Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Ra in package is up on Matty's facebook

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    But I'm calling this now...I can see POP fans thinking how the identity of their era will be lost, just like NA had the whole future controversy a month ago.
    And just like I said last month that NA fans overreacted I would say the same to POP fans.

If anything this pumps up POP quite a bit since they are still retaining She-Ra and the rebels as essential to the story of Hordak
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Wasn't Randor supposed to be sent to Despondos when the Horde took over? (Season 3 that never happened)
    Anyway, I like it for what it is. In my own canon I disregard "Etheria" anyway, to me it's all on Eternia, but it's a decent bio nonetheless.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I also do not see why Skeletor has to team with the Masters, it could be that when Hordak arrives its a 3 way brawl.
    That's how I see it too!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Gotta say that I'm not nearly as worried about the bio as I am her Filmation head. Kinda looks like she's looking off to one side. Certainly hope that's not standard or that I'm seeing it wrong.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    So She-Ra's power is based on will? Sort of like psionic strength, rather than having a super tough physiology like Wonder Woman? Unless the writer of the bios means this as a metaphor.

Hey!!! It's like in MY personal canon! I guess this makes the POP characters more relevant to the Eternia cast by moving them to Eternia and making them part of the Masters of the Universe. I guess Etheria is TOTALLY the Horde's world now just like in the mini-comics.

Hmmm...hello MYP season three plot. Guess that's why Toyguru mentioned to Uki that Faker happens a little later...

I like the bio...except for the "psionic strength" part. I have questions about that one.

But I'm calling this now...I can see POP fans thinking how the identity of their era will be lost, just like NA had the whole future controversy a month ago.
    I think she "channels" the power through her sword...like He-Man.

I think Hordak moving from Etheria to Eternia...how it says "escapes", I think the Rebellion has basically liberated Etheria from Hordak's rule. The PoP gals split up and half or so go to Eternia and the other half stay to finish up the left over Horde Troopers, help people get their lives back together and rebuild and ALSO to protect Etheria in case more Horde come back.

I also don't see PoP losing it's identity. It's like all of Filmation happened...and then this is the conclusion to it.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I like the bio too. What's weird though, is the Randor's gone part. Back in the 200x comic line nobody could even bleed, so if the king dies, that's big stuff. Adam has to become king, and how would that sit with all the Masters? Would they follow him like they would Randor, or consider him to much of a wimp, to even consider listening to him?
    Love, friendship, or respect, do not unite people as much as a common hatred for something.
    I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.

I like the notion fo the Great Rebellion over-throwing the Horde on their planet and many of She-Ra's allies following her to Eternia to battle the Horde there. She helped save their planet, it's only fair to return the favor.

However, was it really neccessary to de-power her strength-wise? Gods forbid we have a woman who is just as strong as He-Man. Worlds could fall apart from the very notion... It's the typical little inklings of sexism I've come to expect in this line along with the lesser treatment that the female figures get.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    If anything this pumps up POP quite a bit since they are still retaining She-Ra and the rebels as essential to the story of Hordak
    I know. I'd always preferred that the POP ladies were Eternian Queens, Princess, Wizards, etc. (Although the bio states that everyone has simply relocated to Eternia to fight against Hordak) It makes the POP ladies just as viable as Teela, Evil-Lyn and the Sorceress. MOTU and POP needed to be merged together into one great whole instead of being separate gender parties.

Now if only we could do something about adding some detail onto them...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetleprachaun View Post
    I always end up in the minority, but I LOVE this bio. It introduces some new aspects into the mythos. Adora comes home !!! Thats what I did in my own MOTUC continuity. I think Hordak conquering Eternia makes mad sense, since Hordak is being presented more as the scary as frak villan from MYP and not the bafoon of Filmation. It also helps with with introducing POP characters, if they are on Eternia helping fight the good fight. Brings in more ladies to the Masters for sure. Randor isn't dead, I can almost garauntee that, he's been dethrowned, out of office. Probably being held prisoner in the crappy toy version of the Fright Zone. And I'm sure Skeletor's still around. Perhaps they teamed up, and then Skelly defeats Hordak and takes his place as head of the Horde. Who knows yet ? the bios are getting exciting though. I'm not throwing much out for my own mythos thats for sure.
    I really like this bio. It is much more gritty than the old Filmation stuff. I am not familiar with all the comic/mini comic stories, only the TV shows.

I like what you said about Skeletor taking his place at the head of the Horde. I would love to see the 4H do a Horde armor Skeletor. I am excited.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Seriously I love this new info!! That's the story I used to play with my cousins back in the 80s.
    It's unbelievable.

Heroic Warrior
    Wasn't Randor supposed to be sent to Despondos when the Horde took over? (Season 3 that never happened)
    I hope this is the case... It might give an excellent opportunity for Gwildor to appear in the canon. Gwildor's Cosmic Key would then be used to set Randor free from Despondos..

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Ok, timeline time here. Let's simplify things a bit.

He-man battles Skeletor
    Hordak returns and invades Eternia
    Hordak imprisons King Randor and conquers the lands
    She-ra and the Rebels arrive to aid the Masters.
    He-man, Skeletor, and Hordak are locked in a 3 way war.
    Skeletor defeats Hordak and now it's He-man vs Skeletor again.
    King Randor assumes the throne once again. (The Return of the King)
    Skeletor goes into the future and He-man follows to stop him (NA)
    Skeletor returns from the future with allies
    He-man returns from the future with allies also.
    Snakemen appears
    The Horde rise again
    The Ultimate Battle is about to begin.

