Thread: Just how closed is re-release Skeletor's "fixed" hand supposed to be?

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

Just how closed is re-release Skeletor's "fixed" hand supposed to be?

I bought two re-release Skeletors, with one to keep MOC, but I only today opened the one I bought to pose loose.

But... in his left hand (right when looking at him), he refuses to hold his sword, and his staff (which IMO is oversized to the point of being 200x-like, but that's for another thread) hardly sits any better.
    I know the re-release Skeletor was supposed to have a "fixed" right hand to allow him to hold his weapons better than the first release, but just how closed is his hand supposed to be?

My first release Classics Skeletor is stored up in the attic, so I can't get at it right now to compare, but this second release Skelly in my view seems to have a hand not much different from the first.

Anyone else experience this?
    More to the point, were some "unfixed" Skeletors released as re-releases?
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Here's what you're lookin' for buddy:

As for the staff...well, it's friggin' HUGE, and he's gona have a hard time with it no matter what. Wish they'd shrink it down sometime.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I find yours interesting. I bought a second Skeletor and he is pretty good at holding his weapons. I've had him hold his staff and sword in that fixed hand just fine. Right now, he's holding 2 purple swords on my shelf and I don't have any problems.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

i honestly like the first version better. he can hold his staff better with the open hand.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    i honestly like the first version better. he can hold his staff better with the open hand.
    My first version holds the staff in the closed hand and uses the open hand to "pet" Panthor
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    As for the staff...well, it's friggin' HUGE, and he's gona have a hard time with it no matter what. Wish they'd shrink it down sometime.
    Wasn't the idea behind the way the hands were done on his first release that he would hold the staff two-handed?

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Wasn't the idea behind the way the hands were done on his first release that he would hold the staff two-handed?
    Yeah, but they added a special wider part at the top of the staff to match his special open hand (or vice-versa) and he can still hold it two-handed with the fixed hands as well, just, not at the top. Didn't really make any sense to me. If they had just made the staff a straight peice without the wider part, they could have just made normal hands and Skeletor would be able to do more things. Granted, some folks say that they got the open hand to hold things, but I didn't, and I'm much more happy with the regular holding hand on the second release. I'm trying to find a way to cut out the wide section of the staff so it'll be shorter.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Now this is weird. Both of my re-release Skeletors (opened and MOC) have the "The Original" bursts, and mention of Demo Man on the bio, but...
    The one I opened yesterday has the "unfixed" hand.
    Check it out:

Haven't checked my unopened one yet, but think he might be the same.

Evidentially, some "unfixed" Skeletors slipped through the net.
    I'm not gonna lose sleep over it, I'm more intrigued than anything.

Anyone else experience this?
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

so they left (or found available) small quantities of the first run in china warehouses and they get packed as re-release?

Does he have a wide crotch piece?

Quote Originally Posted by suckator View Post
    Does he have a wide crotch piece?
    This example has a narrow crotch piece.
    I'll check my second (MOC) later to try and see what hand and crotch he has.
    ~jay firestorm~