Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Which version of Queen Marlena do you prefer, and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    1. The likelihood that life will develop the same way on the same planet is not the same as the likelihood that life will develop in a similar way on a similar planet.
    2. Criticizing the creativity of science fiction for its anthropomorphic representations of alien life in consideration of the diversity of life on this planet, and addressing the possibility that alien life may not be humanoid, is not a statement about the likelihood of similar life in the Universe.
    First of all, I'm not criticizing anything. I'm just stating what most scientists believe to be fact. I think you missed Sagan's point altogether though. If life on earth wouldn't evolve the same way twice, then life elsewhere would evolve differently as well. Not to mention, you have to factor in such things as a singular star, an orbiting moon, a balance of land and water, the right amount of atmosphere and gravity, etc. in order to have a mammalian type creature rise again to take the reigns of a planet once ruled by reptiles. In fact, if it weren't for random cataclysmic events, the reptiles might still be ruling the earth with mammals still larger than a rodent.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LostIt2Bostik View Post
    First of all, I'm not criticizing anything. I'm just stating what most scientists believe to be fact. I think you missed Sagan's point altogether though. If life on earth wouldn't evolve the same way twice, then life elsewhere would evolve differently as well. Not to mention, you have to factor in such things as a singular star, an orbiting moon, a balance of land and water, the right amount of atmosphere and gravity, etc. in order to have a mammalian type creature rise again to take the reigns of a planet once ruled by reptiles. In fact, if it weren't for random cataclysmic events, the reptiles might still be ruling the earth with mammals still larger than a rodent.
    1. I addressed the criticism of Neil deGrasse Tyson, I did not state that you criticized anything.
    2. Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson are astronomers, not evolutionary biologists.
    3. Carl Sagan only addresses the likelihood of life developing the same way on the same planet. You are using that statement to improperly draw a conclusion about the likelihood of life developing in a similar way on a similar planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    There is no mystery: a mother knows her son!

But please Mattel, it should never be formally acknowledged!

Agreed, on both counts.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Personally, I have never understood why the transformation secret should have to be kept secret from the Masters, or from the King and Queen for that matter. I know it creates drama and plot points for Adam, but how many times was Adam thwarted from helping matters because of his secret?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Personally, I have never understood why the transformation secret should have to be kept secret from the Masters, or from the King and Queen for that matter. I know it creates drama and plot points for Adam, but how many times was Adam thwarted from helping matters because of his secret?
    I guess it means that if one loose lipped character spilled the beans about the secret, then it's trouble for Adam. The more people know, the higher the chance that it gets out. All it takes is the right Evil-Lyn disguise at the right time. Lots of military secrets have been leaked through pillow talk throughout history. Like the hot-headed Buzz-Off, insecure Mekaneck, dull-witted Ram Man or Fisto, who has been known to drink. Hell, even Roboto could get hacked by Tri-Klops.

Then again ORKO and Cringer know the secret. However, because they aren't important targets, they get by. Isn't like Scare Glow or Stinkor are going to interrogate the family pet and court jester for military secrets.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; April 26, 2010 at 09:21pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

what if we got her space suit version! haha that'd be wild, and i bet heads would roll...

wasn't she in the same astronaut program as Jon Blackstar? only kidding

i hope we get a mix of classic and 200x, cuz i just feel like the classic filmation was kinda bland, IMO

Marlena is one character that I'm not overly concerned with how she looks. I want her to get a release, but the Filmation look is ugly and the 200X look was bland. I wouldn't even mind if the 4HM came up with something new.

Just not her battle armor. That can come later. If we only get one Marlena, I would prefer one in a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I own both Mon Mothma figures...and I love them! So...nyah!
    Hey now, I LOVED Mon Mothma and even made her a part of my Green Lantern-based super group. Although, her name was NOT Mon Mothma but Mumphrodite (a mix of Mumphred the Magician from Sesame Street and Aphrodite... don't ask). Frosta was Dark-Anne (Darkseid's long-lost daughter who joined the good guys... again, don't ask).

Marlena ROKKKKKKED!!! She was an astronaut for jiminey's sake! Astronauts ROKKKKKKKKK!!!!
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    First, that a being from Earth can breed with a being from Eternia and produce viable offspring is only evidence that this is possible.

Second, one would expect planets with similar conditions to produce similar life.
    I'm surprised none of the many monotheists on the forum have suggested that god would have created all people on all worlds in his image like the Mormons believe.

Anyway, the humans from different planets breeding discussion should be in a seperate thread.

And... back on topic!

Marlena in Filmation colors would be my main choice, though I have no preference whether she's in a dress or is more battle ready.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!