Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Shadow Weaver in MOTUC - Official Discussion

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I'd be interested in knowing how many people cancel after receiving Shadow Weaver. It seems that hard to cancel a sub short of closing your credit card which is not good for your credit score. Although DR does seem to be on a cancelling subs kick at the moment, even if you don't want your sub cancelled.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they push the 2013 exclusive figure to June instead of FEB if they notice a ton of sub cancellations after ppl recieve SW.

I'm really curious to see how fast the Sorceress and Fisto sell out this month. They should be very popular and a true test for how many figures Mattel is producing above and beyond the subscription numbers. With no re-releases for the figures going forward I am thinking it could get interesting and maybe it will push subscription sales for 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    I'm really curious to see how fast the Sorceress and Fisto sell out this month. They should be very popular and a true test for how many figures Mattel is producing above and beyond the subscription numbers. With no re-releases for the figures going forward I am thinking it could get interesting and maybe it will push subscription sales for 2013.
    TG said they made extra Sorceress figures so I expect Fisto to sell out first and be a better judge of what you are saying there than Sorceress.

I hope a lot of people cancel their subs after getting SW, that'll show mattel to pull such a dirty tactic

I know 3 people on messenger that will do just that, and matty deserves it. It's not even hard, people are getting their subs cancelled all over.
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Quote Originally Posted by Romer View Post
    I hope a lot of people cancel their subs after getting SW, that'll show mattel to pull such a dirty tactic

I know 3 people on messenger that will do just that, and matty deserves it. It's not even hard, people are getting their subs cancelled all over.
    That is the way to show Matty. Hopefully so many people cancel their subs that the line isn't profitable for 2012 and the whole line gets scrapped for 2013. That'll show mean old Mattel

If the line isn't profitable anymore, it's their own fault.

Nice going with all the star sisters in January and forcing people to get subs for a highly requested character.

If the line ends, the line ends, life goes on.
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Quote Originally Posted by Romer View Post

That's just wrong. Agree to buy a year's worth of product and then back out once you get the exclusive. All that shows is how dishonest a person is and how little their word actually means. Great character those people have.

Yeah but mattel's words, those sure are worthy, they say one thing, it's a lie, they say something else, it never happens. Then they blame the "fans" about everything.

If I had a sub, I'd do it, it's not an orphanage with whom we are dealing, it's a billionaire company that sells figures with exploding crotches and takes 3 years to offer a refund.

I wouldn't shed a single tear if the line ended in 2013 because of mattel's poor practices.

it's not an orphanage with whom we are dealing, it's a billionaire company that sells figures with exploding crotches and takes 3 years to offer a refund.
    I actually LOLed at that, and pretty hard! Exploding crotches...

Quote Originally Posted by zodach View Post
    that's just wrong. Agree to buy a year's worth of product and then back out once you get the exclusive. All that shows is how dishonest a person is and how little their word actually means. Great character those people have.
    i agree it speaks volumes for some peoples character. If people really do this i think matty should show the exclusive at sdcc but not send it out until fourth quarter.
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar

I'm surprised at how people feel bad for a multi-billionaire company, but not for fans that have to resort to a secondary market, and spend 60$-150$ on a figure that they have wanted for 20 years, a figure that could have easily been a monthly release.

You people must hate Robin Hood, ha ha.

While I don't condone the action of Cancelling the subs after getting the exclusive, I won't condemn those who want to quit After Weaver. (While the maneuver may seem sneaky, Weaver is NOT a freebie. Subscribers pay for her when they order the sub) Besides DR is an expert at cancelling subs with the customers not wanting to cancel.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    While I don't condone the action of Cancelling the subs after getting the exclusive, I won't condemn those who want to quit After Weaver. (While the maneuver may seem sneaky, Weaver is NOT a freebie. Subscribers pay for her when they order the sub) Besides DR is an expert at cancelling subs with the customers not wanting to cancel.
    Agreed. If someone signed up in July with the express intent to cancel after Weaver, that's one thing. At this point, with the never-ending-wish-it-was-a-comedy-of-errors of the last few months (and basically all the pratfalls they have pretty much been making consistently since SDCC), I don't blame anyone for bailing ship. They are so so so lucky that this "let's cancel people's subs and tell them they requested it" stuff happened pre-Weaver. Just like a lot of moves, I do not understand why they put Weaver in Feb - so should have been March, at least. I think it was a "let's please people with good news" in the middle of the crap storm and I think it will prove a bad decision on their part.

On a separate but related topic, I do not encourage anyone to cancel their cards for this (I want a 2013 sub, too! I hope people stick it out.), but I do feel I should correct some misinformation I saw earlier in the thread. Cancelling a credit card does not automatically hurt your credit. The only time it does is if a) it's your oldest open account, or b) if it's a significant portion of your total available credit. So if it's your oldest card, then it could, or if you have a total of $5000 in open credit cards, and that one card is $3000 of it and/or all your other cards are maxxed (so your ratio of open credit vs. debit goes way out of whack).

Heroic Warrior
    I'm waiting, until this Shadow Weaver hype is over. It's the same with Catra, she was also mentioned a billion times in threads and since fans got her, nobody speaks of her anymore.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I'm waiting, until this Shadow Weaver hype is over. It's the same with Catra, she was also mentioned a billion times in threads and since fans got her, nobody speaks of her anymore.
    That's because Catra was perfect. So is Weaver. Here it seems that people would rather talk about the chaacters they don't like or the imperfections they find!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    That's because Catra was perfect. So is Weaver. Here it seems that people would rather talk about the chaacters they don't like or the imperfections they find!
    Yeah, when we get Kobra Khan & Fisto, they'll be forgotten in a short time. Not the Sorceress with her drums

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    A massive part of the SW's hype comes from her lack of availability. I'm not sure how Catra, who was produced 100X over + falls in to the same category......

I'd have to agree
    Catra had a vintage toy (and even variants)....we never got a SW...so this is her first figure apperance.
    Then there is the limited production of her.
    Fan demand+ 25 years of waiting + limited quantities = expensive figure!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I hope this line goes for a few more years. I know there are fans out there just waiting for the line to end so they can say "we told you so". I am a fan of motu and want nothing more than it to keep on truckin'

Either way if it ends at the end of 2012 we will have an enormous collection and I will always think of it as the most sucessful motu line of the 3.

If people are up
    set about having to get on the phone a few times to clarify a few things with dr (me included) then try going from store to store not finding the figures you are looking for. At least we have a rough idea when and what we are getting month to month.

I'm very happy and proud of my collection and can't wait to see what the rest of 2012 has in store!!

Shadow weaver rocks too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    A massive part of the SW's hype comes from her lack of availability. I'm not sure how Catra, who was produced 100X over + falls in to the same category......
    For me, it's because Catra had a radically different cartoon appearance than her toy. Much moreso than the rest of the PoP characters. I wanted a figure of Catra the way she was seen in the cartoon when i was a kid *almost* bad as I wanted a Shadow Weaver. I think that's where the hype comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    That's just wrong. Agree to buy a year's worth of product and then back out once you get the exclusive. All that shows is how dishonest a person is and how little their word actually means. Great character those people have.
    If people start doing such a dishonest & stupid thing as Romer suggests then Mattel could take leagal action agaist said people. You can't just cancel your subscription you would need to screw up your card info and then Mattel could ban you from even being able to order anything from their site. Also Scott reads the forums here and other places so if subs get canselled after getting Shadow weaver mattel will have info to back up breach of the contract you agreed to by signing up for the years worth of product.
    Last edited by mjw41; February 2, 2012 at 10:05pm.

Pfft is neither that hard, nor that dishonest, geez such drama. Oh poor little mattel, crying in a pile of money, ha ha ha.

I've only ever bought directly from matty once, they can ban me if they want, I like to buy figures knowing ahead that they don't have two left feet and such, so i do it from a secondary market.

What else could they do, extradite me because I couldn't pay 30$ for a toy?, seriously?.

Please save this discussion for another thread. This thread is about Shadow Weaver, not whether or not it's illegal/immoral/dishonest to bail out on an agreement to purchase a year's worth of toys.

Thanks!

Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Support the Shadow Weaver variant poll for people who can't afford a regular one:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...02#post3030102

update:

I just saw an episode of Bravestarr where Vipra use a very powerful book that resembles the Shadow Weaver book!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    I just saw an episode of Bravestarr where Vipra use a very powerful book that resembles the Shadow Weaver book!
    http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/528...tusamebook.jpg
    Well the 2 shows are linked in more than one way....maybe Vipra was part of the same coven as Light Weaver, or maybe Vipra is ex Horde, and you never heard about it....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!