Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Evil-Lyn with outlined iris

Evil-Lyn with outlined iris

I received my 2 Evil Lyn's today, didn't have the money to buy 2 more, like I usually would. However I decided to outline the iris's of Evil-Lyn, like Teela, Goddess and Adora have. WOW!! She looks so much better and less cheap. She is an amazing figure even without the outlined iris's...however it just brings on more of a professional paint job. I might do the two-toned eyeliner and lips like the Toyfare pic had. Not sure yet. Has anyone else added the outline to Evil-Lyn's iris's and if so, do you think she looks better?

yeah she's a great figure, but i wish that Teela came with a perch for Zoar like Evil-Lyn did for Screeech.

I think we will get that perch with Soreceress....who I hope is coming at the end of this year or very beginning of 2011. I hope they don't hold off on her like they did on all the other lines of MOTU, because with 200X we didn't even get a chance to get her and she was an important character, she should have been in atleast wave 3 or 4 of the 200X line.

i have the big AP statue for the Sorceress and 2 stactions of her, but i want a classics version of her from the 80's

I would love to see both versions in the MOTUC line. I am sure vintage will be first

Why don't you post pictures??

my camera phone isn't get a clear shot, for some reason. I will try to get a digital camera and take some pics.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Im planning to get a third Evil Lyn to 'custom' into the Toyfare paintjob!, it will be my 1st custom, but I figure Ill try it, and the spare Perch will go to Zoar!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by CicconeSC View Post
    I think we will get that perch with Soreceress....who I hope is coming at the end of this year or very beginning of 2011. I hope they don't hold off on her like they did on all the other lines of MOTU, because with 200X we didn't even get a chance to get her and she was an important character, she should have been in atleast wave 3 or 4 of the 200X line.
    I hope so too.

I think we will get the green perch and armor in the next weapons pak, as TG said they were looking into ways to bring us all the bird armor and perches in their "appropriate colors."

He also mentioned somewhere along the line that there would be another Zoar in the vintage toy/Sorceress colors.

I think the Sorceress will come with THAT Zoar, while the Teela one is the male Zoar, the Fighting Falcon from the mini-comics.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I think the Sorceress will come with THAT Zoar, while the Teela one is the male Zoar, the Fighting Falcon from the mini-comics.
    We have to stop calling Zoar to the Sorceress in falcon form. There is no sense in the fact that Sorceress transforms herself in another entity called "Zoar"...

-Zoar is the Fighting Falcon, an orange male bird with armor (as seen in minicomics).
    -Sorceress can transform herself into a blue falcon. She donīt need any armor (like in 200X) because is a magic being.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    yes please post a pic, i'm curious to see what a difference it makes!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Ok Heres a Question for those who already Have EL, what color plastic is her face/Head? is it the blue of the helmet and just painted Yellow, or is the face seperate from the helmet and solid Yellow Plastic?

I ask so I have an idea how to remove the Factory paint to customise, if i need to repaint her yellow, or just take off her makeup!

Cheers for any help, Aj

[/CENTER]

I repainted the eyes and lips on my Evil Lyn, I'll post pics tonight.

I felt like the green on her eye shadow was harsh and a bit overkill so I softened it back some, repainted her irises completely, and instead of a light pink, I went with a natural red on her lips. Brought out the sculpt much better IMO.

Again, pics forthcoming this evening.

@ Staff of Ka... Looks like her head is cast in blue, with yellow painted over.

The way I approached her eyeshadow, was to mix a yellow that was the same as her skin tone, and then "feathered" it on in a way by applying thin coats. The end result is a softer, almost airbrushed look, you can still see green eye shadow, but it's just blended in better.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post

@ Staff of Ka... Looks like her head is cast in blue, with yellow painted over.
    AWESOME! Thanks Buddy, from some of the pics already posted I thought her face was painted 'Yellow' because it didnt look exactly the same tone as the body.

Will be a while until I post pics of my OOAK cos, she wont arrive in australia for another month at least, but will get to her in time!!

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    We have to stop calling Zoar to the Sorceress in falcon form. There is no sense in the fact that Sorceress transforms herself in another entity called "Zoar"...

-Zoar is the Fighting Falcon, an orange male bird with armor (as seen in minicomics).
    -Sorceress can transform herself into a blue falcon. She donīt need any armor (like in 200X) because is a magic being.
    I agree on calling her Zoar in falcon form. I think that in Classics canon, it is as you posted here.

I still think The Sorceress' falcon should come with armor, perhaps the green perch and armor set, and a future Weapons Pak could have the other red set (or the reverse of that, either way).

I'm still thinking about grabbing a DC Beast Boy for his green bird; I could give Moss Man a plant-pet!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I'm looking foward to seeing Nate's picture of Evil-Lyn!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I felt like the green on her eye shadow was harsh and a bit overkill so I softened it back some, repainted her irises completely, and instead of a light pink, I went with a natural red on her lips. Brought out the sculpt much better IMO.

Can you share what tools and materials you used?

A mini "how to" on painting eyes would be fantastic, I have even looked online and can't find any tips or techniques. Nate did you ever repaint your green goddess? If you did I bet that figure looks outstanding?
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Okay here she is...

I'd post this in the customs, but honestly, the only thing I did here was paint her eyes and lips.

I use a fine brush, one that comes to a nice point. And for paints I use the Cartoon Colours Cell Vinyl paints.
    (Same paints the 4HM use on their prototypes, at least they used to at one point, I'm guessing they still do.)

Then I sprayed her with a Testors Dull Cote spray to seal the deal and then some gloss clear coat highlights on her lips and eyes to give them the needed glossy or wet look.

Pretty simple really. Again on the eye shadow, I just went really thin with the paint. (lots of water with the paint.)
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

That is niiiice!!!

That is much better and looks awesome. She actually looks more sultry now and less surprised.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Beautiful work as always, Baena!!!

Even with a fine brush, I can't imagine doing that level of detail. Any tips?

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    yeah send your figure to him w/ some cash to make your evil lyn look just as awesome!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback