Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.33!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.33!

Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to him for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out his answers to your Round 33 questions!

This round of questions were selected by PaTrIcKfOgArTy,
    and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
    Thanks to them for their help!

-------------------

1. Tallstar: Will you talk to Digital River about implementing a way to update credit card information on the subscription itself? As of this post, any changes made to credit card information only impact and apply to items that are purchased directly from the site, while the subscription itself keeps referring back to the original card information that was used at the time of sign up.

No problem, we would be happy to pass this along to Digital River.

2. Adam_Portugal: With the fantastic fan demand for every thing MOTU related, do you now have the rights to and plan to release a CD soundTrack and/or iTunes MP3 Album of the Filmation He-Man and She-Ra cartoon? We are hoping this is possible since it's Mattel rather than Boomerrang telling fans on YouTube that they can't use pieces of the music in their interviews, reviews and commentaries.

We totally hear the fan demand for this type of release, but at this time we do not have anything to announce. It would be cool!

3. MoViEfReAk: After seeing the new "Space Mutants" logo many fans wonder why there was no 1989 "He-Man" toy logo on the blister. Does this new logo have a history or is it a new invention, and also why you are not using the He-Man toy logo to designate figures are from the 1989 NA toy line like you are with the POP logo?

The “He-Man” logo used on the 1989 line didn’t really describe the “factions” from this series the way “Space Mutants” and “Galactic Protectors” does. This was a much more exciting way to call them out on package.

4. Mr.Treeface: Optikk's bio leads me to believe that neither He-Man or Skeletor travels to the future. Is this indeed the case? Has that story line been scrapped?

Not as much scrapped as much as it has been streamlined. We looked at the notes for the proposed 3rd and 4th season of the 2002 series and tried to incorporate those ideas into the bios. One of our big goals for the MOTUC line was to create as many diverse characters and as many “battle situations” as possible to fuel fan’s imaginations as they create their own adventures. In the case of Optikk and the NA characters, they were incorporated into the Classic bios as they would have been incorporated into the 4th season of the 2002 show.

5. king.of.grayskull: In SDCC you mention something about Armybuilder 2-Packs! Referring to your Plans about the "All-in" Subscription, there was no word about them anymore! Are they discarded?

Nope! We still have plans for these and will announce more at this year’s SDCC! We are very excited about this SKU!

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 35!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 18.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 19.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 20.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 21.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 22.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 23.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 24.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 25.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 26.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 27.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 28.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 29.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 30.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 31.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 32.
    And, have fun discussing Toy Guru's answers to your Round 33 questions!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Yay about the credit card stuff.

Uh-oh...sounds like NA isn't in the future.

...and NA was coming to MYP in season 4?!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Wow.. I didn't know NA was planned to be incorporated in a season 4 of 200X! (by the way.. when you guys say 200X.. do you say "two-hundred X" or "two-thousand X".. I think the X replaces the number of 2002, or 2003.. so I say "two-thousand X") I really wish they didn't pull the plug on that show. I would have continued loving it!!

Army Builder Two-Packs being shown at SDCC.. along with a 4th Quarter Beast, Orko, and presumably others.. SDCC is gearing up to be quite the spectacle.!

Oh yea, that "Heroic Guards" two pack. You know, being one of the first ones out the door, which should be shown at SDCC...

Man, I sure wish there was a 3rd and 4th season. Maybe a direct to DVD one day. (Can always Dream!)

Sean79

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    2. Adam_Portugal: With the fantastic fan demand for every thing MOTU related, do you now have the rights to and plan to release a CD soundTrack and/or iTunes MP3 Album of the Filmation He-Man and She-Ra cartoon? We are hoping this is possible since it's Mattel rather than Boomerrang telling fans on YouTube that they can't use pieces of the music in their interviews, reviews and commentaries.

We totally hear the fan demand for this type of release, but at this time we do not have anything to announce. It would be cool!
    You know, there was a time when the answer to this question would have been "We totally hear the fan demand for this type of release, but we simply do not have the rights to the Filmation library."

