Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to make the Create-a-character contest Worldwide

Petition to make the Create-a-character contest Worldwide

I cannot express how gutted I am at the announcement that the Create-a-character contest is only open to US residents!
    I have been waiting for something like this for so long and now to have it so close at hand only to be kicked in the teeth by Mattel.
    This is is the thanks we global fans get for all our hard earned cash and devotion to Masters of the Universe??

I implore Mattel to please allow the international community to take part in this contest.

I really don't buy the "rules and regulations for contests vary dramatically from country to country" excuse

We support you, why can't you support us?

Who supports this plea?
    Last edited by oICEMANo; July 22, 2011 at 05:31pm.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Who supports this plea?
    I. support this. Absolutely and implicitly!!!!!!!!!
    That not fair. It´s gonna be so much fun to do!
    action features for action figures!

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    iceman my friend, we've know each other most of time on this board, you really expect mattel to care about the international fans
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

I intend to make a lot of noise on this subject. Anyone who knows me and what I do on these boards will understand why I have to try.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Warrior
    Count me in!
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

I'm actually quite surprised that Canada is NOT a part of the contest (save for Quebec due to contest legalities - provincial stuff.) I do believe our copyright laws mirror the US in this regard.

I do understand why it's internationally impossible though (ie. Germany, etc.) It sucks though.

Regardless... SIGNED!
    Last edited by Sllohcin; July 22, 2011 at 06:30pm.
    "A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

My DeviantART

Signed!!! Its not fair that it can be international but I understand the reasnoing behind it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rassilon View Post
    Signed!!! Its not fair that it can be international but I understand the reasnoing behind it!
    what is it? sorry for the dumb question, but i need to know it exactely, if you´re so kind!
    action features for action figures!

I wish us, the International fans, could take part. However, I am pretty certain this will not change. Mattel legal has made its decision and I can't see them changing their mind as it would require a lot legal work just to include all EU countries, let alone rest of the world.

We deserve an explanation...

Even if I doubt I would participate in this contest if I could (wich is no the case since I live in France) but I don't really understand why such a limitation exists.

@Sllohcin : You seem to know why such a limitation exists, I would be interested in having the explanation.

Anyway, I sign in the name of all the international fans

Quote Originally Posted by Khror View Post
    Even if I doubt I would participate in this contest if I could (wich is no the case since I live in France) but I don't really understand why such a limitation exists.

@Sllohcin : You seem to know why such a limitation exists, I would be interested in having the explanation.

Anyway, I sign in the name of all the international fans
    Copyright laws are different in different Countries due to the interpretation of exclusivity rights and ownership, etc. Mattel could have a Worldwide contest but some Countries would not necessarily have to "honour" (or whatever word best fits) the terms because they don't interpret things the same way. It's a legal mess mostly because Mattel is to own all the entries.

My DeviantART

In addition to what Sllochin said, I think it has a lot to do with the fact that it's not just an art contest. They are going to create a figure of the art and sell it for profit. That's where it gets sticky methinks.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    In addition to what Sllochin said, I think it has a lot to do with the fact that it's not just an art contest. They are going to create a figure of the art and sell it for profit. That's where it gets sticky methinks.
    Yessireebob.

My DeviantART

Yes !!! I'd like to enter as well. This could be so much fun and it's not fair to be left out of the competition.

And this also means Emiliano won't be able to enter something and that would be a darn shame !!!
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    SIGNED! We have to be able to get in on this somehow! C'mon Mattel! I know "logistics" scare you, but stop being so darn lazy and put in the work to make this happen. C'mon, c'mon, c'mooooooooooooooooooooooon!
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    I cannot express how gutted I am at the announcement that the Create-a-character contest is only open to US residents!
    I have been waiting for something like this for so long and now to have it so close at hand only to be kicked in the teeth by Mattel.
    This is is the thanks we global fans get for all our hard earned cash and devotion to Masters of the Universe??

I implore Mattel to please allow the international community to take part in this contest.

I really don't buy the "rules and regulations for contests vary dramatically from country to country" excuse

We support you, why can't you support us?

Who supports this plea?
    I'm with you!
    We do many sacrifices to support the line, as you said and this is a big injustice!

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Yes !!! I'd like to enter as well. This could be so much fun and it's not fair to be left out of the competition.

And this also means Emiliano won't be able to enter something and that would be a darn shame !!!
    I really don't think he wish, but you never know...
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-´

That's not an excuse it's a fact. That, and international copyright problems. This isn't some Hollywood-ized evil coporate plot on Mattel's part. I guarantee they would love to open this contest to as many people as they possibly can. If you really want this to change, you should start making noise at your country's government. Still I wish you luck.
    Good Trades with: MOTU_Maniac, bmoore, Riddle of Steel, sandrockgundam04, Brian Ozone, and blue monkey.

Signed. I feel bad that one of the major announcements doesn't even apply to all you international folks.

Heroic Warrior
    I also think the contest should be world wide. They sell their figures world wide...

***** One way around this would be if you know someone in the US have them submit it for you.

***** OR I'm sure someone on here would do it for you.

some of our best MOTU artists are from overseas, i want to see what these guys can do. Come on Mattel figure out a work around!
    the ignore list is my new best friend

What if I draw a character, send it to my brother who lives in the states and ask him to enter it, would that count ?
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

What if I draw a character, send it to my brother who lives in the states and ask him to enter it, would that count ?

Im guessing your brother would have to enter under his name

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    Im guessing your brother would have to enter under his name
    I'm fine with that

I'm fine with that
    then id say you would be ok