Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Weaver in MOTUC - Official Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post

And again, I don't understand how the limitation of the female figure doesn't ignite more discussion / outrage around here, especially given how much discussion minor problems such as unflocked / flocked ears sparkled.
    Other then a swivel waist I don't think they females need more articulation. The Marvel Legends and DCUC females look awful with all the joints, IMO. I dislike the ab crunch the most with female. I want the figure to look good not move more. I was happy as a kid to play with Star Wars figures that had 5 points of articulation. As an adult I play with them even less so I don't need all the articulation. I totally understand characters like Spiderman needing the joints to get him in "spider" poises. I do hope that She-ra will be able to ride Swift Wind (assuming he gets made).
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Shadow Weaver in MOTUC - Official Discussion

When / if Mattel obtain the rights to make a Shadow Weaver, what accessories should she come with?

We know MOTUC figures are meant to be packed with 2 accessories but is there anything that would suit Shadow Weaver? I cannot see the Weaver wielding a POP shield and comb-axe. Nor can I imagine her with the Horde crossbow.

My guess is to pack her with an Imp figure , plus a spell book.

Maybe a "Weaver un-masked" 2nd head?
    A wand or a staff? crystal ball? cauldron? Crystal Castle reliquary?

What accessory should be packed with the Weaver?

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Other then a swivel waist I don't think they females need more articulation. The Marvel Legends and DCUC females look awful with all the joints, IMO. I dislike the ab crunch the most with female. I want the figure to look good not move more. I was happy as a kid to play with Star Wars figures that had 5 points of articulation. As an adult I play with them even less so I don't need all the articulation. I totally understand characters like Spiderman needing the joints to get him in "spider" poises. I do hope that She-ra will be able to ride Swift Wind (assuming he gets made).
    I know you don't mean it that way and I TOTALLY get what you're saying about some toys having too many points of articulations, but there's a odd kind of sexism in that old argument that 'female figures' look better with less articulation. Why would a point of articulation located in the lower abdomen look different on a woman than on a man? We have the same stomach, haven't we?

It sounds as if a lot of people would rather buy a female figure that's sexy and nice to look at even if that's at the expense of its overall qualities as a multi-jointed figure; which is basically what you expressed when you wrote 'I want the figure to look good and not move more'.

Again, I'm not attacking you, and besides I've seen this point raised many times before on this board. I do think it's a kind of sexism though, that we collectors who are predominantly guys never really labelled the abcrunch on 'male' action figures as a problem, but feel that it is unsighlty on 'females'.

Again, imagine if He-man's torso was made of one solid chunk of plastic, unable to move his waist or even sit. People would be so mad at Mattel!!! People would say 'hey this isn't a toy, it's a statue'.

And yet Teela, Green Goddess and now She-ra all suffer from that lack of articulation and not many voices have been raised about these flaws.

There were some really ugly figures with too many joints, sure, but if you look at some of the late Toybizz Marvel Legend figures like Psylocke or Xtreme X-men Rogue, not only their ab crunch were different, but it was fully integrated in the sculpt and these figures are really good looking and, hm, sexy. And yet they still retain their ability to be fully poseable.

The bad example is the first Marvel Legend female buck, the 'Elektra' figure... It looks as someone once wrote that she fell from a tree and hit every branch on her way down. Her 'cheeks' would turn and it looked as if her derriere was in front of her in a sick, 'Death Becomes her' Meryl Streep way. But again, that didn't prevent Toybizz from making really cool females after that. (Storm, Psylocke, etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

i think some type of wand or staff would be cool with Shadow Weaver.

I'd say the Dark Gem would be a natural accessory to include. I don't know if Marzo's amulet is sculpted onto his hand or a separate piece, but that'd be an easy thing to reuse if it's not part of his hand.

I'd love a book of spells, Imp, and a staff with her vulture/funky bird.

A swirl of transparent plastic smoke and maybe a book of spells.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

Quote Originally Posted by LostIt2Bostik View Post
    A swirl of transparent plastic smoke...
    Any type of plastic energy effects would be nice. Japan's been doing that for years.

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    A swirl of smoke would make an EXCELLENT base! I'd like her to come with a book, but more like the Book of Shadows from "Charmed", where it sits on its own stand. I agree 100% about Imp! Maybe just some wrist-attachable (a la Star Wars "force" effects) magic effects...hell, they can pack her with a firm-packed bale of horse "presents", and you know we'd all be lining up to buy her.
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

The black smoke would be awesome.

The smoke would be cool. A "Weaver unmasked" head would NOT be cool. Not knowing what she actually looks like is part of the character.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Transparent "floating" base/stand, black magic smoke affect, and spell book. The stand is the most important accessorie for Weaver as she was never shown standing but always floating.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull_Khan View Post
    Any type of plastic energy effects would be nice. Japan's been doing that for years.
    Are you suggesting you want some sort of evil hyper-detailed anime thing?

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    The smoke would be cool. A "Weaver unmasked" head would NOT be cool. Not knowing what she actually looks like is part of the character.
    Agreed. What about a head with "glowing" red eyes? (would light-piping be out of the question for that, I wonder...)

I've personally found light-piping to look really weird on non-mechanical toys.

Of course, they could break out the glow in the dark plastic/paint again...

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Well, I was thinking of the light-piping for a secondary head, with the yellow-eyes head not incorporating it (just for a pair of small paint apps, a whole alternate head doesn't seem worth it. Maybe if the black area plugged in - like toy-head She-Ra's mask - they could use glow in the dark red paint on an alternate version of that).

I want:

-her eyes to glow in the dark (green glow in the dark paint is fine, IF they can apply it well)

-her book of spells on a stand (yes, Mattel can afford this, plus Teela and Evil-Lyn both come with stands for their birds, so...)

-Imp (GREAT idea, and doable since they'd have to have the Filmation rights in the first place... but he should be a combo of cartoon and new gritty motuc style)

-transluscent black power swirl that can be fastened to the hands/wrists

Thesea are all reasonable requests.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosicrucian View Post
    I've personally found light-piping to look really weird on non-mechanical toys.

Of course, they could break out the glow in the dark plastic/paint again...
    YES to glow in the dark eyes!

A dark smoke base for Weaver to 'levitate' on would be fantastic!
    Also liking the spell book & stand concept!
    Last edited by Swanmarsh; March 22, 2010 at 09:46pm.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I want:

-her eyes to glow in the dark (green glow in the dark paint is fine, IF they can apply it well)

-her book of spells on a stand (yes, Mattel can afford this, plus Teela and Evil-Lyn both come with stands for their birds, so...)

-Imp (GREAT idea, and doable since they'd have to have the Filmation rights in the first place... but he should be a combo of cartoon and new gritty motuc style)

-transluscent black power swirl that can be fastened to the hands/wrists

Thesea are all reasonable requests.
    I like all these ideas...but her eyes should be yellow. Her skin is green though:

I also want her bird Syrax or Styrax:

From here: http://www.darah.com/she-ra/usrg/evi...eaversyrax.asp

Last wish...her wand (picture's in another thread). She uses it to steal Glimmer's light magic.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

She looks like she might be the kind of person who carries a curved, jagged dagger around, though they could never show such a thing on the cartoon.

They could clone the one that came with the 200x Evil-Lyn, with red enhancements to match her overall color scheme.
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

Wow, didn't know she actually had a bird, so that's actually cool. I'd also like the GITD eyes, and a spell book as well.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Found the picture of the wand I was talking about!

Last edited by Darkspecter; March 23, 2010 at 12:18am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

The bird and the wand, save Imp for a Filmations color Hordak
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I think she should be the first deluxe figure and come with lots of accessories.

Spellbook on stand, magic staff, shadow coils, removeable shadow base to give her a floating effect, magic crystal, potion bottle, a familiar of some kind, magic wand, sacrificial dagger....
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

So pleased someone mentioned Styrax! Considering they have the mold used for Zoar and Screeech, Styrax would be an easy win...

Love the idea of smoke- or more specifically her Shadow Coils- or perhaps a lightning-bolt shaped weapon.

I never liked her wand from 'The Caregiver'- it always seemed a bit generic and is nothing spectacular...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

I would say Imp and the spell book