Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keldor's Redemption

Keldor's Redemption

Does anyone else have a feeling that the central theme of MOTUC may be Keldor's redemption?

Based on the bios we know that:

Keldor is Randor's half brother
    Hordak merged Keldor with Demo Man
    Hordak was banished to Despondos
    Hordak returured to Eternia and scattered the MOTU
    Skeletor defeated Hordak
    Randor is MIA

We don't know yet what order all of this happened in..but what if somehow, along the way, Keldor became the dominant personality in the Keldor/Skeletor/Demo Man hybrid, realized the error of his ways, and helped the MOTU rid Eternia of the Horde menace?

Some will scream bloody murder, but if you put your status quo ideals away, what do you see as the natural progression of the MOTU/POP mythos?

It's okay, but you've kind of got Star Wars there.

Keldor=Anakin
    Skeletor=Darth Vader
    Hordak=Palpatine
    Orko=Jar Jar and Ewoks combined (just sayin')
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

I agree with you on that point. But I mean, really, what's that old saying about there only being a few kinds of jokes in the world? Same goes for story arcs.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Keldor was evil though...

Read Evil-Lyn's bio.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Yes, but Keldor wanted power. If Randor's out of the way, and Hordak is pwning everything in sight, maybe he stops and thinks "Wow, maybe this wasn't all it was cracked up to be."

So Adam is Luke...
    Adora is Leia...
    Sorceress is Obi-Wan?

Deep within Castle Grayskull He-Man and Skeletor are fighting. Both halves of the power sword are clashing with each other.
    Skeletor: "There is no escape.Don't make me destroy you. You do not yet realize your importance. You have only begun to discover your power. Join me and I will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the Universe.

He-Man: I'll never join you!
    Skeletor: If you only knew the power of the
    Horde. The Sorceress never told you what happened to Keldor.

Skeletor blasts he-man with some magic that depowers him to Prince Adam.Adam: She told me enough! It was YOU who killed him!
    Skeletor: No. I am your UNCLE!!

Keeping with the Star Wars analogy...
    Bow Is Han Solo
    Kowl is Chewbacca?
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I wouldn't call it 'redemption'. His style of ruling is less benevolent and more iron fist. After Eternia, he would branch out to different planets and dimensions. There's always something else to conquer.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    So Adam is Luke...
    Adora is Leia...
    Sorceress is Obi-Wan?

Deep within Castle Grayskull He-Man and Skeletor are fighting. Both halves of the power sword are clashing with each other.
    Skeletor: "There is no escape.Don't make me destroy you. You do not yet realize your importance. You have only begun to discover your power. Join me and I will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the Universe.

He-Man: I'll never join you!
    Skeletor: If you only knew the power of the
    Horde. The Sorceress never told you what happened to Keldor.

Skeletor blasts he-man with some magic that depowers him to Prince Adam.Adam: She told me enough! It was YOU who killed him!
    Skeletor: No. I am your UNCLE!!
    Well.... Wasn't MOTU originally released as Mattel's answer to Star Wars? Seems to fit.

You should also note that at this part of the movie Adam was totally unaware that stone cold fox Adora he rescued earlier from the clutches of Skeletor is actually his twin sister! *Le Gasp!*

Bow Is Han Solo
    Kowl is Chewbacca?
    The Hell you say! *Face slap*
    Last edited by FlyingFigg; March 9, 2010 at 11:51pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Can't up load sig pics...... Here's a link for now: http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...400139-1-1.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Bow Is Han Solo
    Kowl is Chewbacca?

Psh He-Man is obviously Han Solo, whilst Adam is Luke.

I'm wondering, who is Boba Fett? Tri-Klops?
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Personally, I don't think Mattel will have an official ending, at least when it comes to the bios. They have small stuff like She-Ra comes Eternia, Randor is missing (intentionally vague), Skeletor beats Hordac, etc but to actually describe Skeletor's/Keldor's redemption would be to give the line finality, something that a toy company probably isn't looking at doing any time soon.

Elder Councilman
    I kinda hope the story does play out somewhat this way; especially after learning the backstory of Keldor in my teens.

But remember: Hordak isn't the ultimate evil...that would be Horde Supreme.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Yes.

And if Keldor is a descendant of King Grayskull and/or He-Ro, then he must have SOME good deep inside, even if he IS bonded to Demo-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    I'm wondering, who is Boba Fett? Tri-Klops?
    Evil-Lyn is the Boba Fett of MOTU
    Last edited by bcrduke; March 10, 2010 at 01:09am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Yes.

And if Keldor is a descendant of King Grayskull and/or He-Ro, then he must have SOME good deep inside, even if he IS bonded to Demo-Man

Evil-Lyn is the Boba Fett of MOTU

Nah, I don't see it...I'd go with Grand Moff Tarkin, or....no, Count Dooku!!!!!!!
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Keldor is not Darth Vader.

