Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Sweet Bee Thread

The only thing that keeps the style guide look being perfect for me, is that it eliminates the black out of her costume. Come on, you know a bee needs to have yellow with black stripes!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilt View Post
    I want Sweet Bee but I hope I get some of the others first, and I hope she doesn't have short hair or a ton of tight curls though loose would be ideal, I'd prefer her to look like the style guide version over the filmation one. Maybe with some kind of new weapon for an accessory.
    Word for word, this is exactly what I wanted. I had a POP weaponry thread a while back, and it will be neat to see what Mattel gives her other than her shield.

I think if they give her that helmet, she should also have a lance, coz it's like a bee stinger. With the helmet and a sheild and a lance, she'd look like a knight, and she'd look great on Crystal Sundancer.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind a Sweet Bee at all (though her rival, Frosta, is tops on my list). I'm hoping we get a couple POP figures a year, and, if so, I don't think Sweet Bee would be that outlandish a choice.

Hate to say, but i do like that style guide version better than the Filmation one; something about the gloves and the overall balance looks really good.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I wouldn't mind a Sweet Bee at all (though her rival, Frosta, is tops on my list). I'm hoping we get a couple POP figures a year, and, if so, I don't think Sweet Bee would be that outlandish a choice.
    I imagine we will have to get around 3 a year to get them all in

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Hate to say, but i do like that style guide version better than the Filmation one; something about the gloves and the overall balance looks really good.
    The problem with the licensing guide colours for me is the general lack of contrast - all the colours are very similar in hue (including the skin tone), and are even more similar if anything in saturation & value.

I think they'd need to try and stretch things out a bit - lighter skin, brighter yellow, some black - for it to work on a figure.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    if they make sweetbee she has got to come w/ her helmet and pistol, and that mimi make up job.

=)
    Last edited by Son of Keldor; March 30, 2010 at 03:52pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    The problem with the licensing guide colours for me is the general lack of contrast - all the colours are very similar in hue (including the skin tone), and are even more similar if anything in saturation & value.

I think they'd need to try and stretch things out a bit - lighter skin, brighter yellow, some black - for it to work on a figure.
    Yeah I played a round with a bit of it in Photoshop. Had a bunch result. I think I had like 8 SweetBee color schemes total. HAHAHA.

BTW Kevenn, I dig the lance idea. I had something different in mind, but I like that too.

Anywhoo I was tinkering with Photoshop a couple years ago, and did these and more.

I like the first one with the pink wings the best. I like that it still gives her the orange tights, but adds pink to the yellow, black, and orange mix. And there's no reason why that one can't glow in the dark too!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I like the first one with the pink wings the best. I like that it still gives her the orange tights, but adds pink to the yellow, black, and orange mix. And there's no reason why that one can't glow in the dark too!
    Thanks, but it's just the Filmation deco. I like it too.

Who knew?
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Movie mayhem!
    don't forget the toy version

Sweet Bee is going to be an excellent addition to Motuc. I can't wait to see what they will do with her when she comes out. I love the style guide version of her, but I really like the face/make-up on the filmation version. I think it gives her more sex appeal. Love the combination of the sleepy eyes with the prominent eyebrows and pouty lips.

Hey, I just noticed that if she is the next Pop character made that will be 3 blondes in one year (Adora and She-ra being the other 2). Either way I think she will be an awesome addition to the line if they go forward with her.

I love variety and like a few surprises here and there. By the way the original toy version is a little scary looking.

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Yes the toy looks cool and her image on the vintage cardbacks too, but I doubt she will look like either of them since She-Ra looks nothing like her toy or cardback picture, which is strange because didn't they say this line would be based on those? I was so excited for POP in MOTUC. I'm a huge POP fan, but I'm worried for all the POP figures right now.... Have to wait and see what the first real POP figure will be after She-Ra.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I gotta say I prefer the pink wings. The other one is just too yellow/orange and blah. I'm really looking forward to seeing some classic POP figures done in this integrated MOTUC style since I was disappointed in their doll-like form as a kid. Bring on Sweet Bee and more POP characters more often! Thanks!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

The Official Sweet Bee Thread!

I can't bee-lieve (lol) there isn't a Sweet Bee thread yet!

Anyway, Sweet Bee was my first action figure EVER (whom I was told was She-Ra when I was 4) and holds a special place in my heart, so I thought I'd make a discussion thread for her! She's also been trademarked for quite a while, so there's a good possibility we could see her this year or next year!

Most of her designs are similar, but one thing I PRAY the Four Horsemen keep are her reversible wings! They're pink (like Filmation) or flip to become sparkly yellow (which is kind of like a pollen attack, which is neat).

