Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Orko should come with Prince Adam...

Heroic Warrior

Orko should come with Prince Adam...

After seeing pics of Screech packed in with Evil Lyn... I think Orko should be scaled down to an accessory just like screech. What better figure to be included with than Prince Adam. I just don't think Orko deserves to be a single figure like the original toy. In terms of scale, Orko is maybe a little bigger than Tri-Klops' Doom Seeker.

They should sculpted and paint him just like the cartoon version an pack him in with Adam along with the same type of stand as the Doom Seekers.

Interesting idea, but I'd like to see an Orko and Cringer two pack.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Heroic Warrior
    I am just excited we are getting Orko this year. I definitely would love to have a Prince Adam this year. In fact, I'd love for 2010 be the year of the royal family all together.

I'd like to see a happy medium between the vintage toy/200X toy sizes and what you are speaking about as far as making him quite small.

I also would love to see Adam & Orko as a 2 pack, because of Orko's history with Orko, and saving his life.

Of course an Adam/Orko/Cringer 3 pack would be best.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Interesting idea, but I'd like to see an Orko and Cringer two pack.
    I don't see that happening for two reasons - firstly, we've been told Orko's coming this year... and that Cringer isn't. Secondly, Cringer would be 100% new with almost no possibility of reuse (can they even DO a cat-form Catra, as is frequently suggested? And if so, isn't she more like a cheetah than a tiger?) - he's going to come by himself.

Im context, I think Orko coming with the Repaint/Older Adam - in the same way Screech and his accessories are coming with Repaint Lyn and she's not getting much - is a sensible compromise.

I am guessing that the 200X adam may come first if it's a 2-pack, because if Orko doesn't cost a lot, then they can charge more for the 2-pack than a single, and make up the cost for the new Adam tooling.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I definitely don't want Orko to be as big as those previous out of scale versions of him. He does need to be quite small and on a flying stand
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I am guessing that the 200X adam may come first if it's a 2-pack, because if Orko doesn't cost a lot, then they can charge more for the 2-pack than a single, and make up the cost for the new Adam tooling.
    Haven't they said that two-packs will be all army-builder clones? (e.g., a pack of two identical Horde Troopers)

Heroic Warrior
    The trend seems to be making the figures more like the classic figures with a little bit of 200X cues thrown in. 200X Orko is radically different from the cartoon version IMO... So It will be interesting to see how they make him.

Orko needs to come with something terminal.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    If Orko comes packaged with another character is the only way I will get him. If he is ever released singly then I seriously doubt I will purchase him...unless he's part of the subscription. Then, I guess it's going to be a big Orko sandwich and we (subscription holders) all have to take a bite.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    I don't want Orko to be an 'accessory' like Zoar & Screech. That would mean a second rate figure, and i really don't want that. i want Orko to have the same level of detail & articulation as the rest of the figures in the line.

He's not super tiny like Zoar, & he is bigger than the doomseekers too. IMO, he'd be about 2 1/2 to 3 ft tall if He-man is 6 ft tall. The Filmation Orko was quite large... myp version was a bit smaller, as was myp cringer.

give him the 'magic trick' of the vintage figure, and a 200x wand along with some other odds & ends & I'd buy him in a heartbeat. i see no reason not to have Orko as his own release, since he was released that way in the 80's and 2002 lines.

If they do package him with another figure, I'd want it to be with another small character like Kowl. I mean Hasbro has their Ewoks & Jawas (& other small characters) in two packs.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I think Orko deserves his own release, as does Cringer. They were both very important characters in the original MotU (didn't like what MYP did with them). Both deserve their own bio. I'd buy both of them.

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    when was it confrimed we were getting orko this year
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    when was it confirmed we were getting orko this year
    I think it was a Q&A last fall. But he has definitely been confirmed for 2010.

If they released him as a single with tons of fun accessories, I would snap him up. But I don't want Orko to take up a full release spot, because that means one less exciting hero or villain this year.

Either way, I will buy him. Just prefer the Orko-as-accessory idea.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I think it was a Q&A last fall. But he has definitely been confirmed for 2010.

If they released him as a single with tons of fun accessories, I would snap him up. But I don't want Orko to take up a full release spot, because that means one less exciting hero or villain this year.

Either way, I will buy him. Just prefer the Orko-as-accessory idea.
    I agree 100% with your post, he has tobe an accessory unless he has about 10 fun accessories, then I`d buy him as a single character, but he`s around accesory size when compared to everyone else in proper scale

So, when do we find out about the next wave of figure reveals? I know it's only January, but I'm bouncing off the walls for MOTUC information...!

Here's hoping Orko doesn't hog a spot all to himself...
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    So, when do we find out about the next wave of figure reveals? I know it's only January, but I'm bouncing off the walls for MOTUC information...!

Here's hoping Orko doesn't hog a spot all to himself...
    I believe TG said the next reveal would be Valentines day!!

I'd rather see Orko & Cringer together. They could even get multiple use out of the sculpts is done right. We could get the Oracle and a cat version of Catra. May make it possible then to get them sculpted.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    I'd rather see Orko & Cringer together. They could even get multiple use out of the sculpts is done right. We could get the Oracle and a cat version of Catra. May make it possible then to get them sculpted.
    The Oracle's bigger than Orko - not quite as tall to the bottom of his cloak as the humanoid characters, but it's not even close between him and Orko. [On Orko/Cringer/etc, see my post above. I really, really don't see Cringer coming with anyone short of them doing a non-army builder two-pack]

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    The Oracle's bigger than Orko - not quite as tall to the bottom of his cloak as the humanoid characters, but it's not even close between him and Orko. [On Orko/Cringer/etc, see my post above. I really, really don't see Cringer coming with anyone short of them doing a non-army builder two-pack]
    Thats why i said if they do it right, it wont be perfect but i may be enough part use to get an oracle figure. Some part use is better than none at all.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

i'd actually buy two of orko, one to moc and one to open - will only be getting one though if he's an accessory or part of a two pack

I'd like to see Orko released on his own card, with some cool accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    He's not super tiny like Zoar, & he is bigger than the doomseekers too. IMO, he'd be about 2 1/2 to 3 ft tall if He-man is 6 ft tall. The Filmation Orko was quite large...
    More like 2-2½ ft. I'm just over 6ft 2in, and from the top of my head to the base of my sternum is around 2ft. I just checked, and when Orko's hovering so the top of his hat is around the top of another character's head, the lower tip of his cloak is somewhere between that and the bottom of their ribcage. He's definitely not 3ft.

Widget

Orko

I was thinking Orko should come with Cringer....