Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which version of Queen Marlena do you prefer, and why?

Which version of Queen Marlena do you prefer, and why?

I'm wondering how everyone feels about the distinct difference in Marlena's appearance in the 80's and the one that appeared in the MYP toon.

1. Which version do you prefer, and why?

2. With a classic Randor already released, is there room for a 200X Marlena?

3. Should Adam and Adora's mother be a redhead, white haired, or a youthful brunette?

4. Does anyone think she might be a Christmas 2010 surprise, like Adora was originally planned to be?

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by PrinceAdam101; March 30, 2010 at 06:14pm.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I want the red head version in perhaps a red gown.
    Once you kill the cow, you gotta make a burger
    Positive Trade with : Thehorde,

I prefer 200x Randor and Filmation Marlena. The 200x interpretation of Marlena always looked a bit boring to me. Honestly, it's hard to imagine any Queen Marlena figure being terribly interesting.
    A boy and his cat versus the world...
    http://www.jaybellbooks.com/the-cat-in-the-cradle/

1. I prefer the version of Marlena which appeared in the Filmation series and the mini-comics. The green dress/Filmation version is probably the most well known incarnation. I like her astronaut outfit as well. If the dress can't be green because of legal restrictions, I wouldn't mind if it were another color (as in the mini-comics).

2. I'd rather see the line remain true to it's "classic" roots. Marlena should look as she would've had she appeared as a toy in the original line. If a 2002 version of her is released, that's fine, but the classic version of her should come first and foremost.

3. Red hair.

4. Maybe... it would be nice. Regardless, her release as a toy is long overdue.

Court Magician
    I prefer the 200x colours.

I still think Mattel should have use 200x colours (200x non anime style clothing would have been better, but the old toy look is ok to) instead of the god awful old toy colours.

But then again if they had I wouldn't have an action figure of the Burger King.

Heroic Warrior
    Filmation Marlena all the way! They actually can make her figure Filmation accurate because she appeared that way in one of the mini-comics, with red hair and the green dress. I hope they make her soon, so that the royal family can finally be together (after we also get classic Adam).

My selection would go to Filmation Marlena, it's the one look that makes me look at her and say, 'Now that's the Queen.' Unlike her MYP counterpart that only made me wonder how she got to Eternia from Ancient Rome or Greece.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Filmation Marlena or the MYP MOTU VS the Snakemen marlena. not the first seaons look that was dull. if they can't do filmations look then I'd take the 'armoured' marlena in filmation colours. maybe that is the SDCC exclusive, the online version is green the other is maroon.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

The MYP representation of Marlena was VERY weak... and I'm not just talking about her costume design. She was one of the most severely underused and poorly written characters of the whole series and I'd rather they give us Filmation Marlena (or something new entirely) than an action figure of the 2002 Marlena. I doubt they can give us the green robe Filmation version (as she never appeared this way as an action figure in the classic line... I imagine using that version is a big no-no for Mattel just like Scorpia or Shadow Weaver or Filmation Marzo are no-no's in MOTUC). Her mini-comic appearances weren't that great... soo... I dunno. Give me a red-headed queen with classic-toy MOTU-ish costume of some sort and I'll be happy with that as the Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by demonknight View Post
    I prefer the 200x colours.

I still think Mattel should have use 200x colours (200x non anime style clothing would have been better, but the old toy look is ok to) instead of the god awful old toy colours.

But then again if they had I wouldn't have an action figure of the Burger King.

I second the use of the 200X designs and colors.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

The hot Filmation Marlena,all the way!!! The MYP Marlena looked no older than Adam! I hated they gave her brown hair,but I did like her battle armor!The MYP version just didn't resemble Queen Marlena!
    Last edited by TITAN; March 30, 2010 at 07:10pm.

1. Which version do you prefer, and why?
    I want the original look. Call it Filmation or mini-comic, whathaveyou, but I want the Classic Marlena in the simple gown. Now, I'm not terribly particular on the color scheme, as long as her red hair is maintained. The dress can come in any of the available colors (or a few, if that avenue makes sense for exclusives or some such). She should come with a scepter similar to 200X Adam's thouhg, to tie her in nicely. (I hope any and all Adam figures we get also come equiped with the scepter.) I would also love to see her astronaut gear, or even a simple helmet as a secret accessory. The DC Comics look would work for me, but an interesting idea would be to use the design of the spacesuit/armor found in the Vintage Castle Grayskull.

2. With a classic Randor already released, is there room for a 200X Marlena?
    I would take a 200X Marlena later on. I actually liked her 200X look quite a bit, although I felt that only MVC managed to put her character to as strong and prolific use as she deserves. If that figure were to come, I would expect a more 200X Randor as well. Batle Armor versions of both would be fun as well. (I would also like to see a young Captain Randor later on.)

3. Should Adam and Adora's mother be a redhead, white haired, or a youthful brunette?
    As stated previously, Marlena has always been a redhead in my eyes.This look, as well as her facial sculpt, should be maintained throughout all future incarnations.

4. Does anyone think she might be a Christmas 2010 surprise, like Adora was originally planned to be?
    That would be a great Christmas gift!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

We are going to have to go with Filmation colors...the 200x Marlena colors are just an "interpretation" of the original character.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

1. Filmation.
    (mark that down kids, as I may never actually say such a thing again!)
    She just looks better to me that way.

2. there is definitely room for a 200x Marlena, if they ever got around to making one.

3. Anything but the white hair!

4. Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    We are going to have to go with Filmation colors...the 200x Marlena colors are just an "interpretation" of the original character.
    Did you see what he did just there? He sneaked in a jibe regarding the 200X He-Man "situation" just there.... You clever guy!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Not to be a troll, but I'm having trouble imagining anyone wanting ANY Marlena. Think about it from a "toy" point of view, a toy's intrinsic value being playability. Yup, I have a Marlena figure who can, I dunno, sit here.

It's kind of like how there was no Star Wars Mon Mothma in the 80s. What kid wants an old lady in a gown who delivers three lines of exposition? Yeah, that's fun.

Ok Ok, I know many of you just display these, viewing them more as statues/decoration. Most of you surely don't play with them. But they ARE toys, and playability is the spirit of a toy, and Marlena just ain't got it.

Filmation only

Quote Originally Posted by cayman shen View Post
    Not to be a troll, but I'm having trouble imagining anyone wanting ANY Marlena. Think about it from a "toy" point of view, a toy's intrinsic value being playability. Yup, I have a Marlena figure who can, I dunno, sit here.

It's kind of like how there was no Star Wars Mon Mothma in the 80s. What kid wants an old lady in a gown who delivers three lines of exposition? Yeah, that's fun.

Ok Ok, I know many of you just display these, viewing them more as statues/decoration. Most of you surely don't play with them. But they ARE toys, and playability is the spirit of a toy, and Marlena just ain't got it.
    I own both Mon Mothma figures...and I love them! So...nyah!

Absolutely the Filmation Marlena!

While I'd love a "Filmation" Marlena (Redhead, Green Gown) I fear that she might not be possible. (The red tape, "Filmation" Characters, etc.) If that Marlena is not doable then I'd rather have a Battle Armor Marlena (200X vs Snakemen) without the "Anime Flair" or "Hyperdetailing". If she comes out as a brunette I'll repaint her hair in a reddish tone.
    The MYP "greek" Marlena looks kinda bland.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Filmation without a doubt!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    I'd prefer the MOTU vs. Snakemen MYP version. To me it's the only version where she actually looks like she's capable of fighting evil in any form. That's important to me in any MOTU line (mostly because my vision of Eternia matches the box art from the vintage creatures/vehicles/playsets). Although I enjoy the vinatge cartoon, Filmation MOTU was always too light and airy for my tastes.

As an aside, does Filmation Marlena remind anyone else of Star Trek Voyager's Captain Janeway??? LOL!

Queen Marlena is one of my most anticipated never-before-released characters in this line. I want her to maintain her vintage FILMation look, with the green dress, which was featured in a mini-comic so should be fair game for use in MOTUC.

I definitely prefer the MYP Marlena. I guess that design just speaks to me more than the Filmation version.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Yeah, I'm in the minority here, but I prefer the MYP version; the battle armor more than anything else. I wonder if they can merge the classic look with a more battle armor look. I mean, King Randor is like his figure but nothing like his Filmation counterpart (thankfully)...so I hope we can get a more action-oriented Marlena.