I can't believe after all these years something like this suddenly emerges! That's really incredible. I love the graphics on the front. The skull looks great and it's really an amazing change from the past MOTU packaging. Getting a bio for Eldor! So cool. Also great to see what his book was supposed to mean to the mythos. I do kind of wonder how such a character could work in a narrative though! He's so powerful!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I can't believe after all these years something like this suddenly emerges! That's really incredible. I love the graphics on the front. The skull looks great and it's really an amazing change from the past MOTU packaging. Getting a bio for Eldor! So cool. Also great to see what his book was supposed to mean to the mythos. I do kind of wonder how such a character could work in a narrative though! He's so powerful!
    This is very cool... and I really want to think this is a long lost gem, and it very possibly is... but... i just can't help but wonder why it looks BRAND NEW. You'd think even in great conditions this would have aged or yellowed. Especially given how it was found I just feel like its odd that it looks SO new.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    This is very cool... and I really want to think this is a long lost gem, and it very possibly is... but... i just can't help but wonder why it looks BRAND NEW. You'd think even in great conditions this would have aged or yellowed. Especially given how it was found I just feel like its odd that it looks SO new.
    Sounds like it was a portfolio piece. I have a ton of stuff in storage from past projects that probably looks brand new. Granted I usually bin a lot of my older stuff after a time... but some people are big filers and keepers.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Sounds like it was a portfolio piece. I have a ton of stuff in storage from past projects that probably looks brand new. Granted I usually bin a lot of my older stuff after a time... but some people are big filers and keepers.
    I supose. Wouldn't it still yellow though after 25 years?

Not if it was kept in a steady temperature and not exposed to much light, a lot of factors can infuence it. At the same time it could be a newer printout (say in the last 15 years or so), but it does not change the legitimacy since all those graphics were created on the computer even in 1987

Paper is kind of like fruits and vegetables, the longer its exposed the worse it gets but with proper storage it can last an amazing amount of time

There are comics almost twice as old that I have seen in pristine condition

It would depend if the print was on acid free paper or just how much acid was in the paper used (cardstock would have a different level then say regular paper, etc)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post

Sallah
    Dito! I so hope that Eldor is the SDCC exclusive. It would follow the trend starting with Grayskull's bio, which mentioned He-Ro. Then He-Ro's mentions Eldor. Plus I still want Eldor's real name to be Sebrien.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Not if it was kept in a steady temperature and not exposed to much light, a lot of factors can infuence it. At the same time it could be a newer printout (say in the last 15 years or so), but it does not change the legitimacy since all those graphics were created on the computer even in 1987

Paper is kind of like fruits and vegetables, the longer its exposed the worse it gets but with proper storage it can last an amazing amount of time

There are comics almost twice as old that I have seen in pristine condition

It would depend if the print was on acid free paper or just how much acid was in the paper used (cardstock would have a different level then say regular paper, etc)
    Interesting. I wonder if this guy will find anything else... perhaps, stuff that will make SW, mara, and others doable :-)

could happen, but also it depends on how its stored. i have old mattel promo artwork from the POG line and looks good as new.
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Evil master of... stuff. He-Lurker's Avatar
    Wow, what an amazing find!!! I think it's amazing how new stuff can still surface 20+ years later. Hopefully we'll see He-Ro's soon!!!

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    What an amazing find!!!

I hope we get a figure of Eldor AND a figure of Gray in the MOTUC line!!!!!

Now all we need is for someone to find something that will allow Mattel to make Shadow Weaver, that'd be the MOTU Holy Grail!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

This new find also goes to show... the packaging for MOTUC really kind of sucks. Look how amazing the POG cards (were going to) look, and then look at a MOTUC card... the REAL classics blow the new ones out of the water. I wish Mattel had gone with a more striking and eye-pleasing design for the MOTUC line!

Holy Smokes!!!!

That is a great find! You are one lucky dude.

Can't wait for the inevidible MOTUC figure of Eldor.

Finally I've found that I belong here.

Interesting. I wonder if this guy will find anything else... perhaps, stuff that will make SW, mara, and others doable :-)

Well, either way, good for us.

I am pretty sure if a Mattel version of Shadow Weaver existed we would know by now from at least the people who worked on her.

This is the first time we are seeing the Eldor card art but its not like we never knew Eldor was around (he was featured in the catalog)

Though with NA stuff there could be a greater possibility since even the people running the brand now where unaware that Darius was possible. And outside of about 2-3 orgers here they would still not know
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback