Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Ra in package is up on Matty's facebook

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    lol, well i guess mattel are thinking if they give she-ra super strength aswell it might take it something away from he-man (why have he-man when you can just have she-ra). I never liked that she-ra had more powers than he-man.

I say leave the super strength for He-Man
    I'm sure she has super strength still. TG said they just took the line from the old StyleGuide. He-Man is still needed. There were a lot of moments in the cartoon where their COMBINED strength was needed.

Plus, neither can be in the same place at the same time. It's like the Justice League and they take care of different parts of the world (different planets, but when they're on the same world).

Plus they could do shift-work.

Brother, I'm tired. Could you knock down that wall for me?
    Sure thing sis!

Even if She-Ra's as weak as a kitten, that would be all she needs He-Man for. She has all those other powers, intelligence and defeated the Horde on Etheria with her friends and allies. Plus, if she's dying, she could just heal herself back up.

Stella_Steve...that looks like He-Man in a two-piece!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    The figure is still not that good imo.
    The bio... hell, Hordak in Eternia again... Randor dies.. Renegade Masters.... WTH!?!
    Without Randor hardly says "Randor Dies". Couldnt he just be imprisoned exactally like Queen Angela? I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Without Randor hardly says "Randor Dies". Couldnt he just be imprisoned exactally like Queen Angela? I think so.
    Yep. I think he's imprisoned or thrown into Despondos. He COULD have turned to "the dark side" and joined his evil brother...or become a Snakeman...or just said "Screw this, I'm going on vacation! We're ALWAYS being invaded by something."
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Wasn't Hordak supposed to be trapped in Despondos in stead of Etheria? :s

I like the bio, but there isn't really a lot of info on the character itself. Where did her sword come from, who gave it to her etc.
    Always amazed the things the fans on here don't know that I belived was common knowledge.

Planet Etheria is in the dimension of Despondos in this continuity.

Randor didn't die, he was overthrown and was no longer king.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Renegade Masters ??? What's that all about. Betrayal by one of their own ?? It kind of reminds of the plot the MOTU movie. Gwildor anyone ???

BTW I like She-Ra in the package with the mask. It gives her a classic look like in the original line.

Exactally. MOVIE plot points. Cause they can make some of the movie characters, it'd be nice to work some small part of that in. Why not?

Oh god my eyes at that picture of the bodybuilder

Someone should photoshop that to look like She-Ra
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Randor probably not only got injured and/or sent away, but was given a memory wipe or got amnesia as well. thats usually stereo-typical fantasy writing when the king vanishes without a trace OR maybe we'll see a a plot twist... where, after he-man goes in to the future to fight skelly there, hordak convinces randor that he got his son adam killed somehow and randor strickened with a false grief, then sentanced himself to exile.... since ya know... adam is he-man, and would be mia from eternia at this time. very well could be randor is missing being a self inflicted measure
    Last edited by jackstatic; March 10, 2010 at 02:12pm.
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

Want:
    SDCC Filmation Hordak w/ Imp and Treasure Chest Imp

Have:
    Goat Man, Loo-kee, and Kowl

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeally wish they had packaged her with the other head.
    I'm so tired of mint on card people. You dont like the head in the package? you know the other one is in there. If you dont want to switch it fine, but geebus, it's your choice. Besides the fact that you may as well collect the "figures" on a poster print out because unopened that's all they are. At any rate, if it's MOC you like, then that's what you are getting. If it's your own hang ups that prevent you from putting the figure the way you want it, that's not Mattel's fault.

Sorry, I have little patience for (at least) purely mint on card collectors. I've seen boxes of awesome old toys where all you ever see is the box art. You never even see the toy, so it may as well just be a poster of the box art.

As this is the MOTUC series, of course they are using the Classic head. I'm just glad we got a ..."style guide" head.

Story wise, I like the bio, I agree it's "What happened after" the filmation story, ect. And a setup for a bit of the movie plot.

