Thread: Shouldn't Wundar have to 2 half swords?

Court Magician

Shouldn't Wundar have to 2 half swords?

If Wundar is task w/ guarding the two halves of the sword of He and keeping them apart, then shouldn't he come w/ two half swords like Keldor?

The figure so far comes w/ a completed Powersword and half sword.

So I guess that means he either hid the other half so well that even he doesn't know where it is...... Or he just ignored the Green Goddess and united the two halves anyway.

You'll find rather early on that very little of the placement of the Power Sword in the toys is going to make sense, and that goes for the vintage ones too.

For example if Keldor has both halves of the Power Sword when he attacks Randor, why the deuce is he searching for them later? Is he just kicking himself for misplacing one?

Quote Originally Posted by demonknight View Post
    If Wundar is task w/ guarding the two halves of the sword of He and keeping them apart, then shouldn't he come w/ two half swords like Keldor?

The figure so far comes w/ a completed Powersword and half sword.

So I guess that means he either hid the other half so well that even he doesn't know where it is...... Or he just ignored the Green Goddess and united the two halves anyway.
    Wun-Dar never even set eyes on the 2 hidden haves of the power sword, his sword IS NOT the power sword.

I hope they don't follow logic when determining who gets swords. That's why the DCUC vs MOTUC He-Man only has his axe.

The more swords, the better. And every version of He-Man should come with his sword. It's in the MOTU Ten Commandments.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Wun-Dar never even set eyes on the 2 hidden haves of the power sword, his sword IS NOT the power sword.
    According to the info release by Mattel on Wundar's Mattycollector page he comes w/ Sword of Power™ & Half Power Sword«.

I think it would be more appropriate for him to come w/ two Half Power Swords like Keldor.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosicrucian View Post
    You'll find rather early on that very little of the placement of the Power Sword in the toys is going to make sense, and that goes for the vintage ones too.

For example if Keldor has both halves of the Power Sword when he attacks Randor, why the deuce is he searching for them later? Is he just kicking himself for misplacing one?
    I know the old toys didn't make a lot of sense, but I thought MOTUC was supposed to succesfully meld all continuities together to form one cohesive time-line.

Maybe Keldor didn't really know what he had when he was fighting Captain Randor.

Maybe he lost them in his fight w/ Randor.

Was he really looking for the Power Sword later? I only remember Skeletor trying to get into Castle Grayskull (in Filmation & MYP). Only in NA was Skeletor interested in He-Man's Power Sword.
    Last edited by demonknight; March 27, 2010 at 03:57pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

According to the info release by Mattel on Wundar's Mattycollector page he comes w/ Sword of Power™ & Half Power Sword«.

I think it would be more appropriate for him to come w/ two Half Power Swords like Keldor.

Maybe Keldor didn't really know what he had when he was fighting Captain Randor.

Maybe he lost them in his fight w/ Randor.

Was he really looking for the Power Sword later? I only remember Skeletor trying to get into Castle Grayskull (in Filmation & MYP). Only in NA was Skeletor interested in He-Man's Power Sword.
    Keldor`s sword isn`t the sword of power either, Mattel can claim what they want in their figure description but the bio says otherwise Niether one of those 2 figure have the "real" sword of power, the 2 halves are hidden away somewhere waiting for Prince Adam and Princess Adora to be born

In much of the early stuff, you needed both halves of the Power Sword to open the Jaw Bridge.

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ...I'm honestly of the opinion that the Keldor figure actually only has ONE half of the sword, which he manifests a a pair for purposes of his dual-blade fighting! Keeping in mind that the seperate halves of the sword actually appear as a full blade when seperate, this makes the most sense to me...

I'm thinking that Keldor actually had both halves at the point of his battle against Randor but lost at least one half when he was wounded.

Now, as far as why Wun-Dar (and anyone who really wields only one half of the sword at a time), here's my reasoning: The half sword toys don't work quite as well as an actual accessory as a whole sword toy. Also, when anyone in-story ever used a half-sword, it did not appear to be cut in half at all-it actually looked quite a bit like a whole sword. Wun-Dar may only be wielding one half of the sword, while preventing the discovery of the other.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Wun-Dar may only be wielding one half of the sword, while preventing the discovery of the other.
    Exactly. It would actually make more sense for him NOT to carry both halves, because if someone defeats him, bam, they've got the whole sword. If he hides one in a safe place and carries one, then someone can't get the whole thing straight away
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

If he is weilding the two halves of the power sword then this has to be the case - otherwise, why would he fight with the two halves separated when, combined, they are much more powerful.

Didn't the Goddess and Wun-Dar bury one half of the power sword deep into the stone peak of Avion while Wun-Dar used the second half, which the Goddess later buried beneath Wun-dar's house upon his death?

The other half is hidden in that big loaf of bread.
    Like a file in a prison birthday cake.
    Up, Up, & Away!
    The Amazing Brian-Man of SpyMonkey Creations Inc.
    President & Founder of the Plundor Appreciation League

Quote Originally Posted by Brian-Man View Post
    The other half is hidden in that big loaf of bread.
    Like a file in a prison birthday cake.
    hidden in the hardest rock on Eternia: stale Wonder Bread!

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Guess what?!!?? No one at Mattel knows what they're doing and no one there really cares *GASP!!*

Poor ToyGuru has to make up excuses for why this line is being handled in its craptacular way and thus not bite the hand that's feeding him

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    Guess what?!!?? No one at Mattel knows what they're doing and no one there really cares *GASP!!*

Poor ToyGuru has to make up excuses for why this line is being handled in its craptacular way and thus not bite the hand that's feeding him
    It definitly seems that way sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Keldor`s sword isn`t the sword of power either, Mattel can claim what they want in their figure description but the bio says otherwise Niether one of those 2 figure have the "real" sword of power, the 2 halves are hidden away somewhere waiting for Prince Adam and Princess Adora to be born
    You're completely right actually, Toyguru already confirmed Keldor's swords are not the sword of He.

They just didn't want to spend money on the tooling for 2 new swords.
    Last edited by demonknight; March 30, 2010 at 06:29pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    In my personal canon Wun-Dar wields both halves of the Sword until his death, upon which time the Goddess decides to split the swords to prevent the combined power of the Sword of He from falling into the wrong hands.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    the posts in here are too funny!

you all got it wrong, the evil flying monkeys took the other half to the wicked witch of the west.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

To me Wun-Dar's Black Power Sword is the fully-combined Power Sword of He. The Sorceress gives Wun-Dar the full sword. When separated the sword becomes the Silver/Gray Power Sword (He-Man's) & the Purple Power Sword (Skeletor's). Wun-Dar uses the full sword while he's alive, then upon his death, the Sorceress splits the sword again and hides them to protect them.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post
    the posts in here are too funny!

you all got it wrong, the evil flying monkeys took the other half to the wicked witch of the west.

=)
    why would Stratos' people steal the other half of the power sword and give it to the Enchantress???