I got the impression it was more of a good brother versus bad brother theme going on between them. Keldor may have been cast aside and resentful while Randor was the favored son.

In literary terms, Keldor may have also been an allegory of Satan from Paradise Lost. Keldor may have been the favored son at some point but some deep desire caused him to fall from grace and he became The Overlord of Evil. As for redemption, there is no redemption to Satan.

In the grand sense of MOTU, I feel that things have been unfolding since the days of Grayskull and He-ro leading to the "Ultimate Battle." It was events from the ancient past that led the way for Keldor to become Skeletor and maybe even Keldor may have had a hand in the past with time travel. It was hinted at that a few times.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I'd love to see some shades of gray in the story arc of MOTUC.

For example, I'd love a story where King/Captain Miro feels that Keldor is not fit for throne and ensures that Keldor will not be throned as king. Randor could be unaware of this, so there could be a shock effect when the secret is revealed. Before the secret is revealed, the path that Keldor has taken has made him Skeletor. Will Randor now feel as Miro did and deny the throne from Skeletor/Keldor to whom it rightfully belongs to? Was Miro right all along, or could a different path have made Keldor a good ruler for Eternia? Could he still be a good ruler?

I'd really like a story like that where the Good/Bad polarity is crumbled a bit.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

We should have a character who fuses metal parts together named Weldor.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Sorry, the only reason Keldor/ Skeletor would get rid of Hordak is so he can have the power.

Skeletor is the classic 80's bad guy, one goal is power. 200x Skeletor threw in family issues (Which weren't developed in the original Classic Line).

MOTU is all about power. Who has it, who wants it etc.

I don't see Skeletor defeating Hordak and going, "Hmmm wonder where Randor's gone, must go findhim, tally-ho!"

Skeletor will only aid those who can help progress his goals, but will easily stab them in the back afterwards.

Whatever next? We're going to have the merge of Keldor and Demo-Man, with Skeletor clunkily rising screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    that is very possible, b/c even in the 200x cartoons you see where keldor peeps out to save evil lyn even though she betrays him and the mvc comics shows this in the snakemen series towards the end. i could see evil lyn finding a way to bring more of keldor out of skeletor or possibly returning him back completely.

the star wars spoof is hilarious!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Nope to Keldor's redemption. Skeletor is evil. He lives to be bad!

It's easy to redeem Keldor! Just give him a puppy.

LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Whilst there doesn't require a need for skeleton to be redeemed, the recent bio has went from the frying pan to the fire with regard to the situation on eternia. Is there a happy ending for motu in general? Will peace ever come to eternia?

Also, as analogies go, the disappearance of the king will ultimately lead to a return of the king, lord of the rings style!
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    Whilst there doesn't require a need for skeleton to be redeemed, the recent bio has went from the frying pan to the fire with regard to the situation on eternia. Is there a happy ending for motu in general? Will peace ever come to eternia?

Also, as analogies go, the disappearance of the king will ultimately lead to a return of the king, lord of the rings style!
    This if probably true. I mean, if Randor died, Adam would be king, and a leader would emerge. If Randor is just MISSING, that's a different story all together.

Blasphemy! That was just a temporary aberration caused by the Spirit of Christmas. Come January 1, I bet it was space puppy stew at Snake Mountain.
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

Court Magician
    What I don't get is...where did Hordak become this ultimate badass all the sudden? If you watch the 80's cartoon, Hordak would get pwned by Skeletor like everytime Skelly appeared!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenbane View Post
    What I don't get is...where did Hordak become this ultimate badass all the sudden? If you watch the 80's cartoon, Hordak would get pwned by Skeletor like everytime Skelly appeared!
    Well, you have to remember that most of the evil characters in the cartoons were portrayed as bumblers. Even Hordak and Skeletor sometimes.
    Just take into consideration that Skeletor has a band of evil warriors and is trying to take over Eternia but is continually foiled. Hordak has a whole army(hence the name Horde) and is already ruling over Despondos. That means he has to be doing something right.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenbane View Post
    Filmation and the 80's is a joke. The MYP did a better job with Skeletor and the villians. In his brief appearances, Hordak was the stuff of nightmares in Eternia. That Hordak didn't turn into a rocket. He was a powerful sorcerer and borderline cosmic being. I think even Zodac would be weary of him.

Skeletor himself was more dangerous. There was humor tossed in, but Skeletor was generally feared and one tough warrior. In that series, he could hold his own against He-man and on occasion even gave He-man a few lumps.

I remember one episode where he kept He-man and King Randor at bay at the same time.

The new continuity probably is a more serious one and again, it mixes everything but I don't think Filmation plays a major role. Battle Cat doesn't talk.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!