Well, once the Great Rebellion had won the battle on Etheria, She-Ra was meant to return to Eternia. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was directly from the Filmation cartoon; specifically, the movie. I don't see why it should be surprising that She-Ra would return to her homeworld. Nor should it be amazing that the Great Rebellion had won. Obviously, He-Man makes his way through Despondos to Etheria. How else could he give Adora her sword?!?! So, the barrier between the dimension that Eternia resides in and that of Despondos must not be as impenetrable as previously thought...or at the very least have "secret passages" that Hordak obviously doesn't know about. With that said, I don't think it means that not all of the POP characters will be made. I'm certain, that it's not that easy to get back and forth between dimensions, but, perhaps, once the "seal is broken", accessibility to Despondos isn't as difficult as before. Only time will tell, I suppose. We don't know the whole story here. I am kind of interested to see where this might lead, but as far as I'm concerned, as long as it doesn't infringe upon the Filmation lore (which it really isn't), what happens after the Horde are defeated on Etheria is fair game. I can only imagine the scale of battle on Eternia after the Horde return. She-Ra and company would be able to not only lend support but know the "ins and outs" of how the Horde do battle and whether to expect someone like Mantenna to use stun beams or gravity distorting beams in certain situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I don't understand all of the anger about the fact that She-Ra's bio makes it seem like She-Ra isn't as strong as He-Man. First of all, this entire franchise spawned from He-Man, so I feel he should be the most powerful one(sort of like Superman and DC Comics). Also, in real life, men are generally stronger than women. That doesn't make them better or superior, but just the way the bodies of the 2 sexes are. How boring would it be if both of the twins had the exact same powers & strength level?
    I agree with these statements 100%.
    The gender part doesn't matter really b/c it's fantasy, so one could make someone as strong as they want. But if you're going to merge the franchises together, everyone will be second-fiddle to He-Man.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Wow, I'm so late to the party for this one.

I can't say I 100% like the bio unconditionally, but there are a lot of really interesting directions the story is pointing to... thankyouthankyouthankyou TG for referencing her Filmation abilities.

I was a little surprised to see uh... She-Ra herself as the cross sell on the back of her own package. Makes me wish Catra was coming soon for that spot.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    The gender part doesn't matter really b/c it's fantasy, so one could make someone as strong as they want. But if you're going to merge the franchises together, everyone will be second-fiddle to He-Man.

Ah but ya have to remember to some POP fans, She-Ra was as big of a deal as He-man and they were equal in every way.

This is of course not the case but heaven forbid people look at the sale figures or even try to be a little more realistic.

Until she carves her own identity, she will alway be second fiddle to He-man for all the obvious reasons.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Oh god my eyes at that picture of the bodybuilder

Someone should photoshop that to look like She-Ra
    Photobucket

your wish is my command. best i could do at work lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stella_Steve View Post

your wish is my command. best i could do at work lol

Aaarh!!!! Make it go away!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Hey you wanted a more action packed man like She-Ra
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by LostIt2Bostik View Post
    Well, once the Great Rebellion had won the battle on Etheria, She-Ra was meant to return to Eternia. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was directly from the Filmation cartoon; specifically, the movie.
    Yep. She told her daddy she couldn't return until Etheria was free because she couldn't abandon her people. He understood, was saddened but VERY proud.

Well...He-Man is playing second fiddle to King Grayskull, He-Ro, Wun-Dar and all the other "He-Men"...

Ah but ya have to remember to some POP fans, She-Ra was as big of a deal as He-man and they were equal in every way.

This is of course not the case but heaven forbid people look at the sale figures or even try to be a little more realistic.

Until she carves her own identity, she will alway be second fiddle to He-man for all the obvious reasons.
    They were equal in every way. *cough twins cough*

And please Eamon...for the love of the Sorceress...STOP bringing up the SALES figures into the argument! There are a LOT of factors to look at.

If you JUST want to look at sales figures, never forget:

1st year of PoP toys OUTSOLD 1st year of MOTU toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Well...He-Man is playing second fiddle to King Grayskull, He-Ro, Wun-Dar and all the other "He-Men"...

Only if He-Man goes back in time to the days of Preternia because them boys be dead.

They were equal in every way. *cough twins cough*
    That's going to be a big surprise for whoever "sleeps" with either one of them.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Co-Creator of the NV

1st year of PoP toys OUTSOLD 1st year of MOTU toys.
    Can someone explain to my why this statistic means anything?

In the first year of MOTU it was an utter unknown. It had not existed before, was a totally brand new product and didn't even have the cartoon to advertise it yet.

PoP on the other hand was benefiting tremendously by its association with the most successful action figure line of its era, a line that had had tremendous success, a well-liked cartoon, comics and various other tie-ins. How could PoP have managed to do anything but better than MOTU?

Edit: Also, can someone explain to my why they were equal at all? My understanding was that She-Ra had all of He-Man's attributes as well as a boatload of other powers (healing, animal talking, shapechanging sword, etc). How is that equal? It seems pretty clear to me that She-Ra as portrayed in the Filmation era was clearly He-Man's better.

Depends on who it is, Bow may not mind a surprise

And in regards to sales can we please not turn this into a POP vs MOTU which one is better thread?

The forums are littered with that garbage

Fact is they are all the same line now, what happened twenty years ago has absolutely no bearing on anything now.
    Last edited by markatisu; March 10, 2010 at 03:25pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    Can someone explain to my why this statistic means anything?

In the first year of MOTU it was an utter unknown. It had not existed before, was a totally brand new product and didn't even have the cartoon to advertise it yet.

PoP on the other hand was benefiting tremendously by its association with the most successful action figure line of its era, a line that had had tremendous success, a well-liked cartoon, comics and various other tie-ins. How could PoP have managed to do anything but better than MOTU?
    Well...the packaging is pink, was only in the girls toy aisle and the only mention of He-Man is in the first mini-comic...which you can't see unless you buy a figure and open the packaging.

So, even with the extra advertising, they weren't very accessible to as many people as MOTU was: boys toy aisle with all the other action figures.

And in regards to sales can we please not turn this into a POP vs MOTU which one is better thread?
    I agree. There should be one specific thread for that!

I said twins, not IDENTICAL twins. So, I guess ALMOST every way. Better?
    Last edited by Darkspecter; March 10, 2010 at 03:33pm.

I think Eamon says it perfectly for a number of POP fans! She-Ra has never played second fiddle to He-Man, Filmation and other media's out there like the UK comics spent a lot of time developing and focusing on She-Ra's equality her brother. She should in no way play second fiddle to He-Man, (IMO) they should be co-leaders, she is his power equal and has worked just fine as that since the 80's. She-Ra's experience with the horde would put her at a massive advantage over He-Man in any future dealings with Hordak and the horde. People many not agree with the 80's cannon's for She-Ra, but that dosent change the face that these cannons still exist and therein She-Ra is equal to He-Man.

Also why does having incredable super strength mean she has to look like a female body builder? She-Ra is pure silk and steel, if the two can exist in Wonder Woman why not She-Ra? This was one of the most important elements of her character (IMO), the underlying message that you didn't have to be big to be physically powerful! What a fantastic message for little girls everywhere! And kids who were bullied at school ect It's a genderless message in my oppinion and one the 4H are on record as trying to convey by making 2k He-Man smaller than many of the evil worrior in the 200x toy line!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    Edit: Also, can someone explain to my why they were equal at all? My understanding was that She-Ra had all of He-Man's attributes as well as a boatload of other powers (healing, animal talking, shapechanging sword, etc). How is that equal? It seems pretty clear to me that She-Ra as portrayed in the Filmation era was clearly He-Man's better.
    Personally I never really looked at She-Ra as He-Man's superiour, always his equal. Yes she had He-Man's super strength, but usually relied on her other abilities, much like He-man has show the use of magical abilities with his sword by shooting magical bolts and opening dimensional gatesin the cartoon: and (agruably) telepathic/ psychic ability when communicating with the Sorceress on eternia and She-Ra across half the universe. She-Ra did have more powers but her task was that much greater than He-Man's task!

He-Man had to maintain the peace and beat the bad guys back when they fancied their chances at stealing the power of grayskull or taking over eternos. She-Ra has to liberate an entire plannet for the grip of an interglatic empire and a ruthless dictator! She needed those increased powers to free Etheria from the horde, so maybe thats why she was given those extra abilities, but surely when you take into consideration all the different armour suits and weapons He-Man was granted by the power of grayskull during the 80's toyline and the MYP cartoon don't you think this somewhat balances out She-Ra's extra abilities? The only thing she really has over He-Man is the ability to change her swords form at will (where as the power of grayskull does that for He-Man when the need arises and he changes into his battle armour or flying fists suit) and her healing abilities. But in terms of the Filmation cannon I guess you are right darth, she was shown to be his superiour.
    Last edited by Angel-T; March 10, 2010 at 03:58pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

The forums are littered with that garbage
    This.

Let's get this back to discussion of packaged She-Ra pics,
    and away from the same circular sales arguments we've seen a dozen times before.

Thanks!
    Bill :: guitargod694

Wasn't Randor supposed to be sent to Despondos when the Horde took over? (Season 3 that never happened)
    Anyway, I like it for what it is. In my own canon I disregard "Etheria" anyway, to me it's all on Eternia, but it's a decent bio nonetheless.
    Yes he was, and if im not mistaken it was imprisoned in Despondos by Skelletor.

This is one of the best bios yet, love how their going down the MYP season 3 route.
    Now if only we could get comics or novels if this.

As for the figure, looking good but wish she had the other head on.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I don't think he plays second-fiddle to them at all. Those characters establish a history, but they aren't the franchise. He-Man is the franchise.