PICTURES!

Toy:

Fan Art, Toy Design:

Style Guide:

Mini-Comics:

Filmation:

Toy VS Filmation VS Style Guide:

Emiliano's 200X vision:

I believe there is a black haired, black wearing Sweet Bee from a colouring book...but I can't find the picture online anymore.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; May 15, 2011 at 12:20am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    I'm every time amazed, how many male fans PoP has.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'm thinkin she needs to be Filmation or Style Guide. I don't really llike the curly hair and I don't how they'd do that the way they are doing the hair anyways.

I can't decide between those. Filmation is more recognizable and memorable cuz of her relationship with He-Man, but Style Guide may look a bit better as an action figure. I dunno...

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    You can blame Filmation for that. It's definitely the reason why I'm a PoP fan.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I'm thinkin she needs to be Filmation or Style Guide. I don't really llike the curly hair and I don't how they'd do that the way they are doing the hair anyways.

I can't decide between those. Filmation is more recognizable and memorable cuz of her relationship with He-Man, but Style Guide may look a bit better as an action figure. I dunno...
    I'm pro toy! I think everyone knows that about me, by now.

No matter what they decide to do, I think she needs:

- Reversible wings (pink on one shiny, shiny/sparkly yellow gold on the other, like the toy and Filmation...the pink side, at least).
    - Blonde, curly haired head with toy head band (sculpted like the first fan art I posted. I've seen sculpted curly hair. )
    - Wavy, darker hair (Filmation)

For the outfit, I want the toy, obviously, but would be okay with Filmation because it's nearly identical to her mini-comic appearances! I'm not a fan of the drab, mono-chromatic Style Guide outfit. It's like black and white but using shades of yellow!

I was always thrown by that picture of Sweet Bee in the Style Guide. She never appears in ANY media looking like that!

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that the pink side of her wings glow-in-the-dark!

http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Toys...SweetBee1a.jpg

Helmet from Filmation:

Cardback (my personal favourite picture of Sweet Bee! Always wanted her toy to look exactly like this!):

Other box art pics:

Last edited by Darkspecter; May 15, 2011 at 01:10am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

I'm all for Sweet Bee. I think she'll be a great addition to the line. The Style Guide version isn't bad, but I think I prefer the toy version on this one. Perhaps we'll get both or a combination of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Because, depending on how you look at it, it's a collection of Amazons your parents wouldn't have dared buy you or it's the camp. I was pretty lucky, being a girl and all, don't think I had Sweet Bee (I know for sure I had Angella, Swift Wind, the dress up set, She-Ra and Frosta- who was still around when I was wearing out April O'Neil, the sole TMNT figure that didn't survive my childhood) but she's so cute! I like getting new figures each month but it's the girls I really look forward to, lol.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    As much as Im a 'Toy' Version Fan, I really think that Sweet Bee is one of the Characters that would benefit From a hybrid Design ala Bow!

I think Curls would work well, to set her apart from the other figures, and I think the Toys Boot/Strap design is really necessary to avoid another Bland Boot design. The Collar is needed as is the Head dress, but I far prefer Emilianos 'Organic' design.

And I would like a more Organic sculpt of the outfit and Bodice.

but whatever Really, cos Sweet Bee is -Unlike Catra and She Ra- Very similar in all her Media, so its all good.

But I do agree with DarkSpectre, The Style guide version is just plain Dull color wise! Yawn!

Also Just curious, do we see her as an Insect woman Or just a chick in a Bee dress with wings? Cos I think she needs to be solidly one or the other!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Oh, I forgot to post this one picture Emiliano did for the Special Edition of Secret of the Sword. If all the PoP ladies looked exactly like these ones do, I would be happy*.

*with a toy coloured variant of Castaspella and Kowl and a Filmation variant of Angella.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Wow! Great Image! and I agree I would be happy with the MOTUC POP looking like that....with the one exception of She Ras 'Star Burst' bodice! I will always Maintain that the TOY version is far superior!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Wow! Great Image! and I agree I would be happy with the MOTUC POP looking like that....with the one exception of She Ras 'Star Burst' bodice! I will always Maintain that the TOY version is far superior!
    I didn't even mention her because She-Ra 2.0 is supposed to allow us to build our ultimate She-Ra: Toy or Filmation. We'll see at SDCC though. I don't know if I'll be able to handle the reveals!

God, I love that picture. I have the He-Man one and the She-Ra one done by Emil hanging in my room. I wish he got to do the MOTU and PoP villains though.