Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Sweet Bee Thread

Seeing all of those images together, I'm surprised at how relatively consistent all of her depictions have been.

I'd like to see the black and gold necklace, belt, and skirt trim of the toy and package for the sake of detail. Plus, they give more of a bee theme while the style guide looks more like a butterfly. It think toy accuracy would be really close to Filmation colors, which is a nice treat.

I always support glow-in-the-dark.

The helmet would be awesome.

I want the MOTUC Sweet-Bee figure to look like she does in Emiliano's POP cast picture. I think it uses the Filmation look as a base, but incorporates interesting details from the toy - like the gold jewel in the headband, the yellow with black stripes on the choker, the double black stripe on the hem of the skirt, the lace-up front boots. But it also retains the Filmation style wavy hair. I hope the MOTUC figure looks like that.

Oh, and I also want the wings to be reversable - one side sparkly gold, and the other side glow-in-the-dark pink - and the headband had better glow in the dark like the vintage figure too!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I want the MOTUC Sweet-Bee figure to look like she does in Emiliano's POP cast picture. I think it uses the Filmation look as a base, but incorporates interesting details from the toy - like the gold jewel in the headband, the yellow with black stripes on the choker, the double black stripe on the hem of the skirt, the lace-up front boots. But it also retains the Filmation style wavy hair. I hope the MOTUC figure looks like that.

Oh, and I also want the wings to be reversable - one side sparkly gold, and the other side glow-in-the-dark pink - and the headband had better glow in the dark like the vintage figure too!
    Yep, the more I look at it the More I love that version!

I personally would like the 'Headband' to be under her hair, what about you guys?

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I had a feeling Sweet Bee would be one of the ladies announced this year ... now I'm not so sure.

I'd like a toy based version though I would consider a toy-styleguide hybrid.

However, to give the Filmation bio its due, I would really love to see a helmeted second head for Sweet Bee.

Glad you started this thread Darkspecter!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Sweet Bee is a weird one for me....

I HATE the name, but I like the idea of a female Bee warrior.

I actually like all 3 designs - but I hate the curley hair and glitzy wings.

So I think a "hybrid" design like Bow would work well here.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I actually like all 3 designs - but I hate the curley hair and glitzy wings.
    If they make the wings like the original toy, it shouldn't be a problem for you because they're reversible!

Doing to two heads should please most people too!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Her "Honey Of A Guide!" tag line always cracks me up.

Put me down on the list that wants her to be based on the original toy. The extra head would be pretty cool too. I'm curious to see what the 4H will do with the comb this time. Something honeycomb-shaped perhaps? (I'm kind of hoping they break the trend though.)

I don't really mind which version of Sweet Bee we get but I do think a "hybrid" design like Bow would work well for her. I want all the POP girls but if I'm honest Sweet Bee is near the bottom end of my POP want list.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I'm every time amazed, how many male fans PoP has.
    I think guys liking the POP CHARACTERS is no different than men reading Power Girl, She-Hulk, Wonder Woman, Black Widow, Red Sonja, Catwoman, Tarot or Cavewoman or watching Xena or the Sarah Connor Chronicles. That's the problem with POP and NA--people judge those characters based on their OLD toys, not the awesome toys that they are sure to get from this toyline.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 15, 2011 at 10:18am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress Ninjor Tung Lashor Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Mermista Evilseed (MYP)

I love Sweet Bee. I hope that going forward they do hybrid designs for all of the Pop characters. Bow turned out so great I'd like to see them continue to do that with the girls too.

I do think that the Horsemen should sculpt her face to look like the cartoon.

Certainly visually interesting, but not one of my favorites from when I looked through the .org's archive. I guess I'm having a hard time thinking of potential cool stuff she could come with. I'm assuming that, if they hadn't previously come with a weapon, then the 4H will make one for them. However, it would be boring if she came with something normal like a sword or a spear, you know? For Netossa a spear would work with the hunter angle...with this one - well, I don't know. I'm not sure I have a good reason for thinking that she needs something a little more interesting than a standard weapon.

As for all the various pics; I'm liking different stuff from different pictures. Here's what I like so far:

- I like that helmet in the tiny filmation pic. That would certainly bump her up in my eyes!

- Amazingly enough, I like the filmation face the best; it has the most personality.

- The style guide wings look the coolest to me. Sparkly or pink wings would be too plain, I think. Those style guide wings in translucent yellowish-orange with those lined details would really pop!

I guess that's about it. Beyond the visuals, I'd also be curious about what she is. Human with bee stuff? Hybrid? A strange andreenid? The bio should be interesting.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I guess I'm having a hard time thinking of potential cool stuff she could come with. I'm assuming that, if they hadn't previously come with a weapon, then the 4H will make one for them. However, it would be boring if she came with something normal like a sword or a spear, you know?
    We had a conversation a while back in the chatroom when Toyguru randomly mentioned Sweet Bee. I couldnt think of the name of what you call the thing that came to my mind at the time and Uncle Montork said it was a honey dipper. Regardless I think a modified "honey dipper" would be a cool new weapon or "secret accessory" as they like to call them.

One of those things. It could either be some kind of wand or even a mace. Anything but a damn comb weapon!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Regardless I think a modified "honey dipper" would be a cool new weapon or "secret accessory" as they like to call them.
    I like it a lot.

Perhaps with the new female body they can give us enough parts to represent BOTH primary versions of Sweet Bee. I'd love to have the means to create both the vintage toy AND the style guide.

The style guide version is aesthetically pleasing and would make a nice figure. The toy version is colorful and more detailed. Filmation is sort of "blah"....

And, hang me if you will.... but I'd really LOVE it if they made her into an insectoid. It would make more sense to me. But I know fans might hate that.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

We had a conversation a while back in the chatroom when Toyguru randomly mentioned Sweet Bee. I couldnt think of the name of what you call the thing that came to my mind at the time and Uncle Montork said it was a honey dipper. Regardless I think a modified "honey dipper" would be a cool new weapon or "secret accessory" as they like to call them.

http://www.leechesson.com/Honey_Dipp...pers%20400.jpg
    http://www.blogcdn.com/www.slashfood...ac77eca89c.jpg
    http://www.cheftools.com/images/06-1320-180.jpg

One of those things. It could either be some kind of wand or even a mace. Anything but a damn comb weapon!
    Ah-ha, good idea! That's perfect. Just the unique sort of weapon to make her interesting.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I like it a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Ah-ha, good idea! That's perfect. Just the unique sort of weapon to make her interesting.
    Maybe I should post it over on Matty and present the idea to Toyguru? Although he tends to overlook my ask Matty posts.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think guys liking the POP CHARACTERS is no different than men reading Power Girl, She-Hulk, Wonder Woman, Black Widow, Red Sonja, Catwoman, Tarot or Cavewoman...
    Should anything be read into you focusing on characters with big bazongas? [Since you list Tarot, the Jim Balant Catwoman is the version that leaps to mind]

http://www.leechesson.com/Honey_Dipp...pers%20400.jpg
    http://www.blogcdn.com/www.slashfood...ac77eca89c.jpg
    http://www.cheftools.com/images/06-1320-180.jpg

Would make a decent mace, yeah.

Looking back at Sweet Bee's Home though, her main power there was to weave "honeycomb" nets for use as ladders or traps. And, hey, they did something similar for Leech...

A honecomb net would be cool too, though I'd take a hand held weapon over the net if we had to choose between the two. If they could manage both, then I'd be all for it! Her and Netossa could be the trap setters.

As im focused more on Castaspella, the early rumours about Sweet Bee as one of the possible upcoming figures drives me crazy.
    Then .... it was becoming quite ....
    I would like to come in her style guide incarnation and like Count Marzo mentioned, a honey dipper like weapon.

Heroic Warrior
    Unless female figures are improved and the quality is flawless, I probably won't buy Sweet Bee.

She is a character that doesn't appeal much to me, and knowing that the females still have issues (cf. Catra's hand), there are only 1 or 2 more females figures I need past Marlena. If Mattel cannot improve the quality, I'll be done very soon with female figures.

P.S. : I like the suggestion of a more agressive looking "honey dipper" mace for her weapon !

I'm definitely all for a Sweet-Bee fig. She's actually one of the more interesting characters from POP, IMO. Here's hoping that the design is more along the Andreenid motif.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Some Sweet Bee art from my hard drive.

This is one of my favorite PoP characters actually. Second to Frosta from the figure that were released in the vintage line. I think of Sweet Bee as a warrior of her race. I'd like to see her with a sword and blaster like BG Teela. As well as her space helmet. A Bee lady from space that kicks serious butt. Even though she is being captured in three of the pictures below and fainting in another...

The first two images are of her in her space suit. One from Filmation and one says Aosgood 2006.

The next two were from a user I haven't seen on in a while. And this is terrible but I can't remember their user ID Which makes me feel extra dumb since I used to PM them. I believe his real name was Matt. If my memory can be trusted.

I think they were close friends with the user Beyond_the_Legends. Anyone know who I'm talking about?

And finally one from Sha and the one with Modulok is from Buffalo Bill Man

Last edited by davidlogan; May 30, 2011 at 03:37pm.

Plus, I really like that "honey-dipper" weapon idea. It could be made to look and function like a jousting weapon, the likes of the droid guard that General Grievous used in SW.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Now...how the heck was there already a Sweet Bee thread from 2010? I seriously searched for Sweet Bee in thread titles and there was no official thread!

Anyway, I also like the honey dipper idea. It could make a nice staff and the pole could have various honeycomb designs down the side.

Please...no more comb weapons though! Comb-axe was very cool...comb-whip was too far and fell short.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    Some Sweet Bee art from my hard drive.

This is one of my favorite PoP characters actually. Second to Frosta from the figure that were released in the vintage line. I think of Sweet Bee as a warrior of her race. I'd like to see her with a sword and blaster like BG Teela. As well as her space helmet. A Bee lady from space that kicks serious butt. Even though she is being captured in three of the pictures below and fainting in another...

The first two images are of her in her space suit. One from Filmation and one says Aosgood 2006.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7..._beehelmet.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...sspacesuit.jpg

The next two were from a user I haven't seen on in a while. And this is terrible but I can't remember their user ID Which makes me feel extra dumb since I used to PM them. I believe his real name was Matt. If my memory can be trusted.

I think they were close friends with the user Beyond_Legend. Anyone know who I'm talking about?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../Sweet_Bee.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7..._SweetBee2.jpg

And finally one from Sha and the one with Modulok is from Buffalo Bill Man

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ee_rescued.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ockCARDART.jpg
    Thanks for the images