Thread: Tappping out on MOTUC

Tappping out on MOTUC

The very tiny money tree I had has fallen. I been out of work for a month now. So I passed on Marzo, Eternia club, Orko/adam, and soon Whiplash and Traps. I just started to get into the line in April. These figures are great Two-Bad.. I cant afford them. Hopefully I can get back into the line when my finances clear up. I'll be handing over my cold hard cash to the scalpers to catch up.

Heroic Warrior
    That's really sad, seth-man...

I wish you'll get a new job pretty soon (or win the lottery), and plenty of money to be able to buy your beloved figures.

Best of luck.

Same thing happened to me last summer. Lost my job and I had to sell my whole GI Joe 25th collection. Now, I just concentrate on MOTUC. I feel your pain.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Well I wont begrudge you if you go on the dole and use it to continue your collection. Id rather that than tax money go to chavs lol.

I can relate a little. I didn't get the 2011 sub because of the all inclusive.

It is just a little too expensive. I can only really afford one figure a month.

Now I guess I'll be able to save even that $30 since I won't be able to purchase most of the figures on Mattycollector.com.
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I totally feel your pain! I lost my job in April and I've been hangin on by a thread to keep this collection going. I'm starting to sell off some things to help offset the cost and I'll go without some non-essentials to have these figures. I don't want to look back in a couple of years and wish that I'd stuck it out but I totally understand your situation. We lost 67% of our household income! That's a nasty day right there with no end in sight. And there's so few jobs out there. I've applied to 15+ jobs since April with not one interview! I can't figure it out. I lost my job as a professional because of the economy but can't even find one wrapping big macs for the same reason. Unemployment must be 17% in reality here. It just sucks. Hope it turns around for us.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    I totally feel your pain! I lost my job in April and I've been hangin on by a thread to keep this collection going. I'm starting to sell off some things to help offset the cost and I'll go without some non-essentials to have these figures. I don't want to look back in a couple of years and wish that I'd stuck it out but I totally understand your situation. We lost 67% of our household income! That's a nasty day right there with no end in sight. And there's so few jobs out there. I've applied to 15+ jobs since April with not one interview! I can't figure it out. I lost my job as a professional because of the economy but can't even find one wrapping big macs for the same reason. Unemployment must be 17% in reality here. It just sucks. Hope it turns around for us.
    It pains me to read this. By the grace of Whomever or Whatever, I was able to land my job last January. My life has been twenty times more comforting because of it, too. Lesson learned: I am much more frugal with my money. Luckily, I have zero interest in NA, 200x, and especially POP.

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Luckily, I have zero interest in NA, 200x, and especially POP.
    same here ...

i was actualy un-employed when motuc first hit the scene, so i didn't think i'd be able to collect the line - luckily, i have been working for over a year now ...

Quote Originally Posted by seth-man View Post
    Hopefully I can get back into the line when my finances clear up. I'll be handing over my cold hard cash to the scalpers to catch up.
    this is sad - and i wish you all the best of luck friend ...
    Last edited by tmc1984; August 15, 2010 at 03:48pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Hopefully you get back on your feet sooner rather than later....

And who knows? This line is still selling like hot-cakes, so maybe it will be sent to retail before too long (whether this is a good thing or bad remains to be seen...) and you can catch up without having to trade a kidney to someone on eBay.

Plus, this gives you plenty of time to cherry-pick your absolute favorites at first, and all the rest later on down the road.

Only the best of luck to you!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seth-man View Post
    The very tiny money tree I had has fallen. I been out of work for a month now. So I passed on Marzo, Eternia club, Orko/adam, and soon Whiplash and Traps. I just started to get into the line in April. These figures are great Two-Bad.. I cant afford them. Hopefully I can get back into the line when my finances clear up. I'll be handing over my cold hard cash to the scalpers to catch up.
    Best of luck to you in the future.. Just goes to show that everyone who still has a job should really do everything they can to keep it. It's a tough economy and it isn't easy to find work. Best of luck to everyone who is having tough times due to the economy!!

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    Just goes to show that everyone who still has a job should really do everything they can to keep it. It's a tough economy and it isn't easy to find work.
    This right here.

Widget
    I feel your pain seth-man,Im currently having finacial problems as well and havent ordered a figure since April,just keep your head up and be positive bro it will get better.