Thread: Prison Star

Prison Star

I would like to know more about Prison Star. Any history or info
    available out there.

Don't know if it has been depicted fully in some medium, but if there are any pics, I would really appreciate clear scans.

So we know Trap-Jaw was once in Prison Star.
    And I hear in some magazine they tell about Faker escaping from there...
    Also in UK Masters of the Universe Adventure Magazine #10 "War against the Spiders" it is featured in the end... do they show any inmates or how the place looks?

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I have all the UK comics, there's one story where Hordak takes over Prison Star and frees lots of inmates.

My comics are at my Mother's house though, so it'd be a while before I can visit and take scans of the pages.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Heroic Warrior
    Wasn't Modulok's origin in one of the comics tied in to Prison Star as well? I seem to remember something like that, but could be mistaken...

The Prison Starr is best described in the first annual Jukka.

I cannot find the comic that Killian is referring to in the datebase for some reason. It had a really cool cover too.
    He-man, MAA and Sy Klone about to be dropped out into space.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Central Coast. Down Under. Southside Hell!
    I'm with you Jukka, some needs to cough up the info or scans regarding Prison star, sounds like some interesting stuff!

@Eamon, which annual are you referring too?
    Skelehorde's Org Feedback

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

Quote Originally Posted by skelehorde View Post
    I'm with you Jukka, some needs to cough up the info or scans regarding Prison star, sounds like some interesting stuff!

@Eamon, which annual are you referring too?
    The first one. The one with the figures on the front as apposed to an illustration.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    I have all the UK comics, there's one story where Hordak takes over Prison Star and frees lots of inmates.
    This is awesome, I think this could be expanded on greatly. I'm not sure if I read this before and it stuck in my subconscious, but I had included a segment where Hordak breaks one of my characters out of prison. Now it will be Prison Star! Kind of a weird name for a prison dont ya think?

That sounds interesting, so at some point the villains become too much of a risk to keep them in the Eternian jail cells so they make a prison planet for the worst of the worst huh? In some cross-over fun you can also have Evil chaser Mandora from Thundercats appear in a story. Also, I wish more of those UK mags with the original covers appear here to view all pages like they've done with the Minicomics. Being an American fan it's rather hard to get my hands on an actual copy unless Bustatoons is putting some from his collection up on ebay (which was how I got a few in the past) but the bidding wars are never pretty. Hate to image what it would be if the German Ehapa mags showed up there.
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

More info on Prison Starr

Newly revealed Jitsu's bio informs us that Jitsu was also one of the prisoners on the Prison Starr that was released by Keldor, meaning that the Prison Starr was present during the Great Unrest.

Quote Originally Posted by astralworkout View Post
    More info on Prison Starr

Newly revealed Jitsu's bio informs us that Jitsu was also one of the prisoners on the Prison Starr that was released by Keldor, meaning that the Prison Starr was present during the Great Unrest.
    Thank you for that. But MOTUC Bios are their own continuity. Jitsu being placed in Prison Star is invented after 2008.

This question I made was referencing the Original media and how Prison Star was depicted in the 80s. To get to the real truth.
    Of course if in some old comic/magazine/book there is a reference to Jitsu being in Prison Star, then that would be very interesting information.

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    I believe Prison Star was created but never used by Filmation. If you read the Series Guide on this site, it is listed toward the back, along with a short description.

http://www.he-man.org/cartoon/docume...=17&image=1444

Prison Starr is in a lot of the UK comics. I'll try and pick out some issue numbers for you guys.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by Red Trinity View Post
    I believe Prison Star was created but never used by Filmation. If you read the Series Guide on this site, it is listed toward the back, along with a short description.

http://www.he-man.org/cartoon/docume...=17&image=1444
    Thanks. I remembered making a note of that, but
    forgot it since.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Prison Starr is in a lot of the UK comics. I'll try and pick out some issue numbers for you guys.
    HIGHLY appreciated bro.

I'm pretty sure the UK comics will have gotten the Prison Star form the Filmation Series Guide Red Trinity links to a few posts above.

Here are some off the issues that feature (or mention) Prison Star, all of which have scans available in the Publishing section of the main site.

#44 has the main story about Prison Star.
    #10 of the Adventure Magazine features Prison Star at the end when the leader of a race of spiders is sent there for his crimes.
    The Secret Files of Scrollos: The Horde in #23 and The Secret Files of Scrollos: Modulok in #64 features Prison Star as part of Modulok's origin, I believe a version of this story is also in 1988 WIP annual.
    I think it's in (or at least mentioned in) the Rio Blast origin story which is covered in #65 and #28.

I'm pretty sure it's in a few more issues but those are the ones I can remember.

Its also in a few of the MOTUC Bio's Slushedhead's and Jitsu's at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I cannot find the comic that Killian is referring to in the datebase for some reason. It had a really cool cover too.
    He-man, MAA and Sy Klone about to be dropped out into space.
    Here it is mate:

MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26