Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A new screw up by DR for international buyers!

Heroic Warrior
    Gals and guys,

And the debacle continues ! The "funny" thing (enraging thing, to be honest) is that Mattel/Matty/Digital River still hope to screw you again next year with their 2011 subscription swindle !

I'm sorry, but such incompetence and dishonesty requires a strong signal. From the start, I said that Matty's website and "solutions" stank, and they did indeed, without failing to stink even once !

I'll keep buying these figures through other means, and I am VERY happy I don't have to deal with these swindlers at Mattel/Matty/Digital River !

By the way... I thought Mattel had been "clear" to DR and had severely warned them (at least, that's what they hinted at)... WHAT will it take for them to understand that DR is so incompetent and customer unfriendly that the only result it can bring is the utter disgust of most of the fans, who will ultimately drop the line ?

P.S. : international fans, ONCE AGAIN, are the victims of Mattel's inept marketing policies ! There should be AT LEAST another online store somewhere else on the planet where fans could buy these figures... The "one world" American e-business website won't help the popularity and the sales of MOTUC abroad, that's a fact.
    Last edited by Spectror; March 20, 2010 at 02:25pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    Question to those who got a £16.90 card: did you open your package and remove the toys from their sealed boxes? Would this affect claiming back the £16.90 customs charge (ie does it have to be in the original sealed condition)? I would like to know before freeing Trapjaw and Battlecat from their plastic prisons.
    Wait.... you got charged on both Battlecat and Trapjaw or were they in the same parcel? If so your parcel should have been marked as $50 (so you should only get a portion of the fee back) Mine only had Battle Cat ($30 value)

re: Customs, they do not require you send them the complete package, so you are fine to open your parcel. You will need to send them all the labels (address label, charges label and customs form) with your invoice proving value of items and a covering letter to explain the parcel was valued wrongly and you want to claim the charge back.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    P.S. : international fans, ONCE AGAIN, are the victims of Mattel's inept marketing policies ! There should be AT LEAST another online store somewhere else on the planet where fans could buy these figures... The "one world" American e-business website won't help the popularity and the sales of MOTUC abroad, that's a fact.
    It's been more or less hinted at, that we don't count and our purchases make little difference to the success of the line. Right now I feel very disheartened with collecting these. Hopefully that feeling will pass when She-Ra is released. I've decided I'm passing on Evil Lyn. It's just not worth the hassle and frustration. I'll probs go the Ebay route for She-Ra.....
    Last edited by blackiecats; March 20, 2010 at 02:28pm.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Wait.... you got charged on both Battlecat and Trapjaw or were they in the same parcel? If so your parcel should have been marked as $50 (so you should only get a portion of the fee back) Mine only had Battle Cat ($30 value)

re: Customs, they do not require you send them the complete package, so you are fine to open your parcel. You will need to send them all the labels (address label, charges label and customs form) with your invoice proving value of items and a covering letter to explain the parcel was valued wrongly and you want to claim the charge back.

Hope this helps

Trapjaw and Battlecat were in the same parcel and part of the same order (non subscription). It had a value on the customs form of $80.

Do you need to send the original custom label, form etc or will a scan of it do?
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    Trapjaw and Battlecat were in the same parcel and part of the same order (non subscription). It had a value on the customs form of $80.

Do you need to send the original custom label, form etc or will a scan of it do?
    I would send all the original labels and documentation.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Heroic Warrior
    I think it's hit and miss. My box with two Battle Cats and two boxes of stands was labelled at $80 (just under the selling cost) and I didn't get charged any Customs this time. I'm still waiting for my two Trap Jaws and I expect I'll be charged handling and Customs for them. The variations in fees can depend on which carrier ends up handling the parcel.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

i just got the money back from DR. after having their automated response that it wasn't their problem, i posted it in the mattycollector forums in the customer section. around a day later the money was refunded (for the customs) from DR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    i just got the money back from DR. after having their automated response that it wasn't their problem, i posted it in the mattycollector forums in the customer section. around a day later the money was refunded (for the customs) from DR.
    What exactly did you post there? Did you put all your customs info and any personal info (eg address etc)?

Why Cant DR just mark it as a 'gift'?

I feel for you International fans, and I hope they get this squared away ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    Are you sure it wasn't the refund for the tax that was wrongly charged on Mossman?

theotherguy, I'm pretty sure that marking stuff as gift which isn't a gift is illegal. I know some companies do it, but everything associated with Mattel would have to be 100% above board.
    Last edited by byinfernoslight; March 21, 2010 at 12:26pm.

This happened to me as well, an incorrectly marked value of $80 meant I was hit with a $15.66 customs charge. Which is more than half the value of Battle Cat's actual $30 price! So much for saving on shipping with that coupon code Mattel was nice enough to send me, DR managed to eliminate the savings completely with a $45.66 total anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by byinfernoslight View Post
    Are you sure it wasn't the refund for the tax that was wrongly charged on Mossman?
    i just double checked this. no, i was not charged any sales tax etc and the order number they quoted was the battlecat one - and he didn't have any tax on him.

when i made my post i just included my order details and explained what happened and a picture from my phone of the incorrect customs declaration - i posted after i got the automated response back.

Did they refund it back onto your credit card? If you were using a screen name on that forum, how did they know who to refund it to and all your other personal details? Please post the link to the post you made. Thanks.

Just got my Battlecat, and yes it was marked as $80. That makes it the third parcel sent from DR that has been marked up incorrectly (12" Raj, 12" Ray, Battlecat). I have yet to receive a constructive answer from DR on this subject, and my chain of emails go back top when 12" Ray came out.

Court Magician
    My Battle Cat and stands were also wrongly declared at $80 had to pay £16.90 customs. I won't be buying any more of the larger figures form Matty.