How does that sound?
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Ok, timeline time here. Let's simplify things a bit.

He-man battles Skeletor
    Snakemen appears
    The Horde rise again

How does that sound?
    Perfect!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I just hope she looks MUCH better in person than how she looked at NYTF...or we'll have to plan fixes for her re-release.
    They never look better after production.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    However, was it really neccessary to de-power her strength-wise? Gods forbid we have a woman who is just as strong as He-Man. Worlds could fall apart from the very notion... It's the typical little inklings of sexism I've come to expect in this line along with the lesser treatment that the female figures get.
    I'm not sure if she IS depowered at all. Like I said earlier, it could be a metaphor...sort of like "He-Man's great strength doesn't come from his muscles, but from his compassionate heart (or somesuch)".

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Geez, I seriously hope not. I hate to think that Skeletor teamed up with He-Man and the Masters to fight Hordak. If anything, it should be Skeletor and Hordak that need to team up to beat He-Man. I like to think that Skeletor and the Evil Warriors help Hordak drive the Heroic Masters underground and later Skeletor betrays Hordak in a final grab for power. That would be better for me.
    Skeletor and He-Man teamed up in Filmation a few times. Once with the Sorceress AND He-Man!

He also teamed up with children and a "puppy"...which gave him kisses and he liked it! HA!

I think Hordak also teamed up with She-Ra once? not positive on that one. Her tears saved his life though...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I like the notion fo the Great Rebellion over-throwing the Horde on their planet and many of She-Ra's allies following her to Eternia to battle the Horde there. She helped save their planet, it's only fair to return the favor.

I don't really see it that way, I see them choosing to highlight her psychic strength over her physical strength.

It does not say she is weak or only above average powered, but seriously if she was super powered and super psychic why have He-Man

I think the bio was meant to more to focus on what he had OVER He-Man then in comparison to him.

That is what I always found neat about the She-Ra cartoon, was her Aquaman ability with animals and He-Man only had his thunder punch
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    He-man battles Skeletor
    Snakemen appears
    The Horde rise again

How does that sound?

The only thing I don't like in that scenario is the Snakemen appearing so late in the story... I hope they do appear earlier. Which would make the scenario even more chaotic, of course. But Chaos is beautiful, isn't it ?

One thing is for sure : the second Ultimate Battleground will be some serious war !

Quote Originally Posted by sweetleprachaun View Post
    I always end up in the minority, but I LOVE this bio. It introduces some new aspects into the mythos. Adora comes home !!! Thats what I did in my own MOTUC continuity. I think Hordak conquering Eternia makes mad sense, since Hordak is being presented more as the scary as frak villan from MYP and not the bafoon of Filmation. It also helps with with introducing POP characters, if they are on Eternia helping fight the good fight. Brings in more ladies to the Masters for sure. Randor isn't dead, I can almost garauntee that, he's been dethrowned, out of office. Probably being held prisoner in the crappy toy version of the Fright Zone. And I'm sure Skeletor's still around. Perhaps they teamed up, and then Skelly defeats Hordak and takes his place as head of the Horde. Who knows yet ? the bios are getting exciting though. I'm not throwing much out for my own mythos thats for sure.
    I 'll join you. I think it's suprising and unexpected.I like all the different elements.As for the messy stories telling. Each of these bios are cliffhangers in the past present and future.It gives me things to think about inbetween fig releases.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

The Style Guide/Filmation Tiara seems better with the extra head, although we cannot see it completely inside the blister.

I'm not sure if she IS depowered at all. Like I said earlier, it could be a metaphor...sort of like "He-Man's great strength doesn't come from his muscles, but from his compassionate heart (or somesuch)".
    MGM's right. She could still be as strong as He-Man, she just doesn't go around beating the crap out of people. Unlike that one 80's commercial for her book!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    That is what I always found neat about the She-Ra cartoon, was her Aquaman ability with animals and He-Man only had his thunder punch
    And now He-man can imagine weapons and armor. Sword to Battle Armor (with axe)!
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    It's hard to tell, but it LOOKS like they may have tweeked the tiara on the "200x" She-Ra head (the filmation head, but they can't call it that)

The bio is garbage, the worst one in the line. Renegade Masters?! please.
    Agree. I hate the bio and I also hate the fact she's packed with the vintage toy head. I'll only be buying one to open (would have bought one to keep carded if she had the licensing guide version head on) So considering that, the bio isn't that major since I'll be throwing the packaging away anyways.

I know what you mean, as I keep wanting to call it 'Filmation' head!

I also agree that her *ahem* 200x/Licensing guide head, for some reason looks much better! Is there more detailing on the sides of the tiara? It certainly looks like some tweaks have be made between this and that displayed at NYTF. Based on this, it's got me really excited for this release!
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Court Magician
    im really, really disappointed. That head is awful. As a MOC collector i cant swap and have to look at this &^*^%%. too bad. im getting she-ra, but just to put her in the back - yuk :S

I kinda like the bio, it gives us a piece of the story that has never been and helps to shed some light on what is going on in the future when Skeletor defeats Hordak

I also do not see why Skeletor has to team with the Masters, it could be that when Hordak arrives its a 3 way brawl.
    Agreed, I like the bio. I like where the story is going so far. I like that it's at least going somewhere!
    I can't help but wonder if the movie has a similar storyline? This sounds a lot like one of the suposed scripts...
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog