Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 109

Thread: Which version of Queen Marlena do you prefer, and why?

  1. #51
    Heroic Warrior Marvelous0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Outside of Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    6,503
    I want Marlena, Warrior Queen. While I like Filmation Marlena. I think her look is a no no. So 200X version is fine. Just as long as she is made! That's all that matters!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

  2. #52
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Westchester County, New York
    Posts
    2,042
    I am open to a variety of options for Marlena. Since she was not a vintage figure, I'd say go for it and make her with the best of all versions or just make a completely new version of her. I'm sure the horsemen can make her fit right in with the classics line... Perhaps she can have a color scheme that will go with Randor. After all they are king and queen.

  3. #53
    Heroic Warrior Khror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    France (95)
    Posts
    787
    1. I would prefer Marlena to be in combat suit (200X).
    When I saw her dressed like that I found the idea and the design really great!
    After that, I prefer the "normal" 200X version. more detailed and prettier than the filmation version.
    And lastly the filmation style... The filmation style is sooo poor. A crown, a green dress and that's all. Ok it's the "vintage style"… it's good for the nostalgia but that's all.

    2. I think a 200X marlena can stand only aside of a 200X King Randor
    But a Queen Marlena on combat suit can stand alone perfectly!

    3. I would prefer a "youthful brunette" but It would be ok for me if she would be a "redhead"... but not a "white haired"

    4. I don't mind the way she would be released as long as I can find the figure

  4. #54
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,384
    They should just include 2 heads with Queen Marlena, unless like Randor, Marlena is going to have two versions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Queen Marlena is one character that I can live without having a figure. I mean the one we would need is the Filmation version. Did MYP even do anything with her at all? Sorry, I just see her as a useless figure. I'm not making a chess set here so no need for the queen. This is one figure that I'd definitely pass on as I don't know how they could possibly make her appeal to me.



    While Filmation Marlena was a fighter pilot, MYP Marlena was a melee warrior and could fight. In her battle armor, she fought both Tung Lashor AND Kobra Khan in the snow until Randor and Battle Cat found her.

    Stabbing Tung Lashor in the tongue...bad ass!



    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    I want Marlena, Warrior Queen. While I like Filmation Marlena. I think her look is a no no. So 200X version is fine. Just as long as she is made! That's all that matters!
    The Filmation version appeared in the mini-comics. Bruce Timm and Alfredo Alcala drew her. She's doable.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; March 31, 2010 at 09:30am.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  5. #55
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    503
    Although I'd love to eventually see Queen Marlena released in her famous gown, I'd really like to see a warrior queen Marlena - emerald green armour, red hair but looking like a MOTUC version of her battle armour in the MYP. I liked the idea that this was a Queen that could kick some butt.

    The MOTU toy of King Randor used the same colour scheme but gave him armour. IMO this made him more of a warrior king (which was also how he was depicted in the MYP version) than the fop he was in the classic toon. So why not do it with Queen Marlena.

    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Are you suggesting that Eternians breed with members of the Green Tiger tribe? I mean, I knew that Eternia was medieval but that's down right prehistoric. However, my esteemed Dr. Whiplash VII, being that my premise was for a red haired astronaut Marlena, she was indeed from Earth and thus the earth based hair color genetics do apply.



    Like I said, I am uncertain which recessive gene trumps which between red and blonde hair so I could be wrong. I was too busy studying up on silicone implants to delve too much into hair genetic dominance during medical school. And true, Marlena could have dyed her hair as well but we don't have an official action figure of her to test our theories. However, I do have the dark eyebrows on Adora's and He-Man's action figure as implicit proof...
    Ah, what an interesting debate. However, if we were to suppose that Marlena was in fact a natural brunette she could still produce a blond haired child. Two parents with brown hair and blue eyes can (and often) produce a child that will have blond hair and blue eyes. However, the same can happen if one parents has brown hair and the other has blond or red. What usally happens is the offsprings hair will naturally darken when puberty begins.

    I am an example. My father had very dark brown hair (and was often mistaked for being arabic), my mother had light brown hair, both had brown eyes. I used to have platinum blond hair (it went brown is now going grey).

    However, attempting to breed with another species for example a human and a tiger, could cause many problems, including a very long spell in a prison where the human may have to breed with their inmates. This would not produce children but may cause eyes to water especially if the other inmate is a 6'6" bearded hells angel who insists you call him Shirley.
    Last edited by Tiggerbeast; March 31, 2010 at 10:08am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #56
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,498
    Of course, I'd have to go with the original at least somewhat Filmation inspired version. The 2002 version had to be completely overhauled midseries without any explanation as to where she suddenly got a backbone from; she went from someone who stood in the background looking concerned to weilding a sword with no development in between. Bad writing.

    The original version was an independent woman and former astronaut who commanded some respect from the first few episodes. She acted like a queen and Randor's equal; you could easily see why he fell in love with her.

    For me it's the character that decides it; the armored version might make a better looking figure, but I want the Marlena who was a stronger character overall.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  7. #57
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,384
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Of course, I'd have to go with the original at least somewhat Filmation inspired version. The 2002 version had to be completely overhauled midseries without any explanation as to where she suddenly got a backbone from; she went from someone who stood in the background looking concerned to weilding a sword with no development in between. Bad writing.
    I disagree.

    I think it's comparable to Filmation Marlena suddenly becoming a fighter pilot (not astronaut, but a fighter pilot) in The Rainbow Warrior. Marlena was always a rather quiet character (although she was more vocal in Filmation's 130 episodes than MYP's 39) who probably has always had fighting skill in both shows but is usually never in an opportunity to use it.

    Filmation Marlena has the obvious advantage of an origin. 200X Marlena's origin is unknown. Maybe if MYP had 100 more episodes like Filmation did, then fans wouldn't be so rough on her.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; March 31, 2010 at 11:11am.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  8. #58
    Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    7,783
    the filmation version is cool w/ me!

    =)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

    My Trader Feedback thread:

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

  9. #59
    Heroic Warrior Grayskull_Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    110
    I didn't see enough from the 200x Marlena to develop any kind of attachment for her. The Filmation one I dug. I felt she had personality and was more than just Adam's mom. She was a great pilot, an astronaut and she rounded up the troops and rescued her family and kicked ass. I actually like her more than I do the Filmation Randor.

    The fact that she knew who He-Man was (ambiguous as it was) made her even cooler than she already was.

  10. #60
    Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Posts
    9,042
    Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    Hilarious!!

    Thanks for the quick refresher of undergrad genetics, week one. That gave me some fun flashbacks to the good ol days when I was barely old enough to drink, legally

    Medical school??? Is this a clue to the mystery of Benedict Judas Hel?? Very interesting.......
    Oh, you went to North Hollywood Upstairs Medical College, too? Those were some good times. Go North Hollywood Spineless Worms (our team mascot)!

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    First, a 25% chance that a child will have blonde hair is not impossible—it is not even rare.
    True, it is not rare. I never said the 25% chance of brunette Marlena and Randor having a blonde offspring was rare. But 2 brunette parents having two blonde haired children who turn out to be twins of opposite genders is rare. Starting out with 25% chance of them having one blonde child then having another blonde child would give us the cumulative probability of its occurrence of 6.25% (1/4 x 1/4 = 1/16). And that's just having two blonde kids in succession. Factoring in the probability that said children are twins of opposite gender would make that probability much lower. Unfortunately I can't do the calculations because I don't have the data for the probability of twin births but it would definitely lower the 6.25% chance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Second, there is no phenotype for red hair. Red hair is a mutation of the expression of the phenotype for blonde hair. Therefore, there is a 50% chance that a child with a brown-haired parent and a red-haired parent will have blonde hair.
    Granted, A_PoE. Thanks for the knowledge injection. I was unsure about the red hair gene and stated so in my initial post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbeast View Post
    Ah, what an interesting debate. However, if we were to suppose that Marlena was in fact a natural brunette she could still produce a blond haired child. Two parents with brown hair and blue eyes can (and often) produce a child that will have blond hair and blue eyes. However, the same can happen if one parents has brown hair and the other has blond or red. What usally happens is the offsprings hair will naturally darken when puberty begins.
    Yup. I stated the fact that a brunette Marlena could give birth to blonde haired offspring in my initial post (25% chance).

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbeast View Post
    However, attempting to breed with another species for example a human and a tiger, could cause many problems, including a very long spell in a prison where the human may have to breed with their inmates. This would not produce children but may cause eyes to water especially if the other inmate is a 6'6" bearded hells angel who insists you call him Shirley.
    Well, although an intimate encounter with a tiger may prove pleasurable for an Eternian you are right in that no offspring is possible. Human semen is incompatible with animal egg cells.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; April 1, 2010 at 01:43pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

    "It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

    Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

  11. #61
    Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Well, although an intimate encounter with a tiger may prove pleasurable for an Eternian you are right in that no offspring is possible. Human semen is incompatible with animal egg cells.
    The chances of alien semen being compatable with human egg cells is even lower than viable tiger/human offspring, though (tigers and humans at least have a common ancestor and thus SOME common genetic and phenotypic traits. There's every possibility that alien "DNA" wouldn't even involve deoxyribonucleic acid, or that the cellular structure would be significantly different in materials or design).

    Even allowing for the fact that Eternians and humans are clearly compatible enough for at least one generation of offspring (although my bet would be that both Adam & Adora are sterile), maybe the Eternian genes for hair colour don't line up with the human genes, and every single Eternian/human hybrid would come out blond(e) regardless of the parental hair colour as some random throw of the genetic dice comes into play. If so, they should just count themselves lucky that throw didn't inadvertantly mutate something important.
    Last edited by Reboot; March 31, 2010 at 01:21pm.

  12. #62
    Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Posts
    9,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    The chances of alien semen being compatable with human egg cells is even lower than viable tiger/human offspring, though (tigers and humans at least have a common ancestor and thus SOME common genetic and phenotypic traits. There's every possibility that Eternian "DNA" wouldn't even involve deoxyribonucleic acid, or that the cellular structure would be significantly different in materials or design).

    Even allowing for the fact that they are clearly compatible enough for at least one generation of offspring (although my bet would be that both Adam & Adora would be sterile), maybe the Eternian genes for hair colour don't line up with the human genes, and every single Eternian/human hybrid would come out blond(e) regardless of the parental hair colour.
    Well, we do know that Adam isn't sterile as he and Teela have Gray as a son, if my vintage MOTU history is correct. Plus, Gray didn't come out as blond but as a brunette. And, as you have stated, Eternian DNA is compatible with Earth DNA with the birth of Adora and Adam.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; March 31, 2010 at 01:25pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

    "It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

    Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

  13. #63
    Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    8,252
    My nostalgic side would prefer the green-gowned Filmation Marlena, but I'm Ok with her in battle uniform - just so long as she and Randor don't look mismatched next to each other.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

  14. #64
    Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Well, we do know that Adam isn't sterile as he and Teela have Gray as a son, if my vintage MOTU history is correct.
    Where's that from? The "He-Ro, Son of He-Man" pitch?

    If so, I'm pretty sure that kid was meant to be a foundling/adopted (the Sorceress tells King Adam to find a new bearer for the Sword of Power, and he literally goes and finds a kid). Besides the fact that never became a series/published, and so is basically fanfic.

  15. #65
    Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Posts
    9,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Where's that from? The "He-Ro, Son of He-Man" pitch?

    If so, I'm pretty sure that kid was meant to be a foundling/adopted (the Sorceress tells King Adam to find a new bearer for the Sword of Power, and he literally goes and finds a kid). Besides the fact that never became a series/published, and so is basically fanfic.
    I thought that was going to be the Powers of Grayskull storyline. But I could be wrong as MOTU history is my weak point. But it wasn't fanfic. I'm not crazy enough (about MOTU) to read fanfic of my own accord. But with all the MOTUC bio crap I read I may have been blending all this stuff together. Or maybe it could be part of my many daytime delusional hallucinations. I seriously hope not though. I can't put down into words how pathetic I would feel about myself if I started hallucinating about MOTU. Well, more pathetic than usual.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; March 31, 2010 at 01:44pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

    "It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

    Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

  16. #66
    Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,709
    I think you're conflating the two He-Ros - Lou Scheimer's "He-Ro, Son of He-Man" pitch that was never bought, and Mattel's abandoned "Powers of Grayskull" line. The former was Dare (IIRC), Adam & Teela's adopted son; the latter was Grey, a wizard and possible ancestor of Adam from the distant past.

    [Someone please tell me if *I* have this straight, huh? I don't want to be spreading any more misinformation than is strictly necessary ]

  17. #67
    Fighting Foe Fan Whiplash7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Are you suggesting that Eternians breed with members of the Green Tiger tribe? I mean, I knew that Eternia was medieval but that's down right prehistoric. However, my esteemed Dr. Whiplash VII, being that my premise was for a red haired astronaut Marlena, she was indeed from Earth and thus the earth based hair color genetics do apply.
    eh, I was talking about common mammalian genetic traits, and assuming an eternian origin for eternian humans. But earth genetics still don't strictly apply...when you're on a planet with green tigers, blue-skinned humanoids, and dinosaurs that 'develop techno parts", everything kind of goes out the window.

  18. #68
    Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Posts
    9,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    I think you're conflating the two He-Ros - Lou Scheimer's "He-Ro, Son of He-Man" pitch that was never bought, and Mattel's abandoned "Powers of Grayskull" line. The former was Dare (IIRC), Adam & Teela's adopted son; the latter was Grey, a wizard and possible ancestor of Adam from the distant past.
    That sounds correct. Thanks for the help. But my main point still stands. Eternian DNA and Earth DNA is compatible enough to produce offspring. Sterile? Perhaps. But given their physical attributes (muscular Adam and statuesque Adora) I don't think there would be any genetic malfunctions. If they were to be sterile, I would attribute more to the constant bombardment of Grayskull energy radiation everytime they transformed into their superpower alter egos. Now, that stuff will make you sterile!

    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    [Someone please tell me if *I* have this straight, huh? I don't want to be spreading any more misinformation than is strictly necessary ]
    Aw, come on! Misinformation is fun! I enjoy it all the time!

    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    eh, I was talking about common mammalian genetic traits, and assuming an eternian origin for eternian humans. But earth genetics still don't strictly apply...when you're on a planet with green tigers, blue-skinned humanoids, and dinosaurs that 'develop techno parts", everything kind of goes out the window.
    While I would normally agree with you, my esteemed associate, given that Adam and Adora are born with human traits (bipeds, monocephalic bilobes, single stomachs) I feel that DNA is relevant when talking about the humans. Now, I won't even touch dragons, Trollans or insect people. Just humans.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; March 31, 2010 at 01:55pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

    "It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

    Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

  19. #69
    Human Mutant Power! carlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    9,437
    Quote Originally Posted by cayman shen View Post
    Not to be a troll, but I'm having trouble imagining anyone wanting ANY Marlena. Think about it from a "toy" point of view, a toy's intrinsic value being playability. Yup, I have a Marlena figure who can, I dunno, sit here.

    It's kind of like how there was no Star Wars Mon Mothma in the 80s. What kid wants an old lady in a gown who delivers three lines of exposition? Yeah, that's fun.

    Ok Ok, I know many of you just display these, viewing them more as statues/decoration. Most of you surely don't play with them. But they ARE toys, and playability is the spirit of a toy, and Marlena just ain't got it.
    uhm.. how old are you?

    most of us who want a marlena to just display her just like all the other figures we have in this collection and too these toys are for the ADULT collector. These figures were not intended for children.

    if some members want their kids to have them cool, but these figures were for us adult fans

    So yes, i want a classic Marlena all the way.

    no 200x verison for me unless she looks Totally different from her cartoon series because that version was extremely dull to me imo.
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

    Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

  20. #70
    Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    My main point still stands. Eternian DNA and Earth DNA is compatible enough to produce offspring. Sterile? Perhaps. But given their physical attributes (muscular Adam and statuesque Adora) I don't think there would be any genetic malfunctions. If they were to be sterile, I would attribute more to the constant bombardment of Grayskull energy radiation everytime they transformed into their superpower alter egos. Now, that stuff will make you sterile!
    Ligers tend to be bigger and stronger than either their lion fathers or tiger mothers and have - as far as I'm aware - no inherent congenital diseases or abnormalities. And yet, no liger/liger offspring have ever been successfully bred, and the closest they've come (liger/tiger) have been weak and sickly.

    Ultimately, hybrids are just rarely fully fertile, regardless of the health of the hybrid themselves (which, as I say, can be superior to both parental lineages, since they inherit one version of all the genes of both parents, Y chromosomes notwithstanding, and may inherit any combination of parental traits as a result, including a "better" mix).

    As a result, when plant breeders want to create fertile hybrids, they "cheat" and force the plants to dump complete sets of genes into germ cells, rather than going through proper meiosis. As a result, the diploid (strictly tetroid, at this point) set of the hybrid contains the full genomes of both parents, and a germ cell of the hybrid can thus contain one copy of every chromosome the hybrid itself held.

    That wouldn't apply to the germ cells of the twins, which would be a haphazard mix of Eternian and human chromosomes with no design on whether *any* copies of crucial genes would occur. Likely any attempt at fertilisation of those germ cells by either fully-Eternian or fully-human germ cells would fail, and any embryos that resulted would have high odds of severe congential problems.

    *hasn't thought about all of this in a while*

    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Aw, come on! Misinformation is fun! I enjoy it all the time!
    Note gaping size of loophole

  21. #71
    Refreshing Midwinter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Home of the Power Tour
    Posts
    2,256
    uhhh..... So what version of Queen Marlena are you most interested in?
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

  22. #72
    Born Villain dedset13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Bedford, MA
    Posts
    2,804
    Filmation all the way!!

  23. #73
    HeroicUniter PrinceAdam101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    2,930
    My preference is for the Filmation accurate Marlena. If they need to tweek the style of the dress to match up with a mini-comic, then fine. I have wanted an action figure of the Queen (and King, but didn't get one) since 1983.

    I definitely want the 200X fans to get their Marlena preference as well, but at this point with an 80's Randor and a Filmation accurate Adora, I would be deeply, DEEPLY disappointed if we got the 20 year old brunette Marlena.

    Since Mattel and the 4H played with using "jewels" on She-Ra's accessories, I am hoping they add something to Marlena's crown, or perhaps on her decor, like an amulet or something on her Queen's Scepter.

    But mainly, I need Marlena the way I always knew her.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

  24. #74
    Heroic Warrior Artistix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bathurst Australia
    Posts
    543
    For her first figure I would want anything but the battle armour.

    1. Filmation
    2. Comics
    3. Spacesuit
    4. 200x Battle Armour
    5. 200x regular

    Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    uhm.. how old are you?

    most of us who want a marlena to just display her just like all the other figures we have in this collection and too these toys are for the ADULT collector. These figures were not intended for children.
    There is no point in arguing with people like that carlo. You either get the need for characters like Marlena or you don't. Some people just aren't into figures that are not what they consider 'cool'.

    Personally, Marlena is just as awesome to me as Tytus or Optikk. Because my 'awesomeness' gauge is not based soley on physical appearance, but also on nostalgia, diversity factors & even the family factor...Marlena will complete the Royal family & that to me is freakin fantastic!

  25. #75
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    531
    1. Which version do you prefer, and why?
    filmation styled Queen Marlena w/ red hair and green dress



    2. With a classic Randor already released, is there room for a 200X Marlena?
    Sure there's room for 200X Marlena, but I want filmation Marlena first.


    3. Should Adam and Adora's mother be a redhead, white haired, or a youthful brunette?
    red head


    4. Does anyone think she might be a Christmas 2010 surprise, like Adora was originally planned to be?
    I'm hoping Sorceress s the 2010 Christmas surpirse but anything is possible.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •