Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Weaver in MOTUC - Official Discussion

Hybrid View

How would Shadow Weaver work as a figure.

I've been watching my She-Ra DVDs, to learn more about the charactes. I never really whached She-Ra as kid. I like many really want a Shadow Weaver figure, she was the one character that did catch my attention as a kid. But now that I've watched the cartoon more closely I was wondering how Matty would make her work as a figure. Her sleeves drap down and attach to each other in the back. How would that work in figure form? They only way I can think of would be with cloth but that would not fit with the rest of the figures in MOTUC. Do you think they would just make he sleeves seperate? Then how would they make them look good when her arms are both raised and by her side. There seems to be a lot of design issues the 4H would have to work out. I have no doubt that they could make her look great, and I hope they get the chance too. What does everyone else think?
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Maybe they'd do big sleeves on her arms, something like this...

The rest maybe done like a cape?
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Like Emiliano's design. I would like wire lining in the sharp "teeth" looking outline:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Emiliano's design looks amazing! However I would like her skirt to be one solid piece. I don't care about leg articulation for her as I'd rather have her look perfect.
    Last edited by mk476; March 19, 2010 at 10:31pm. Reason: took out pic

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    The same "problem" will have Sorceress (Filmation) with her winged dress.

I'd be ok if she came out as almost a staction just so she looks fantastic. Articulation with her is not an issue for me in any way, but I'm sure for some people it will be.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mk476 View Post
    Emiliano's design looks amazing! However I would like her skirt to be one solid piece. I don't care about leg articulation for her as I'd rather have her look perfect.
    I don't know...I think I'd like the ability to have her sit. She was always sitting in a Horde ship beside Hordak and I *think* she has a throne at Horror Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    The same "problem" will have Sorceress (Filmation) with her winged dress.
    Actually, Emiliano has an awesome design to solve that problem as well!:

Here's his album:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hp?albumid=216
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Shadow Weaver in MOTUC - Official Discussion

When / if Mattel obtain the rights to make a Shadow Weaver, what accessories should she come with?

We know MOTUC figures are meant to be packed with 2 accessories but is there anything that would suit Shadow Weaver? I cannot see the Weaver wielding a POP shield and comb-axe. Nor can I imagine her with the Horde crossbow.

My guess is to pack her with an Imp figure , plus a spell book.

Maybe a "Weaver un-masked" 2nd head?
    A wand or a staff? crystal ball? cauldron? Crystal Castle reliquary?

What accessory should be packed with the Weaver?

i think some type of wand or staff would be cool with Shadow Weaver.

I'd say the Dark Gem would be a natural accessory to include. I don't know if Marzo's amulet is sculpted onto his hand or a separate piece, but that'd be an easy thing to reuse if it's not part of his hand.

I'd love a book of spells, Imp, and a staff with her vulture/funky bird.

A swirl of transparent plastic smoke and maybe a book of spells.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

Quote Originally Posted by LostIt2Bostik View Post
    A swirl of transparent plastic smoke...
    Any type of plastic energy effects would be nice. Japan's been doing that for years.

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    A swirl of smoke would make an EXCELLENT base! I'd like her to come with a book, but more like the Book of Shadows from "Charmed", where it sits on its own stand. I agree 100% about Imp! Maybe just some wrist-attachable (a la Star Wars "force" effects) magic effects...hell, they can pack her with a firm-packed bale of horse "presents", and you know we'd all be lining up to buy her.
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosicrucian View Post
    I'd say the Dark Gem would be a natural accessory to include. I don't know if Marzo's amulet is sculpted onto his hand or a separate piece, but that'd be an easy thing to reuse if it's not part of his hand.
    It is a separate piece, and he has a place on the back of his belt to store it.

I like the idea of including a gemstone for SW to hold, but it deserves to be a new sculpt.

All these ideas are great as for a gem how about the one that was a mjor plot device in one of the funniest episodes of She-Ra: the Black Ruby?
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

I'd love replacement hands that are spell casting lightining bolts, or something like that!

Weapon? Invent her a staff. Those are popular with many of the trendiest of villains.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I love the concept of giving SW a wand, but I don't think she should be overly accessorized, especially since that doesn't seem to be the way she was portrayed.

A very distinctive wand would be great, along with a spell book, and maybe the vulture, and that would be great.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    What accessory should be packed with the Weaver?
    I know what I'd want: a lengthy comic starring Ms Weaver, and it should be by Val & Emiliano.
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

The staff from "The caregiver", orkos spell book (reuse), Shadow coils for hands, floating base, and styrax and perch. Perfect accessories for this character and all have revelence to her past, I love it

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    book of spells, wand, smoke, blue imp. secret item

She isn't going to cost a huge amount. She will likely use the Marlena buck, with a new dress and cape/shawl (the armor/skirts/dresses, etc. Are FAR cheaper to tool and produce than buck pieces or heads for some reason).

They could afford:

Interchangeable hands (both sides); book of spells (at worst, reuse the Orko one), mist coils, and Styrax.

They NEED to go all out on this figure. It's the first time she's being made, AND she's likely the most requested MOTU figure EVER.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    If Mattel can do THIS in Batman Legacy Wave 2 and package Batman with Bat-Mite...

...then they should be able to package Imp with Shadow Weaver, assuming that Weaver doesn't come with anything else.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    And I agree with the wands and Imp... but maybe Imp could be released on its own along with Filmation color Hordak, and since my hope for Shadow Weaver is to have her with a hinged dress like in my sketch, maybe we could just get one of Imp's transformation as a single piece (less expensive!)
    Stop being reasonable and intelligent. LoL

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    If Mattel can do THIS in Batman Legacy Wave 2 and package Batman with Bat-Mite...
    CATMAN?!?! I thought he was just a rumor!!! He looks amazing!!!!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I want both of her hands to be open so I'm not bothered about a wand. Interchangeable hands would be nice for those that want them but I wont be upset if they save the tooling dollars for better accessories.

Styrax with perch would be amazing. A Spell book with stand would also be very nice. Maybe one large stand that could hold the book but also had a perch for Styrax?

Imp could be saved for another figure...filmation Hordak is a good idea or a less popular horde member. He could even come packaged with Kowl and/or Loo-Kee.