View Poll Results: Could Classics replace your vintage collection?

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I like mike Classics way better

54 34.84%
  • Yes, I like mike Classics way better. I even would sell most of my vintage collection

17 10.97%
  • No way, Classics are awesome, but vintage will always be my no.1

28 18.06%
  • No way, Classics are nice, but nothing in comparison to vintage figures

8 5.16%
  • Both are equally important to me

48 30.97%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Classics vs Vintage

Classics all the way....as for vintage I loved the characters/concepts more the the actual figures.
    As a child if the figures knees didn't bend then i lost interest very fast...

master of hiphop
    Love em both
    But my wallet hates them so very much
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Vintage may have been larger than life when you held onto the figures as a kid but they look really small and make you feel completely different when holding it as an adult. Same can be said for any toy made in the 80s.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Man, I had to go with both.

I could NEVER part with my vintage collection, because they are more than just figures, they are a collection of memories and pure joy. Some of my vintage MOTU figures were the very first figures I ever had!

With that said, MOTUC is quite possibly the greatest toy line currently being produced. As an adult, I love how each new release brings back that joy I felt as a child when I would receive a new MOTU figure as a gift...
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Love them both as well. Vintage for nostalgia and "reminding me of my childhood" reasons, and Classics for stepping up the vintage figs to a whole new level. While I love vintage, classics are the toys I would've wanted as a kid. That's why I love both.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    Love them both as well. Vintage for nostalgia and "reminding me of my childhood" reasons, and Classics for stepping up the vintage figs to a whole new level. While I love vintage, classics are the toys I would've wanted as a kid. That's why I love both.
    Nice thing about classics is they're scaled up so they're like relatively the same size as the vintage toys were, relative to me when I was a kid. If that makes sense.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

both equall. though i admit only reason and i mean only reason classics isnt better is because classics will never have all the playsets vehicles and beasts of the vintage. all of em. if it did it would replace my need for vintage.

I like Classics more, biggest reason is the inclusion of POP (made to match the MOTU characters) and Filmation characters.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

I say both, I do plan to buy some Vintage eventually, I love the Classics versions of my old Vintage figures, but nothing can beat the nostalgia the true toys I played with as a kid bring. No manner of modern version will ever trump the original feelings I had from the original toys, although MOTUC being the closest along with TMNT Classics are the best modern updates almost exact to the originals.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I say both, I do plan to buy some Vintage eventually, I love the Classics versions of my old Vintage figures, but nothing can beat the nostalgia the true toys I played with as a kid bring. No manner of modern version will ever trump the original feelings I had from the original toys, although MOTUC being the closest along with TMNT Classics are the best modern updates almost exact to the originals.
    I agree. I'd sell my MOTUCs before my vintage stuff, even though I like MOTUC very much.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    No offense to those who collect vintage, but I was WAAY more interested in the line before I saw how the figures actually looked - the crouching poses, the facial expressions - there's a reason I've (rather feverishly) been collecting Classics, and it's this: Classics finally do the characters justice, comics to cartoons. This is what they always should've been, in my opinion. I guess Mego figures spoiled me as a kid - my first action figure was Capt. Kirk, after all - but I always kinda thought they'd have better poseability, and sculpting that popped! Now, to me, they do!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

I'd never give up my vintage collection, particularly since I have fond memories of actually playing with them as a kid, but I like Classics way better. The Classics style and sculpts are just fantastic! Also greatly enjoy the inclusion of POP characters (who were characters that I always liked) and N.A. characters (which I originally was never a fan of but have really grown on me with the way they've been incorporated into Classics).
    Last edited by InspectorZartan; January 19, 2013 at 08:11am.
    TOP 44 WANTS
    VINTAGE:Peekablue/Dragstor/Perfuma/Saurod
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak/Granita/Malektha
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina/Ceratus
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/Dare/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndra

I love the classics and they bring back fond memories. They look great on my shelves and there are a lot that I never had or were never made as figures when I was a kid and I think they're amazing. That being said.....I have a lot more fun with the vintage figures. I actually play with them with my son and we can be rough and not have to worry about paint chipping or figures breaking...sans the rubber bands which are easy to fix. I love the action features as well and actually miss them in Classics (like Rattlor's neck for instance or the blood on Mosquitor) So for me vintage are still number one.