Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keldor may be even harder to order now...

Keldor may be even harder to order now...

Sorry if this has been posted, couldn't see it anywhere, if it has please delete...

Looks like getting Keldor may be even harder then first estimated.

From a Matty Facebook update...

Mattycollector.com "DCUC Fans, wanted to let you know that due to a logistics issue, the sale of Wave 5 is moving to our June 15th sale."

...or maybe, that much easier...! (Trying to be optimistic!)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    That's definably more traffic, which causes longer WSOD.
    Considering the weapons pack sold out in 15 minutes,
    I wouldn't be surprised if Keldor, but also Tytus sell out even faster.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    And the good news just keeps on comin'.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    ...or maybe, that much easier...! (Trying to be optimistic!)
    No, it is going to be worse--She Ra, Keldor, wave 5, Faker--not only logistically but also financially. I was going to buy four She-Ra because of the multiple head looks, a Faker, 2 Keldors, 2 wave 5 plus the DCUC GL 5 pack, the 2 2 pack Walmart exclusives and wave 14 are all to come out in June.

ALL I WANT IS A FAKER! Gaaaah!

Don't freak out, guys. Matty's other lines don't see a fraction of the site traffic/server stress that MOTUC causes.

It will be easier if people go for DCUC first or take their time adding things. For those of us that may only want Keldor; I hope it's easier.

The 6'' Peter Venkman is also going on sale that day instead of this month. That was news to me but the mod who posted it (in response to a post of mine) made it seem like it was old news. At least that'll lighten the traffic for Tytus.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

What's the point of worrying so much? In the end, there is nothing you can do to change anything, so relax and wait for May 17th and, hopefully, you'll get your figures.
    Let the power return!!

Now I can't wait for the "Gee Willikers holy sell out times Batman! The MOTUC stuff sells like hotcakes while everything else moves like Ketchup in a glass bottle!" reaction. I hope I can get my MOTUC stuff... She-Ra, her uncle and her bro's doppleganger
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Why can't they sell other items on other days? Wouldn't that make sense to save space on the server.

Quote Originally Posted by philco_3 View Post
    Why can't they sell other items on other days? Wouldn't that make sense to save space on the server.
    If it wasn't for scarcity marketing, it would be better to have different days for different products. Trouble is Mattel wants to use this idea to "sell" their stuff. I still don't have an understanding what the long term idea is. Either way, even if Keldor was all that was being sold that day, he'll be next to impossible to get. I just hope Mattel allows it to last around the 15 minute mark so we have something worth calling a slim chance in a certain hot place.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

because they claim thye want to save their customers money

Quote Originally Posted by philco_3 View Post
    It depends. Alot of people like the figures on the same day so they can save on shipping. However, Matty could just sell different lines about an hour apart. That way their stuff is still being sold on the same day. I think that would help.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I'm not sure which si worse. Having it:

Tytus x2
    Optikk x2
    Metallo Series

or

She-Ra x2
    Keldor x3
    Faker x2
    Metallo series

BTW, supposedly Keldor has high increased production numbers like She-Ra and will not sell out in less than 4 minutes.
    Last edited by Dr Kain; April 27, 2010 at 01:22am.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Oh thank god. I didn't want to have to shell out $160 next month. Gives me more time to save.

Provided I can get passed the WSOD and secure an order, I will need an extra Skeletor to head-swap with one of my Keldors. Like the idea of combining shipping with DCUC toys, did this with Colour of Fear 2 pak, but am undecided on Wave 5. If I get it will only be for the BAF Metallo figure.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    BTW, supposedly Keldor has high increased production numbers like She-Ra and will not sell out in less than 4 minutes.
    No, he won't have increased production. Toy Guru stated it more than one time. Mattel considered Keldor as a Skeletor variant and his production number is based on Battle Armor He-Man, who stuck around for quite a while.

I guess he'll be gone in 5 minutes, because fans see him as a heavy hitter and then in June, when production numbers should be increased so that everyone will get the monthly figure- a lot of fans will miss the bonus figure.

Things are getting worse each month.

Elder Councilman
    Um...don't forget about Lobo that month, oh; and don't underestimate Venkman; the 12" figure sold out in two-three days, and that's $60, not to mention quantities far higher than anything He-Man will ever see. If you think that's fast, a $20 Venkman may only help MOTUC crash the site in June!
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frankorobo View Post
    It depends. Alot of people like the figures on the same day so they can save on shipping. However, Matty could just sell different lines about an hour apart. That way their stuff is still being sold on the same day. I think that would help.
    This is a great idea, have the slower selling stuff released first so the fans can get them in there cart ready for MOTUC. Its still sold on the same day.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by frankorobo View Post
    That wouldn't work, at least for me. What do I say to my boss when I am leaving the floor every hour in hopes of getting figures each hour? Not to mention the shipping costs.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

So Keldor is back in June? I thought he started there and got moved to September.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosicrucian View Post
    Don't freak out, guys. Matty's other lines don't see a fraction of the site traffic/server stress that MOTUC causes.
    Except DCUC wave 5 isn't like the two-packs; this was the Walmart exclusive line that had very poor distribution (this time thanks to Wally, not Matty). This is mainstream product that was very hard to get (surprise, surprise, mattel product no one could find!), and many DCUC collectors have been clamoring for this for a long time. It's a totally different animal than the Animal Instincts pack or even the full DCUC wave sets they've been offering.

Now, it may not be the huge success they are hoping for, but I know there is a lot more interest in this offering than anything they've done for DCUC in the past.

And anything that adds traffic is going to cost folks with MOTUC in one way or another.

My bet: the site crashes so hard it is temporarily transported into an alternate universe.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Makes Tytus easier to get, then. Same difference for me.