I'm just sayin'.

oh i want to see the 2packs!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

That's weird about the credit cards. I had to temporarily switch my sub card in Feb (and then back in March) and it worked just by changing the default card in the settings. Guess I got lucky.

Interesting. We've heard of the plans for MYP show on what they would have liked doing in Season 3, but I've never heard there were plans for Season 4. Let alone it would have dwelled into NA -region.

I've always said I loved MYP toon, it was the best & I always get so upset that it was axed especially coz in season 3 Hordak was going to be released & She-Ra was most likely going to appear & was gonna kick some serious butt.

Now to read that they even had ideas planned for season 4 just upsets me so much more. That toon was great & shouldnt of been axed, it was the biggest mistake.

Please make a direct to DVD of this show, Please!!!!!!!

I really enjoyed the Q&A!
    Xena & She-Ra Rule

4. Mr.Treeface: Optikk's bio leads me to believe that neither He-Man or Skeletor travels to the future. Is this indeed the case? Has that story line been scrapped?

Not as much scrapped as much as it has been streamlined. We looked at the notes for the proposed 3rd and 4th season of the 2002 series and tried to incorporate those ideas into the bios. One of our big goals for the MOTUC line was to create as many diverse characters and as many “battle situations” as possible to fuel fan’s imaginations as they create their own adventures. In the case of Optikk and the NA characters, they were incorporated into the Classic bios as they would have been incorporated into the 4th season of the 2002 show.
    God help me, but that hurts me, and helps me at the same time. It kind of sucks to think about what could of been. NA in the 200x would have ruled. But I'm glad they are adding some of that story into MOTUC.
    Last edited by Mr.Treeface; March 17, 2010 at 04:39am.
    Love, friendship, or respect, do not unite people as much as a common hatred for something.
    I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

...and NA was coming to MYP in season 4?!
    How weird, I was just thinking this yesterday regarding Optikk and She-Ra's bio's

Shame we never got to see it

Also, why's it Galactic Protectors rather than Guardians now? Can GG not be used as it's a Jetlag idea?
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Cool stuff this time!
    Thanks, TG!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    How weird, I was just thinking this yesterday regarding Optikk and She-Ra's bio's

Shame we never got to see it

Also, why's it Galactic Protectors rather than Guardians now? Can GG not be used as it's a Jetlag idea?
    http://marvel.com/universe/Image:Galactic_Guardians.JPG

that's because Marvel Comics now have a superhero team also called Galactic Guardians but Galactic Protectors is just as good.

It is a big shame about the 200x show sound like it would've been great it would still be good if they made two direct to DVD movies (condensing the story obviously). Wasn't it mentioned that if the DVD sales were good they'd condider looking into a direct to DVD release. I don't expect an entire series just a couple of direct to DVD movies (approx 80-90 minutes)
    Last edited by Coptur; March 17, 2010 at 06:39am.

Nice to know the two packs weren't taken off the tanle. I want me some Horde Troopers !
    Once you kill the cow, you gotta make a burger
    Positive Trade with : Thehorde,

Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    http://marvel.com/universe/Image:Galactic_Guardians.JPG

that's because Marvel Comics now have a superhero team also called Galactic Guardians but Galactic Protectors is just as good.

It is a big shame about the 200x show sound like it would've been great it would still be good if they made two direct to DVD movies (condensing the story obviously). Wasn't it mentioned that if the DVD sales were good they'd condider looking into a direct to DVD release. I don't expect an entire series just a couple of direct to DVD movies (approx 80-90 minutes)
    This would be cool, but I feel if we asked we'd get a movie year answer, when we probably wouldn't get these DVD's but a whole new cartoon anyway!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Xena-She-Ra View Post
    I've always said I loved MYP toon, it was the best & I always get so upset that it was axed especially coz in season 3 Hordak was going to be released & She-Ra was most likely going to appear & was gonna kick some serious butt.

Now to read that they even had ideas planned for season 4 just upsets me so much more. That toon was great & shouldnt of been axed, it was the biggest mistake.

Please make a direct to DVD of this show, Please!!!!!!!
    Exactly the same for me

THANK GOD FOR TALLSTAR!!! Hopefully Mattel follows through with having DR incorporate a way for customers to change their credit card info with subscriptions! For me with the subscription, this has been the biggest issue. If you move (which I did) or if your card expires during the course of the subscription you basically have to go to hell and back just to get things updated!

And wow…NA was going to be in the 200X MYP toon!!?? That's pretty cool! I wish we could get a one shot direct to DVD movie with the story summed up nicely. OR a comic series that could be released WITH the figures using the story lines planned for seasons 3 and 4 of the MYP toon! Gimmie!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    This would be cool, but I feel if we asked we'd get a movie year answer, when we probably wouldn't get these DVD's but a whole new cartoon anyway!
    Yeah all to true and the 200x series nearing a decade old and why would mattel ever go back. they've more or less said the 200x is in there past and i suppose going forward is for them the best way. Such a shame but i'm sure we'll have to live with it lol. (but i'll still never forgive the 'ending' to Quantum Leap)

I not sure if I even believe that NA content was planned for Series 4 of the MYP cartoon, I think if it had it would have come up sooner in the Ian Richter and Dean Stefan Q&As here on the org or the extra features on the DVDs. I'd like to hear some confirmation from Ian or Dean before I buy into this.

[EDIT]
    In fact Q73 in this Q&A with Ian he says:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=118744
    73. And was there going to be other planets such as Etheria or Infinita when Hordak was going to be introduced, or was everything happening on Eternia only?

IR: We didn’t want to tread into “New Adventures” territory and have He-Man in space, so the action would have most likely stayed on Eternia.

The ability to upgrade card details on a subscription really needs to be fixed, what if your card expires or has to be cancelled due to being stolen etc.
    Last edited by 13977; March 17, 2010 at 12:49pm.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    Not much important information this time around, but at least we know that the army builder 2-pack hasn't been cancelled, and that we still should learn more about it during SDCC...

It seems the Galactic Guardians were renamed "Galactic Protectors"... or is it one more confused moment from Toyguru ?

Now, did you notice HOW QUICK these answers came after the Moss Man debacle ?

Toyguru
    1. Tallstar: Will you talk to Digital River about implementing a way to update credit card information on the subscription itself? As of this post, any changes made to credit card information only impact and apply to items that are purchased directly from the site, while the subscription itself keeps referring back to the original card information that was used at the time of sign up.

No problem, we would be happy to pass this along to Digital River.
    I changed my card info a couple months ago with no issues, and I didn't even have to call DR. I just changed the default card on my account on the Matty website.

These are the instructions provided to me by a DR phone rep when I needed to update my credit card on Monday. Also worth mentioning is that my credit card declined when my subscription processed. I made the changes below, and today the card reprocessed and my subscription order is in process.

In order to update your credit card information pertaining to your
    order, please follow the steps below.

1. Please go to: http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...isplayHelpPage

2. Click on the "My Payment Information" link under the My Account
    section.

3. You will be prompted for your Email address and Password. (Used
    when placing your order. If you have forgotten the password, you can use
    the "Forgot Password?" link on this page.)

4. Click the "Login" button

5. Click the "Add New Payment Method" link found on the right
    under, “Saved Payment” option.

6. Complete the requesting fields and click the "Save as default"
    option.

The payment method will be saved and future subscription charges will be
    made to the new credit card.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    NA was going to get the 200X treatment? Wow. That makes MYP even more awesome. MYP would have incorporated all of the eras...all we need is to hear if MYP would have shown any POP characters besides She-Ra.

Galactic Protectors? Ugh...we'll at least the fans can call the Galactic Guardians whatever they'd like.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    After current debacles the only thing that really interests me is the CC question. I'm terrified of not getting Wun-Dar next month due to getting my info stolen.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon