Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTFWTK 2.35 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.35 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
    Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
    Filmation characters are off limits!
    Who will be produced will remain to be seen.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.
    Mattel has also asked not to submit figure inquiries about unannounced figures (eg: When will we see [insert character name])

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by Jukka,
    and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
    Thanks to them for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. Heidi: Will the quarterly figures and Large scale beasts be shipped together with the monthly figure in the 2011 subscription, or will they be shipped separately?

2. Swift Wind: In WTFWTK 2.32 You gave mention to Swift Wind and with him there has been a lot of debate on how he will look. At this time can you comment on the color scheme for him? Will he be pink like the original toy or closer to Royal Swift Wind?

3. MegaGearMax: Would Modulok or Multi-Bot be considered "large scale beasts" since they are centauric in nature? That they wouldn't be larger than the normal figures, but they take up far too much space for a normal MOTUC card?

4. Tuukka: Battle Cat has resealable package and I think that's great thing. Is it going to be like this with all other large scale characters?

5. CarKrash: With the MOTUC vs DCUC two packs seemingly being a success, will you bring more of these 2 Packs to retail?

--------------

So ask those questions!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    At the NY Toy Fair, Bonus Figures were renamed Quarterly Figures. Since 2 Bonus/Quarterly figures have been released or announced so far this year(BA He-Man, Keldor), is it safe to assume another 2 Quarterly figures are planned for release in 2010?

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Mattel has stated that they can never change a color scheme or an accesory due to a figure being too far along in production when shown to fans while at the same time stating that a figure can never be announced, for legal and other reasons, when it begins its production a whole year before it's actually unveiled.

So why couldn't Mattel simply put up early polls asking basic questions, maybe even not specific to a figure, but relatively known to its fans? For example, Evil-Lyn could have had a simple poll stating "Female skin - yellow or purple?" or Keldor "acid burned face or cape" without actually having their names released and have left a lot fans relatively happy when the final product was made. What about just having a basic poll up stating "When/If we eventually get to 'character name here', we would like to see 'option A, B, C, D here'?

When you get to Gwildor, which version of the Cosmic Key will he feature? Although his figure came with a non-movie version, there was a prototype "life-sized" key that look like the movie version...

European fans have been mistakenly been charged tax on their subs twice in the past. Mattel has admitted this was a mistake each time and issued refunds. It has now happened again with Mossman. Why does this error keeps occurring? Can Mattel give any assurances it won't happen again?

If/when Rokkon and Stonedar appear as figures in MOTUC, will Mattel use a "faction sticker" to announce their affiliation as "Rock People" on the card bubble (ala Princess Of Power, The Evil Horde, etc)? Also, their faction seems to be a bit small compared to the Horde and even the Snakemen. Any hopes of seeing a female rock warrior such as the one that once appeared in one of the mini-comics?

Widget
    If and when you get to Catra, will she be modeled more after the original figure or the cartoon version. Also, does Mattel have the rights to create a figure of Catra as a cat, or was that an idea created by Filmation?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    My question wasn't chosen last round, so it's back:

Since Mattel called Illumina's backstory a "fan pitched idea," all ideas that were not published in the MVC comic must be viewed as such by Mattel. Taking this into account, will Mattel finally allow MVC to publish their series bible for the comic online?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

May we have a definitive answer to the question: Were the designs for the Adora and She-Ra MOTUC figures based primarily on the images for those characters seen in the Mattel "Princess of Power" StyleGuide/Licensing Guide/Licensor "kits?"
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Though Mattel decided to scrape the 200x "Duel Blades" and went with the 2 half blades of the Power Sword, no where has it been mention in anyones bios how Keldor/Skeletor obtained their half/haves of the Power Sword. Is it actually the Power Sword that Keldor/Skeletor has or is it some generic sword that looks like the Poer Sword. Also, are we ever going to learn from someone elses bio, like say Prince Adam, about how Keldor/Skeletor got their half/halves of the Power Sword?

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    In the mid-March Q&A, you gave the following reasoning for Optikk getting a new "Space Mutants" logo rather than the 1989 "He-Man" logo:
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    The “He-Man” logo used on the 1989 line didn’t really describe the “factions” from this series the way “Space Mutants” and “Galactic Protectors” does. This was a much more exciting way to call them out on package.
    With this in mind, will you be creating a new "Great Rebellion" logo for characters in that "faction" such as Glimmer, Bow and Frosta? After all, and in the same way as the 1989 "He-Man" logo, the "Princess of Power" logo describes only the lead character from the series (Adora/She-Ra, for whom its use was thus appropriate), and not her "faction" (unless you consider Bow to be a "Princess of Power"!), while you've previously confirmed that Catra will feature an "Evil Horde" logo, despite her original toy being under POP rather than EH.
    Last edited by Reboot; March 19, 2010 at 05:55pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Can you give us a date when we'll finally see at least 1 character of each MOTUC faction ? I remind you we're still currently missing 1 Snakeman and 1 Galactic Guardian...

Since we got the Techno Power Sword with Man At Arms and we're getting another one with the Weapons Pak. Is there any chance that we get the Closed version of the Techno Power Sword like the one Prince Adam used (in MYP and 200X Toyline)? Eliminating the Hyper-detailing and making it in the more streamlined MOTUC style of course. (Just like the 4Horsemen did with the Opened He-Man version of the Techno Sword)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior
    - There has been a lot of talk about the "The Original" starburst-sticker on the re-issues of the MOTUC figures. Now, the fans understand that it resembles the original from the eighties but back then this was intended to mark only He-Man and Skeltor reissues in the 80ies, as those two figures had multiple variants. There seems to be a lot of fan demand for "he's back!" like on the 6th wave Faker card or maybe the cool "New!" on first releases (Maybe this could be used for figures like Marzo that never have seen the light of day before). Could the "he's back!" sticker be used for possible third releases?

Why are the good guys from New Adventures referred to as the 'Galactic Protectors' now instead of the 'Galactic Guardians?'
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    If you decide to release a Slime Pit, will you warn us not to slime Moss Man or are we adult collectors too old for that now? Sorry, had a flashback of my slime pit instructions.
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

In an effort to ease some of the fan-reaction: you've said that a Head Pack of several new/retooled heads would cut into a figure's tooling budget/cut into the production of a figure itself. However, if we're to understand how the process works, wouldn't this just push a single figure back in the time frame you've gotten planned instead of cancelling a figure all together? So we'd still get that one "pushed-back" figure, just not at the original planned date, as it would not be cancelled, correct?
    Last edited by Bulkhide; March 22, 2010 at 01:05am.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Member of the Royal Family JimmyPSHayes's Avatar
    Has there been any thought to doing any advertising outside of the targeted audience? Sure, ads in Wizard, Toyfare and other collector magazines are GREAT, but there's a large audience of adults(which the line is aimed for)that don't know it exists. Has Mattel ever thought about running an ad in a heavily-circulated magazine like Entertainment Weekly or Maxim? It seems to me there's a large chuck of adults that grew up with Masters of the Universe that would buy either figures or subscriptions-either for themselves or their kids-if they knew about the line.
    I love it when a plan comes together.

Is there a chance of MOTU heroclix by neca?

can you PLEASE have DR update shipping/billing information? I (as others I know) have MOVED from the address I had when I signed up for the subscription, and despite several phone calls having them update my address, the subscriptions still REGULARLY go to the old address. This is a MAJOR inconvienience, and should be a very simple fix.
    AWESOME TRADERS:
    Sammy Banderas/jcb1973/Troy-Klops/Mystical musician/Daviono1089

MY .ORG FEEDBACK

MY EBAY FEEDBACK

"I Do hope you don't bruise easily He-Man!"
    ~Stevetor~

Will there be an exclusive motuc figure in October at New York Comic Con?
    Got any of that beer that has candy floating in it? You know, Skittlebrau? -Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by The Collector View Post
    Will there be an exclusive motuc figure in October at New York Comic Con?
    There won't be, since Mattel has said they are not attending that con.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Originall from Milwaukee, WI. Just moved to St. Pete, FL
    As the line's popularity grew, production numbers were increased.

If (heaven forbid) the line's popularity were to wane, would Mattel consider scaling back production before out-right cancelling the line?

Toyguru mentioned earlier, about how we'd be getting Barbarian He-Man (who appears next to the green-skinned Goddess in first mini-comic) and he said that he wouldn't be coming for awhile, and that he is not Prince Adam.

At the time of this quote, we already knew of Wun-Dar coming.
    Is "Barbarian He-Man" from first mini-comic the same character as "Savage He-Man" aka Wun-Dar?

Can Matty & DR please get 1 policy in effect that is dedicated to exchanging figures?
    My personal experience in calling DR 4 times to get a defective Moss-Man exchanged was more hassle than I have ever experienced in trying to get a return. Is there any way that Matty/DR can simplify this process for their customers so it is not such a problematic experience? Currently DR offers ticket numbers that are supposed to be sent to shipping for solving in 3 business days, yet in my experience it took a week & 4 phone calls to even be recognized. There needs to be a better process implemented so that subscribers & customers alike that have problems with received figures can get replacements issued as a quick & seemless process. What is Mattel doing to communicate with DR on better customer service with quick turnaround times for replacements?
    Last edited by JafariStew; March 30, 2010 at 11:08pm.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)