Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Sweet Bee Thread

Finally BUZZ-OFF has a girlfriend! WooHoooooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Finally BUZZ-OFF has a girlfriend! WooHoooooooooo!
    He-man might have a problem with that. He seemed pretty smitten with Sweet Bee in the cartoon series. Frosta isn't going to be happy!

BTW, I think Sweet Bee looks great!! I hope she survives production.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    He-man might have a problem with that. He seemed pretty smitten with Sweet Bee in the cartoon series. Frosta isn't going to be happy!

BTW, I think Sweet Bee looks great!! I hope she survives production.
    I care about the character, so I wouldn't want Frosta to kill her, hence I am pairing her with Buzz-Off.

And that figure is not a prototype, but production, or maybe even close to final. She will probably look better in final and in hand. I am happy we are getting her in any case!

The faces on these girls seem to be getting more cartoonish. But I have to say Sweet Bee is pretty cute.

Sweet Bee looks fantastic. The best part is--she's a near final figure and likely can't be screwed up by design!

Her face sculpt is definitely on the safe side. I was expecting her to look a little more unique and alienish like in Filmation. But the way many of us complain about the female face sculpts, I'm not surprised. So congratulations to everyone who scared the 4HMen into the safe zone.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Please do Sweet Bee wings translucent!!

I'm sure Sweet Bee will look great in person. I think the pic we keep seeing of her is really washing out all the detail in the sculpt and vibrancy of the paint and shading.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Heroic Warrior
    Are we all looking at the same figure? Sweet Bee looks bland. She might be one of the worst POP figures so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    So you are saying they shouldn't even try to control pictures of their unreleased products when they surface?

But I agree, it is pretty futile. There must be guys (or girls) leaving those factories in China with wheelbarrows full of stuff. Daily.
    I will never understand the secrecy when it comes to toys. Lego being the absolute WORST!

And SB looks pretty crappy IMO. The face is horrendous.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I care about the character, so I wouldn't want Frosta to kill her, hence I am pairing her with Buzz-Off.
    A wise move. Frosta is, after all, the only person we ever saw who actually scared He-Man...

And that figure is not a prototype, but production, or maybe even close to final. She will probably look better in final and in hand. I am happy we are getting her in any case!
    There's a post in another thread that posits the idea these may not be actual Mattel shots; if they are something gleaned from e-bay or some such source, we may not actually be looking at the final product. They could be rejects from factory in China, so what we see at SDCC could be a bit different.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Perhaps the 4H were afraid after what happened to Frosta when Mattel got a hold on her. lol
    Mattel wasn't to blame for Frosta's face. When the prototype was shown she was off then as it was always down to the very poor sculpt and whoever sculpted her messed up big time. Since Frosta, I think the sculpters have learned from their mistake and we haven't had a poor female face sculpt since. I know it's very easy to blame Mattel for everything, but when it came to Frosta they were only to blame for grey used instead of white and the hair colour. The bad sculpt was down to the FOUR Horseman.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Cult View Post
    Her face sculpt is definitely on the safe side. I was expecting her to look a little more unique and alienish like in Filmation. But the way many of us complain about the female face sculpts, I'm not surprised. So congratulations to everyone who scared the 4HMen into the safe zone.
    I'm glad we have. We DON'T need another messed up POP figure like Frosta I'm VERY happy with how Sweet Bee turned out
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Heroic Warrior
    i would like to know what people are finding wrong with Sweet Bee's face I'm watching her episode now and looking at the picture and i think its pretty spot on.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    Please do Sweet Bee wings translucent!!
    Looking at the pic, the wings do kinda look translucent.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah they are translucent with some kind of sculpted detail

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyManiac! View Post
    I will never understand the secrecy when it comes to toys. Lego being the absolute WORST!
    Traditionally, the long lead time in toy manufacturing and the cut-throat competition between toy companies (particularly Mattel and Hasbro) is why the toy industry is generally secretive to an almost absurd level. (Not that they don't have reason to be - ask Hasbro about Jem - Mattel got wind that Hasbro was developing a doll line, which they hadn't done in that scale before, so it took them a good long while to get all the logistics sorted out just to make fashion dolls like that to begin with; Mattel literally had folks dumpster dive at Hasbro, found out the theme, and since they already had the Barbie machine running quite smoothly, they were able to throw Barbie and The Rockers together in a matter of months).

However, as MOTUC has no real direct competition in theme/character, these days it's mostly to support the blind sub model - to keep you guessing - the more you have to guess, the more you worry about being left out, which they believe leads to more subs (though, I have always contended that the year-long sub model keeps more folks from even starting to collect over the years than anything else).

Looks like the helmet is a second head. Very nice way of getting that to work, I was afraid that they were going to do a fitting helmet.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Im in love with her!!

Toy Boys, Inc. Customs here ----> http://www.flickr.com/toyboys-inc

add us on Facebook! ToyBoys Movies

The official Mattel pic is way better, I think her face sculpt kind of looks like Gabrielle from Xena
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

MattyCollector, innovators in redefining honestly and transparency since 2015
    I really really hate BS Hordak

I like her well enough, but I'm not wowed by her. She's not on the level of Castaspella and Flutterina to me. The face just seems a little too round and childish looking to me. Not bad, just not amazing. I really hope that Mermista and Angella will blow me away!
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    She DOES look nice in the Mattel pic! She appears to be plastic as well so this is what we can expect. Her face sculpt looks great!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by toyboys inc View Post
    Me too. She looks great. Maybe my favorite POP reveal so far this year!

so no helmet?

Heroic Warrior
    i think she looks really good. I just wish they would've streamlined that gun some.

She's super cute. I won't get her but I think she turned out well.