Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Sweet Bee Thread

Personally, I'd rather have Battle Armor Loo-Kee before Ninjor, but I still love Ninjor.

In all seriousness, I think for a lot of us, that's kind of the common thread. There are certainly characters that each of us prefers, but most od us live them all.

A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    - they need to redesign her with short hair if she's going to work as a MotUC figure.
    I'm hoping the 4H give her a shoulder-length fro.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I doubt that a Sweet Bee figure could win me over. I'm rather picky when it comes to PoP characters, and she's pretty much at the bottom of what I'd like to see. Neither the character nor her design ever appealled to me.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    The argument "we don't release the popular characters right away to keep the fans' interest (and wallet) active" is a piece of BS, and I don't understand how people cannot see that.
    Thing is, people see that it ISN'T BS; it's that rarity among Mattel strategies, an idea based on sound marketing. For once, Mattel is looking at the long haul, and, if they release ALL of the most popular characters right now, there's nothing left but second and third and fourth stringers to make in the future. You need anchor characters each year, even in a collectors line like this. It actually is a time-tested strategy (although finding the right balance is not and exact science) that actually has worked over the years on many lines. THe opposite has also happened, when all the big guns have been used up and the line struggles along trying to get by on background characters. Anyone think even Star Wars would survive without regular updates of the main characters (again, in the right balalnce; we've seen what happens when you overdo it, as well).

Mattel is looking at a multi-year plan; yes, if they blow it, and the line dies out, there may be some big guys we don't get to. But they need something other than the Meteorbs and Twistoid in the later years of the line if it is going to survive in the long run.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Will we have a sweet Bee with Helmet ? with Filmation Head ? Figure Head ?
    Glowing in the Dark ????

I'm kinda looking forward to Sweet Bee. I am very aware of the fact that the line could end with us wishing we got one character instead of another but I have faith that this line has the potential to last a while. Maybe not until 2016, but for a while yet...

I just love the fact that so many of us really want to see a female doll dressed as a bee. Doesn't that contradict all of the marketing research on a boys line of toys???

As far as her appearance goes, I noticed that her wings are either orange or pink. I think it would be cool for the 4HM to design her wings so that they change from orange to pink in a pearlish kind of way. And purple eyeshadow over blue - blue makes her look like a working girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    I would love for Sweet Bee to bee the next pop figure after She-Ra!
    And I think it would bee sweet for her to come before Buzz-Off as well!

But in all honesty, I really don't care who comes next because I want them ALL and am confident that this line is gonna last untill we do get them all!
    Truthiness, this!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

I love the idea of a Sweet-Bee figure coming soon. I hope that her wings & antennae will retain the glow-in-the-dark feature that the original figure had. Hell, GITD worked wonders for fans praising Scareglow & Zodak - GITD on Sweet Bee should do the trick of getting people to drop coin on her.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    I doubt Sweet Bee is coming soon. More likely TG is using a character that is not uber popular and is a way off to not get fans too excited (though I would definately buy her, she's just not as demanded as Ram Man say).

If she's been registered recently, chances are they are looking at making her now.

Oh man...you just can't take a still shot of the old filmation toon and not have it turn out hilarious. He-Man's face is priceless.

"Mmmm...the Bee people on this planet are much less....bee like. This place is turning out to be reeeeeal nice."
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I was thinking the same thing about Toyguru mentioning Sweet Bee a lot lately but she was always mentioned in hypothetical discussions. It is obvious that the figure is probably on Mattel's radar but I agree with the earlier sentiment that by mentioning her in this context, we are probably not getting the figure anytime soon. TG probably avoids using certain characters' names in hypotheticals as not to drum up any rumors that will eventual disappoint fans, if not true. Sweet Bee, as interesting of a character as she may be, will probably not garner the same reaction as, let's say, Man-E-Faces or Mekanek to a majority of MOTUC fans. Now, I'm making hypotheticals.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Oh man...you just can't take a still shot of the old filmation toon and not have it turn out hilarious. He-Man's face is priceless.

"Mmmm...the Bee people on this planet are much less....bee like. This place is turning out to be reeeeeal nice."
    Apart from SB crashing on Etheria rather than HM going to Planet Bee, that's half the plot of the ep! ("Frosta really likes He-Man, this embarasses HM who likes Sweet Bee, who has no particular feelings for him.")

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    I don't care who comes out as long an the line goes for a while. I know we will get our favorets along the line sometime in the future

Heroic Warrior
    ToyGuru has been mentioning Mekaneck's name before the line came out as the example of how a figure's old action feature would be emulated, and still no Mekky, so it doesn't really mean anything with Sweet Bee's name being dropped a lot, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I hope that her wings & antennae will retain the glow-in-the-dark feature that the original figure had. Hell, GITD worked wonders for fans praising Scareglow & Zodak - GITD on Sweet Bee should do the trick of getting people to drop coin on her.
    Same here. What do you think of the idea of giving her fro-ish sculpted hair? Or do you prefer the looser wavy hair of the style guide?

Anyhoo...on a completely random note, I wish I knew what year and month Tallstar is coming.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Tallstar - sounds like the perfect excuse to giver her two different headsculpts to me - that is, if they can't do the space helmet she had in the cartoon.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I hope it ends up being a bonus figure this year if it's coming out. I can skip it that way. But this'll be a prime example of why I hate the idea of an all in subscription for next year if it is a next year figure. This is one of those characters I do not want.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Not Sweet to simply throw us off but a Bee perhaps? Buzz Off?

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    ToyGuru has been mentioning Mekaneck's name before the line came out as the example of how a figure's old action feature would be emulated, and still no Mekky, so it doesn't really mean anything with Sweet Bee's name being dropped a lot, but you never know.

Sweet Bee's name was among the latest large group of figures TM'd (a group of characters that I think will be the 2011 subscription).

Mekaneck, I think, was not among them.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

It'd be cool to get a regular head similar to the toy/style guide and a new 4H actual Bee like head.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Well, she does have two versions they can release... Blond and brunette...
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Imagine if Sweet Bee was the September figure!

Sweet Bee with helmet (either slip on or extra head) would be cool!

Personally, I hope they defer releasing Mekaneck until they come up with a better solution than snap-on neck extensions.

if they did her it would give mattel the buck for other girl's with wings.
    i hope we get her soon i like Sweet Bee

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Mmmmm wings.

Sorceress.
    Angella.
    Veena.
    Flutterina.

Heroic Warrior
    I want Sweet Bee but I hope I get some of the others first, and I hope she doesn't have short hair or a ton of tight curls though loose would be ideal, I'd prefer her to look like the style guide version over the filmation one. Maybe with some kind of new weapon for an accessory.