Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Sweet Bee Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    Yep you right, Eldor was the trigger.
    I will explain later in details but Toyzmag website just got a letter today from Mattel asking to stop posting upcoming figures (including figures already presented officialy...do not ask me why them also, I can't understand myself) so, game is over for me lol.
    I am sorry for all of us but I'll can't share the HQ pictures I promised on this thread and the Rio Blast one and for every people who appreciated pictures that I was sharing so far, but I have no choice to stop everything.
    Also Toyzmag will stop to promote anything about this Mattel line starting now.

It was predictable and we totally understand the Mattel decision Toyzmag & me, we tried to do things by ourselves and visibly it was not a good way, that's ok and finally not a surprise, the most important thing for us is to have offered good time to Motuc collectors.
    Well, good on you for following through on the cease/desist letter from Mattel, TN. Technically being outside the U.S. following through could be dicey for Mattel, but you're taking the high road and simply doing what's been asked. That's mighty cool of you.

I suppose we can look at the previous reveals like this. It was fun while it lasted. And thanks for everything, TN!
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Thx Benedict & Stygian360, I am happy you enjoyed the work

Thanks for the pics Tokyonever - I understand where Mattel are coming from but it is a shame we won't get your great previews going forward. Hopefully the odd tip about how figures turned out will still come our way. Thanks again.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Ah well, fun while it lasted. Thanks for your work thus far, Tokyo! Great photos and very helpful feedback. I suppose this is just some legal matter, or Mattel needs to control the viewing of figures...or something.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Oh please that's total BS.
    WHACK!
    If the figure has already been revealed...Who cares.
    If certain people would not whine about it to Mattel...Like someone peed in their Cheerios it wouldn't have been a problem.
    I'd not put forth the effort either to promote the line.
    Mattel has selected, what, 2 outlets to "preview" figures...
    Lame lame lame

they will never stop pics doing the rounds on facebook. That's probably the best place to share sneak peaks going forward.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Those pictures were teasers. Not worthy of the "spoiler" label.

Everyone should know by now, you see a leaked photo, SCREEN CAPTURE THE HECK OUT OF IT!
    Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    not to mention that the fans have been blamed more than once for errors on figures. "even our biggest fans missed that error!"

with this line, the earlier we can see figures, the better.
    This would be great but even if we see problems, they will just claim it's a design decision and move on. They used to care and try to fix issues when fans and customers pointed out errors or things we didn't like, but they don't care anymore. All they care about is getting you locked in the sub and then they could care less about design aesthetics or quality because they already have your money. This is the most egregious when the final figures look completely off prototype (ie double mischief) and claim the Four Horsemen are not toy designers and the prototypes were not meant to be translated into final figure form.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Hi everyone,

Mattel has asked us to remove any photos of unannounced figures. Please refrain from posting them. Remember, SDCC is just a week away!

Thank you for your understanding.

Their request seems extreme to me.

- - - Updated - - -

A completely reasonable reaction on your part to Matty's over-reaching demand IMO.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Yep you right, Eldor was the trigger.
    I will explain later in details but Toyzmag website just got a letter today from Mattel asking to stop posting upcoming figures (including figures already presented officialy...do not ask me why them also, I can't understand myself) so, game is over for me lol.
    I am sorry for all of us but I'll can't share the HQ pictures I promised on this thread and the Rio Blast one and for every people who appreciated pictures that I was sharing so far, but I have no choice to stop everything.

It was predictable and we totally understand the Mattel decision Toyzmag & me, we tried to do things by ourselves and visibly it was not a good way, that's ok and finally not a surprise, the most important thing for us is to have offered good time to Motuc collectors.
    I highly doubt they could actually do anything. Seems they can't keep security up at their "official" factories. Remember, they once said they don't outsource and have decimated factories. Oh well, makes one less reason to come here anymore. Guess I will wait for the inevitable leak before SDCC by DR and then I can sit back for a bit.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Heroic Warrior
    A big THANK YOU to TOKYONEVER for all your past "sneak peeks".

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    WHACK!
    If certain people would not whine about it to Mattel...Like someone peed in their Cheerios it wouldn't have been a problem.
    Lame lame lame

This!!!^^^^^ Mattel need to count there blessings , the fans do most of the advertising anyway ,
    And what do they do , shoo them away.

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I think everyone has seen it now and it's probably doing the rounds on Facebook. Dunno what trying to keep it under wraps will achieve, unless the production version has been fowled up by design, which won't surprise me.
    I didn't see it but I really don't care, I will get the figure when it gets released. I understand the fun but... Oh well!

Mattel PR becomes kind of irrelevant without the surprise factor with this line and the reveals.

Would any of us pay any attention to Mattel's posts otherwise? Probably not as much

But it's understandable that they'd want control of their reveals. Timing matters.

It's good that Tokyonever is honoring Mattel's wish. Though, honestly, I enjoy the site, and not covering motuc anymore may just reduce site hits. It won't hurt Mattel
    Last edited by bcrduke; July 18, 2014 at 04:30am.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Heroic Warrior
    I think Mattel sucks. The early reviews from the site was free publicity and seeing how mattel sees fit to not promote the line you'd think they'd love it. Besides Scott said they didn't hold off on announcing figures to be secretive but due to the internal review. So how does the leaks hurt the line. It doesn't. And the only one who would have even took action would have been Scott because I don't see mattel corporate lawyers even being aware of motuc or the pictures to insist they stop. I'll be so glad to be done with mattel after 2015

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

I think Mattel wanting to control how and when their images are released to the public should be self-explanatory.

But more importantly, I feel this has nothing to do with Tokyonever and everything to do with them trying to patch a security leak somewhere along the line of production. If images and/or product is being given away or sold without Mattel's say-so, that's a serious violation.

I know it's a bummer for excited fans who really want to see images of upcoming project as soon as possible. But I doubt Mattel is trying to be a wet blanket, especially with reveals happening at SDCC in a week.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior
    Uuhhh....I think I'll go with mattel being a wet blanket. I mean mattel has pretty much how shall I say,,,borrowed a lot of ideas from oh say maybe toy biz's nostalgia toy line idea, build a figures, articulation to say the least. It isn't like some toy rival is going to steal the motuc figure buck or try to create a rival similar line

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Uuhhh....I think I'll go with mattel being a wet blanket.
    Logically, I don't think that makes sense. There's no upside to that for Mattel. Excitement is already building towards the SDCC reveals, and there is zero benefit for them to try and dampen the spirits of fans. But, I suppose it's possible... highly unlikely IMO, but possible.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I think Mattel wanting to control how and when their images are released to the public should be self-explanatory.

But more importantly, I feel this has nothing to do with Tokyonever and everything to do with them trying to patch a security leak somewhere along the line of production. If images and/or product is being given away or sold without Mattel's say-so, that's a serious violation.

I know it's a bummer for excited fans who really want to see images of upcoming project as soon as possible. But I doubt Mattel is trying to be a wet blanket, especially with reveals happening at SDCC in a week.
    smh. if leaked images are the only way fans (CUSTOMERS) are getting access to products they want to buy, or are already contracted into buying, and mattel has a problem with it, in my opinion, they should get ahead of the issue and start rolling out their own images. Honestly, if it weren't for leaked image possibilities there wouldn't be much reason to check the forums or other sites to see what is happening. It keeps people excited. Excitement keeps the line alive. And while i'm being honest, I much prefer the fan leaks to anything mattel puts out anyway--we get a real look at what has been produced.

I'm really sorry for the situation Toykonever and his website have been put in. He's shared great things for us and the line.

I get that there are matty apologists.............. *BUT,

GOD FORBID I SEE THE PRODUCT I PAID 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really Matty has us trained liked Good little *******!

(yeah I know....I know, they don't force me to sub, ...I know it's mostly a blind sub goig in........But they will CRY the blues & BEG for us to sub up every year!) SO......

*The LINE is TRUELY in the FANS' HANDS...........THEY Just NOT ALLOWED To SEE IT!............YET!

* Really SUPER-DUMB! I can't wait to be done w/ Matty!

*Silly MATTY.....Tricks are for Kids!

If I owned Mattel I'd be upset that my products were being leaked early by someone who had access to them before anyone else. It is essential for a company to control the time frame in which it generates buzz about its products, so that interest in those offerings can hopefully be at its peak when they are sold, to ensure the highest profits. I also wouldn't be very pleased if I was a toy reviewer and someone was given access to the products weeks or months before I and other toy reviewers had a chance to review them. If photos of all the products set to be revealed at SDCC were to be released early by someone, the level of interest in the company's participation at the show would be greatly diminished.
    Last edited by AdultCollector; July 18, 2014 at 01:14am.

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    WHACK!
    Lame lame lame
    Exactly, this like 10,100 times...

It's a very dumb move from Matty not showing the figures that are already produced and even paid for (technically the sub ones), instead of getting new customers, they're driving them away... BOOOOO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bender Rodríguez View Post
    Exactly, this like 10,100 times...

It's a very dumb move from Matty not showing the figures that are already produced and even paid for (technically the sub ones), instead of getting new customers, they're driving them away... BOOOOO.

Since when in this line has it NOT seemed like Mattel was trying to push customers away?

Bad QC
    Bad design efforts (Ruben...cough, cough)
    no more reissues of key characters (Teela, Tri-Klops....etc)
    no DOS on certain figures
    basically telling anyone not a subscriber to **** off, we really don't need you
    repeated doom and gloom scare tactics
    Scotts arrogance and inabilty to address customers and fans without rudeness or basically saying the fans are to blame when something bad happens to the line instead of him.
    ******* on the female figures by claiming they can't do better on them
    overuse of blaming everything on logistics....when really what is happening is poor management and decisions
    the ****** e-tailer they use, shipping gouging, messing up sales pages during sales, absolutely horrible CS, slow ass shipping.....etc....

insert your own rantings here

.....etc....
    Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Obviously Mattel wants the reveals to come from them but when you have a product people are interested in leaks are inevitable. This is not isolated to Mattel or even action figures. All it takes is a guy like TokyoNever to just put it out there anonymously and it would be everywhere. It just so happens in this case that the person with the info is keeping it hush hush. I kind of have to agree with Zombihamma, Mattel should be glad people want to know this info. When people stop caring about early info the brand will be in real trouble...

Heroic Warrior
    The only thing that is surprising to me is that I missed the pictures in the thread before they were shut down. I check this thread all the time.

Thanks, TokyoNever for all the reveals and kudos for taking the higher road even though there is not much Mattel could do to you since your all the way across the pond.
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and original here