Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Sweet Bee Thread

Official Sweet Bee Thread

I wonder if she's on the list. I DO NOT want to start a rumor, this is MERELY AN OBSERVATION.

He used her has an example for a thread here and he used her as an example for a different thread on Matty's forums.

Just starting to wonder....
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

I think we should not try to read that much into everything he says.

But, in any event, I rather take it that she is NOT on the cards. In the context where she has been mentioned it rather looks like a "insert name of character that is less likely to make it into the line here". That's how I took it. It's up to interpretation really. Would be so cool if they released Sweet Bee soon.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Sweet Bee is code for Catra.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    Her name has been trademarked some weeks ago...

Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I'll take a Sweet Bee!

To be honest, she's not that far a stretch as far as guesses go. She's got kind of a perfect mixture of obscure and important, which has been what MOTUC is like lately. She's a POP character which is now in the line. Her parts are easily shared with other/future figures (She has Catra's body with Double Trouble's gauntlets and boots), and she's a love/crush interest of He-Man. She's economical and interesting are far as choices go.

I would love for Sweet Bee to bee the next pop figure after She-Ra!
    And I think it would bee sweet for her to come before Buzz-Off as well!

But in all honesty, I really don't care who comes next because I want them ALL and am confident that this line is gonna last untill we do get them all!
    No comment.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I think he's onto those of us who have been all up in their trademarks business and he's just throwing that name out there because it was on the latest list of them.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I love Sweet Bee. She's one of my favorite characters, and if the first version of Catra is based on the original figure then they share the same torso and it would be an easy item to re-use. Bring on Sweet Bee! I hope we don't have to wait until 2016 for her figure.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Maybe because they have the rights on her now and they can "mention" her name as much as they want to!

Or it's a hint of things to come!
    Last edited by GrtEternal; March 28, 2010 at 06:42pm.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Heroic Warrior
    Honestly, I don't know if can trust anything Toyguru says, these days.

But anyway, here's my feeling about Sweet Bee...

As far as POP figures go, many fans are waiting for Catra, and I think she should be the one coming next !

Sweet Bee, in all sincerity, is problably the POP character that I find the most insipid of the whole POP line...

But while we hear Sweet Bee, we still didn't see the shadow of a Snakeman or of a Galatic Protector !

Don't get me wrong, here : I think Sweet Bee deserves a figure, and deserve to be released. But CERTAINLY NOT NOW !

Fans have requested and voted for figures like Sorceress, Spikor, Marlena, Man-E-Faces, Ram Man, or any other member of the Horde... we still didn"t hear anything about those !

So I truly hope that we'll get these characters before Sweet Bee. That's my personal feeling, but I wanted to express it.

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    But fans also preached that we need some strong characters, and we're getting Whiplash, She-Ra, and Count Marzo, and a rumored Orko. They can't do all the popular guys right away. I really like the selection and randomness of it all, something I couldn't say a year ago. I really love this line and how it's shaping up.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    He used her has an example for a thread here and he used her as an example for a different thread on Matty's forums.
    Maybe he just really likes Honey Nut Cheerios...

Or is an amateur apiculturist...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Well, as a matter of fact, we DON'T get all the popular guys right away !

What with Gygor, Optikk, not to mention the non-MOTU character Mo-Larr, we cannot say Mattel releases too many favorite characters (even though I really like Optikk, for instance).

So anyway, I don't feel it's the appropriate time for Sweet Bee. At least not before we got any Galactic Protector or Snakeman.

The argument "we don't release the popular characters right away to keep the fans' interest (and wallet) active" is a piece of BS, and I don't understand how people cannot see that.

What will happen is that some popular characters might NEVER be released in MOTUC just because other less relevant ones were released in the first place !

Fans who really like MOTU will keep buying figures even after the popular characters were released, anyway.

Now, Mattel's/Matty's/Digital River's scarcity marketing and repeated blunders got me really worried that this line could end way sooner than what we hoped (and no matter if the line is "planned" until 2016). Too little figures for a growing number of fans, with the added customer service and quality control issues, can only result in fans dropping the line, sooner or later.

And I really pray that, IF the line ends soon, we'll have been able to get all the popular figures we wanted. Because let's face it : the last line (200x) was killed before the fans were able to get some of their favorite characters. And that line was ALSO disrupted because of Mattel's incompetent and disrespectful marketing !

I could see Mattel releasing Sweet Bee fairly early amongst the list of POP characters - she is highly popular with fans (not to mention He-Man! )

However, I hope Mattel release Catra and Shadow Weaver first!

Bring her on! I love the more obscure/less popular characters!! Still waiting to hear if they will do a MOTUC Strobo!!
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!

Just to point out, we got Beastman before Skeletor. So to get Sweet Bee before Catra really wouldn't suprise me. It is a way to pass time between the hard hitters so to say. Personally I would totally buy a Sweet Bee!
    The worst thing that happens to you can be the best thing for you if you don't let it get the best of you.

Quote Originally Posted by motufan425 View Post
    Just to point out, we got Beastman before Skeletor. So to get Sweet Bee before Catra really wouldn't suprise me. It is a way to pass time between the hard hitters so to say. Personally I would totally buy a Sweet Bee!
    You sum up my feelings well.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mk476 View Post
    ...if the first version of Catra is based on the original figure then they share the same torso...
    They've said that Catra will be a Horde member, so I wouldn't bet against her having the bat on her chest.

I am going to be so happy if Sweet Bee comes out sooner than later. She was the example I used way back when it was announced that the Bonus figures would only be variants of a-list characters. It made me think that she might not come for a very long time.

When I saw the trademark, I was excited!!

She's an awesome choice because the 4H's version will shut up everyone who thinks these characters won't work in motuc.

I also don't see the logic of saying she isn't an appropriate choice now. ALL characters are appropriate choices: this is a new line, and allllllll the characters belong.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    She's an awesome choice because the 4H's version will shut up everyone who thinks these characters won't work in motuc.

I also don't see the logic of saying she isn't an appropriate choice now. ALL characters are appropriate choices: this is a new line, and allllllll the characters belong.
    THIS. Optikk was used as an example as a non-favorite on this thread, yet he is THE most popular character in NA. We've done many threads and posts about popularity in NA, and he always won.

Yes, all the characters belong. I hate NINJOR, but I'm not going to bellyache if he comes before the Sorceress. The point is that they are ALL supposed to be coming. After this year, there are six years of figures planned-- 72 figures without counting bonuses, large items, and exclusives.

But, I do understand the frustration of wanting those key characters. I want Prince Adam to go with Adora, yet I have Webstor and two ZodaCKs as of yet.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Sweet Bee's biggest problem is her hair and wings not mixing in the same character design - even the Filmation version was borderline with her helmet off, but the toy cardback posted in the TM thread was just completely taking the smeg, with permed hair completely swamping the wings. And with sculpted hair, that's only going to become more obvious - they need to redesign her with short hair if she's going to work as a MotUC figure.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Ill pass.....
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Agostinho View Post
    They can't do all the popular guys right away. I really like the selection and randomness of it all, something I couldn't say a year ago. I really love this line and how it's shaping up.
    Your words echos my sentiments. Im from the same point.

On the one side, i can understand those guys who are sick of characters they dont have any association to them, on the other side, they are lot of people who want them really bad.

Mattel is walking on a thin line ... they try to suit everybody ... if they release all the big buddys first, the interest for the whole line could end abrupt after them.

If they release to much "obscure" characters in a row ... it could happen the same. Isnt that easy, is it ?

hh .... what was the topic of this thread ? sorry

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Out of all the POP characters, Sweetbee is the one I want the least. But as I love POP, that still means I want her more than a lot of MOTU characters, so I'd still totally get Sweetbee, but only one, not several like I would with my favourite characters.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!