Thread: What do you want to see in the remaining Vintage figures?

Heroic Warrior

What do you want to see in the remaining Vintage figures?

There are now 12 unseen remaining Vintage figures (variants included). What are some of the things - be it design-wise, features, details, accessories, etc. - do you want to see in them when they get revealed?

1. Rotar - 2-pack with #2. While I'd love every Vintage character to have their own packaging, it's already too late for that desire thanks to the likes of Prince Adam and the Rock Warriors. I'm definitely in the "no legs" group; I just feel it misses the point of the characters, Rotar especially. I really want to see Twistoid taken to the nines design-wise, with all the robotics and circuitry. Perhaps their original stands/bases could be reworked into shields, with Twistoid's having the two detachable blades. Curious how they're going to handle incorporating neck joints.

2. Twistoid - See above

3. Saurod - Something tells me this may end up being a strong all-time top ten contender. Between all the scales and the detail in armor, and what we've already seen in Blade and Gwildor, this will be a 4H home run. Once the design-team comes in, though... - I'm just hoping they opt for a new torso with the armor sculpted on. I just don't see that design translating well into standard MOTUC removable armor. If they insist on it being separate from the buck, at least make it non-removable and as close against the sculpt as it can get. Also hoping the only accessory he comes with is that tiny gun; that way they can keep the budget for the complicated paint apps the figure needs instead of something unnecessarily like a spark/flame effect.

4. Dragstor - Definitely would like to see the original's ripcord re-worked into some sort of whip. Kinda lean toward the "no working wheel" camp, but I wouldn't mind either way.

5. Multi-Bot - I really wish there is a way for them to include the Filmation version's heads as well, but I know it's probably unlikely. Then again, since his parts aren't necessarily the same as we saw with Modulok (as Multi-Bot has two bucks), so maybe we could really strike out and get the mini-comic heads as well. I can dream.

6. Sssqueeze - I wouldn't mind detachable normal-length and elongated arms in honor of his 200x reworking, but I'd like even more if his oversized hands were detachable as well, with a pair of partially-closed "weapon holding" hands and a pair of palm-open ones with the little mouths. Hope they go the sculpted route instead of bendy with the arms, and if so, include one small clear stand to rest one of his elongated arms on so the figure can better balance.

7. Blast Attak - Not sure I want a pull-apart Blast Attak that replicates the original feature. Not out of concern with marketing a suicide bomber toy (though I certainly recognize that it can be taken that way), but I'm just not confident enough the design team can pull it off this late in the game, with such a unique need for one-time, untested design. Not sure what they could re-work the Vintage's cord into, guess another whip? I also really hope his bio integrates the brainless Snake Man robot creation and the STAR Comics' more cognizant, quite-belligerent tough guy and involuntary Skeletor henchman into one being.

8. Flying Fists He-Man - I...don't really have much I can ask for on this one, it's sort of the Vintage MOTU figure I always forget exists. Not that I hate him, I just don't have anything to add.

9. Laser Power He-Man - I just hope that giant back-pack will be detachable/removable. Since the original version had a very different head sculpt from all previous He-Man figures, I wonder if we can expect a new one here as well. Wonder if the "M" on his belt will survive.

10. Terror Claws Skeletor - The mega-midriff armor on this one is going to look silly if translated faithfully but what can ya do? Almost hoping the little dragon skull head on the accessory is designed to be detachable and interchangeable with other heads (with working jaw as well).

11. Laser-Light Skeletor - Figuring the precedent set by NA Skeletor means this one will get the same armor treatment; hopefully the puffy thing will be long worked out by then. Maybe they can include his other NA head as a bonus, the one with the somewhat-samurai look.

12. Buzzsaw Hordak - have seen a lot of suggestions on here as to what to add to/with this one to give customers an incentive to get one because he's admittedly the least-wanted Vintage ever by most fans, by a great margin. Figure it'll have to be something, be it Filmation-accurate bonus head, Mantisaur 2-pack, etc. Heck, could even get one more use out of the standard He-Man figure and 2-pack him with Slime Pit He-Man as some sort of chase.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Personally I'm really hoping they do not package Rotar and Twistoid together. I collect this line both loose and MOC and for my MOC collection I like to display them by faction. Sticking those two characters together is going to mess with my display.
    TOP 44 WANTS
    VINTAGE:Peekablue/Dragstor/Perfuma/Saurod/Multibot
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak/Granita
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina/Ceratus
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/Dare/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndra

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Saurod is going to turn out amazing, I know it. He'll most likely use the "lizard torso" with removable armor. Hopefully he is very movie accurate like Blade and Gwildor. Also I really hope he comes with a removable left hand with his extended nails out, like we saw in the movie. TBH I don't care if they replicate his action feature as in the movie he never did shoot sparks from his mouth.

Dragstor needs a fully tooled torso and I hope his wheel does spin. Hopefully we don't see the Trap-Jaw legs and he gets his unique ones.

Blast Attak - Again if they do replicate his action feature, then he would require 2 uniquely sculpted torsos which clip together. Hopefully they don't cheap out on him and skip the splitting feature and give him an overlay.

Rotar and Twistoid - A two pack is the best route this will open up a spot for another figure. I hope they consider including "mechanical legs".

Terror Claws Skeletor - Hope he comes with accurate vintage feet and also the "Skell blaster" as seen in the new mini comics.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    1. Queen Angella

- Filmation inspiration for most aspects of the action figure
    - Filmation hair (short, blonde braid)
    - Toy-design bodice (with Filmation collar and sleeves) and boots
    - Glimmer's bracelets
    - White, articulated and highly detailed feathered wings (possibly translucent pink plastic with a white paint overspray)
    - Sculpted detail on the belt to mimic the holographic sticker on the original toy (similar to the great sculpted detail on Spinnerella's belt)
    - Sword from SOTS, royal sceptre/staff with the toy-design halo on top and PoP shield

2. Perfuma

- Two heads - original toy-design with the two wild pony-tails/braids and Filmation with a removable flower hat
    - Toy-design bodice (with the centre vine), bracelets and boots
    - Filmation style long, flower petal skirt (with slits to ensure articulation is not limited)
    - Removable toy-design belt with the two small flower buds, extra flower petals and sculpted detail to mimic the finish of the gold belt
    - Flower backpack which can also double as a flower bazooka (i.e. can be held as a hand-held weapon)
    - A thorned and flowered vine "whip" for a weapon
    - PoP shield

3. Peekablue

- Toy-design feathered tail (that plugs into the back, not that attaches with a clip like Castaspella's magic wheel)
    - Possibly an alternate Filmation-design feathered tail (if the budget allows for a swappable tail)
    - Filmation hair and bodice
    - Toy-design belt (with all the detail), skirt, bracelets and boots
    - She-Ra's toy-design sword (in gold) (as a weapon for Peekablue or She-Ra)
    - PoP shield

IF the budget allowed, I'd also like to see the following accessories included with one or more of the above figures: Netossa's face-plate/helmet and She-Ra's Filmation "sword to shield" shield.

Blast Attak must split in half like the vintage figure. Doesn't need to explode, just pull apart and snap back together. It would be excellent if he could fit together up-side-down as per the Star Comics appearance which was not possible with the vintage figure.

Dragstor also needs to have a spinning wheel. Don't need to have the rip-cord go through his torso but definitely need a spinning wheel.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    1. Queen Angella

- Filmation inspiration for most aspects of the action figure
    - Filmation hair (short, blonde braid)
    - Toy-design bodice (with Filmation collar and sleeves) and boots
    - Glimmer's bracelets
    - White, articulated and highly detailed feathered wings (possibly translucent pink plastic with a white paint overspray)
    - Sculpted detail on the belt to mimic the holographic sticker on the original toy (similar to the great sculpted detail on Spinnerella's belt)
    - Sword from SOTS, royal sceptre/staff with the toy-design halo on top and PoP shield

2. Perfuma

- Two heads - original toy-design with the two wild pony-tails/braids and Filmation with a removable flower hat
    - Toy-design bodice (with the centre vine), bracelets and boots
    - Filmation style long, flower petal skirt (with slits to ensure articulation is not limited)
    - Removable toy-design belt with the two small flower buds, extra flower petals and sculpted detail to mimic the finish of the gold belt
    - Flower backpack which can also double as a flower bazooka (i.e. can be held as a hand-held weapon)
    - A thorned and flowered vine "whip" for a weapon
    - PoP shield

3. Peekablue

- Toy-design feathered tail (that plugs into the back, not that attaches with a clip like Castaspella's magic wheel)
    - Possibly an alternate Filmation-design feathered tail (if the budget allows for a swappable tail)
    - Filmation hair and bodice
    - Toy-design belt (with all the detail), skirt, bracelets and boots
    - She-Ra's toy-design sword (in gold) (as a weapon for Peekablue or She-Ra)
    - PoP shield

IF the budget allowed, I'd also like to see the following accessories included with one or more of the above figures: Netossa's face-plate/helmet and She-Ra's Filmation "sword to shield" shield.
    This! This is exactly right! I want all of this. I couldn't have said it better. Thank you
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Blast Attak must split in half like the vintage figure. Doesn't need to explode, just pull apart and snap back together. It would be excellent if he could fit together up-side-down as per the Star Comics appearance which was not possible with the vintage figure.

Dragstor also needs to have a spinning wheel. Don't need to have the rip-cord go through his torso but definitely need a spinning wheel.
    It would be great if Blast Attak broke into multiple parts and had an energy/explosion effect that you could peg the parts onto so you could display him as if he's exploding.

For Saurod I would like a mouth spark/blast attachment. Since they had a scene like that in the movie (cut or unfilmed I do not remember) and the toy had that effect, certianly give me that option. Heck, I dont care much for Saurod but that would give him a unique thingy.

I'm in the want legs at least for Rotar and he and Twistoid could be a 2 pack and probably should be.

All the variants I just dont care at this point. They are not variants I need or care about. I'm certain they'll be fine with whatever the 4H do with them. I will be happy to buy them and display them but I am not invested in the outcome.

Dragstor & Blast Attack are my 2 least favourite vintage He Man figures, so I barely care about how they are executed as well. Do not need a rolly wheel. Do not need a splitting figure. If they split & have a wheel respectively I will be fine with that. Dont really care either way, but if Blast ATtack splits, I hope it looks cool.

I'd like them to work something out like a jagged whip for the ripcord feature from the vintage, that'd be cool.

Squeeze I am torn on. I want hands, not snake head mouth thingies. If we get both, that's fine, but if it were only one, I want hands. As for arms I definately want him to have normal arms, pre-stretched. For the stretching arms, I want them but I dont want just cylindars, so I guess I want stretched out musculature? I want some articulation points, at least like Entrapta. I just dont know how to even begin design of the stretch arms. I'm excited and trepidatious about what the 4 H come up with.

Multibot will be fine. I am glad he came with 2 torsos because I just want two robots. Never had him as a kid, so really I will be glad to have 2 new robot Hordesmen. However they look will be fine. Just gotta still have 2 torsos.

Heroic Podcaster
    Rotar and Twistoid - They MUST have detachable legs. That way, people that do not want the legs can just leave them off and the people that always wondered how they would look with mechanical legs can finally do so. It is not an insult to the characters to give them mechanical legs - amputees in real-life wear prosthetics all the time, it doesn't belittle their situation in the least. I think we are getting them in a two-pack almost guaranteed. I have a customizer recard all the deluxe packed figures (Horde Trooper, Star Sisters, Cringer, Marlena, Adan and Orko so far with Modulock coming up next) so that is fine with me.

Saurod - I agree with those that think the 4H are going to wow a lot of people with Saurod. Hope he gets some new parts.

Dragstor - A spinning wheel would be great. I won't mind the Trap Jaw legs here as they match pretty closely in their vintage versions.

Squeeze - I just hope the long arms are articulated. Multiple hands or even arms would be a bonus.

Blast Attak - Hope he gets some new parts as well! Any splitting feature they do would be great but I do not expect it.

Multi-Bot - Wish he would come in a single blister but I'll get that taken care of.

Variations - I'll get them but I have no real requests. FF He-Man and TC Skeletor will be fine as long as their accessories are cool. Buzzsaw Hordak needs SOMETHING to make him worthwhile. FILMation head pack-in!
    ANGELLA! Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! ENTRAPTA! FLUTTERINA! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma RIO BLAST! Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid