Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Weaver in MOTUC - Official Discussion

Maybe a spell book or a mini replica of Castle Brightmoon as she had in the Crystal castle. The black smoke would be cool but I dunno how it could be done in way which collectors could use it.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    So pleased someone mentioned Styrax! Considering they have the mold used for Zoar and Screeech, Styrax would be an easy win...
    Not really - they're vaguely falcon-like birds. Styrax is a very different shape - closer to a vulture, really...

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Not really - they're vaguely falcon-like birds. Styrax is a very different shape - closer to a vulture, really...
    Couldn't they use 90% Zoar/Screeech mold and just fashion a new vulture neck and Styrax head? Shouldn't cost too much more, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Wouldn't be too bothered to be honest - such an obscure character that I'd like to be included, but I doubt a unique sculpt is on the cards...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Quote Originally Posted by Rosicrucian View Post
    I'd say the Dark Gem would be a natural accessory to include. I don't know if Marzo's amulet is sculpted onto his hand or a separate piece, but that'd be an easy thing to reuse if it's not part of his hand.
    It is a separate piece, and he has a place on the back of his belt to store it.

I like the idea of including a gemstone for SW to hold, but it deserves to be a new sculpt.

All these ideas are great as for a gem how about the one that was a mjor plot device in one of the funniest episodes of She-Ra: the Black Ruby?
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

For me the staff Filmation, and the book of magic!

Some of these suggestions raise the issue of whether Weaver will need interchangable hands? The lack of this is one of the disappointments with Evil Lyn

- spell casting hands
    - weapon/accessory holding hands? (i.e. for gem, wand, spell book, etc)

I hope her hands are both open in a spell casting pose. A floating stand would be nice but I don't think she needs any other accessory. She will need a decent amount of new tooling so I'm cool if she is low on accessories. Otherwise. pack her with "secret accessories" like the toy She-Ra sword or something similar.

I'd love replacement hands that are spell casting lightining bolts, or something like that!

Weapon? Invent her a staff. Those are popular with many of the trendiest of villains.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I love the concept of giving SW a wand, but I don't think she should be overly accessorized, especially since that doesn't seem to be the way she was portrayed.

A very distinctive wand would be great, along with a spell book, and maybe the vulture, and that would be great.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    What accessory should be packed with the Weaver?
    I know what I'd want: a lengthy comic starring Ms Weaver, and it should be by Val & Emiliano.
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

The staff from "The caregiver", orkos spell book (reuse), Shadow coils for hands, floating base, and styrax and perch. Perfect accessories for this character and all have revelence to her past, I love it

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    book of spells, wand, smoke, blue imp. secret item

She isn't going to cost a huge amount. She will likely use the Marlena buck, with a new dress and cape/shawl (the armor/skirts/dresses, etc. Are FAR cheaper to tool and produce than buck pieces or heads for some reason).

They could afford:

Interchangeable hands (both sides); book of spells (at worst, reuse the Orko one), mist coils, and Styrax.

They NEED to go all out on this figure. It's the first time she's being made, AND she's likely the most requested MOTU figure EVER.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    The Poison of Kandahar!1!

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    All great ideas but the book of spells is a must. As mentioned on a stand would be even better.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

didn't she have a magic mirror as well?

That Filmation staff would be sweet but I'd like two open spell casting hands so not sure how she'd hold it unless they gave her a swappable hand.
    Her book of spells and Styrax would also be great.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

And I agree with the wands and Imp... but maybe Imp could be released on its own along with Filmation color Hordak, and since my hope for Shadow Weaver is to have her with a hinged dress like in my old sketch, maybe we could just get one of Imp's transformation as a single piece (less expensive!)

If Queen Marlena turns out good with her dress swap, I wouldn't mind Shadow Weaver coming with the parts to swap out and become Light Spinner!
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!

I think shadow weaver should come with the filmation wand or the staff she had in the 200x concept comic art. for syrax they could use the zoar mold and then wrap a seperate peice around his neck to give the vulture feel. I picture it to look something like the DC beast boy green bird with something like a green pipe cleaner wrapped around it's neck.

I want the wand from Filmation (that Darkspecter posted a pic of), Syrax, and the Book of Eldritch Spells with a stand - in interchangable hands.
    Last edited by Kevenn; June 29, 2011 at 10:55am.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    For me a flying stand to give her the floating effect is a must (like orko's one but shorter and completely translucent).

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    If Mattel can do THIS in Batman Legacy Wave 2 and package Batman with Bat-Mite...

...then they should be able to package Imp with Shadow Weaver, assuming that Weaver doesn't come with anything else.