Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTFWTK 2.36 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.36 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
    Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
    Filmation characters are off limits!
    Who will be produced will remain to be seen.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.
    Mattel has also asked not to submit figure inquiries about unannounced figures (eg: When will we see [insert character name])

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by Count Marzo,
    and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
    Thanks to them for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. zodak74: If/when Rokkon and Stonedar are released in MOTUC, will Mattel use a "faction sticker" to announce their affiliation as "Rock People" on the card bubble? And if so, maybe there will be more Rock People?

2. PanMan: Why are the good guys from New Adventures referred to as the "Galactic Protectors" now instead of the "Galactic Guardians?"

3. JimmyPSHayes: Has there been any thought to doing any advertising outside of the targeted audience? Such as heavily-circulated magazine like Entertainment Weekly or Maxim to target the large chuck of adults that grew up with Masters of the Universe who probably don't know about the line.

4. Reboot: If the reason Optikk got a new "Space Mutants" logo is because the 1989 "He-Man" didn’t really describe the “factions” from this series, will you be creating a new "Great Rebellion" logo for characters in that "faction" such as Glimmer, Bow and Frosta from the She-Ra line?

5. hordedestiny: Would you give us a complete official list of character names at this present time as to who can be made in the MOTUC line? It would be great to know which Filmation characters are truly off limits. Thanks!

--------------

So ask those questions!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I think it's a cool idea. Would Mattel consider making Hot Wheels MOTU vehicles. I would like to have a mini Attack Track or a Land Shark.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior
    Since it was decided for She-Ra to not come with an updated version of her vintage Sword of Protection & comes with the gold colored version that Adora has, can you reveal that iwhenever NA He-Man is released, will he come with a an updated versionn of the NA Power Sword or will it just be a repainted version of the current Sword of He?

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    With the issue of Keldor's swords still being hotly debated, I came to wonder:

Does Mattel still have the tooling from the 2002 line? I know the original molds from the 80's are likely part of an anchor stuck at the bottom of the ocean somewhere after being sold and melted down . We actually know they don't exist as new tooling was needed for the commemorative figures. Did the same happen to the more recent 2002 molds?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Now that the quarterly bonus figures are included in the 2011 subscription, would Mattel reconsider their stance on those figures only being variants of the A-Listers?
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Will Tytus get the "Powers of Grayskull" logo sticker?
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    With the success of the first set of DCUC Vs MOTUC two-packs at TRU, can fans look forward to more of these exclusives down the line?
    Already said that for more info on those 2-packs we need to wait to SDCC.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Will Army Builder 2-Packs be two of the exact same figure in one set, or would we get something along the lines of a Horde Trooper Vs. Royal Guard type of 2-Pack, where we would get two new figures in one pack, and be able to buy multiples of those in order to army build?
    Last edited by zodak74; April 3, 2010 at 04:01pm.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    With the annoucement of the 2011 subscription has Mattel/DR considered more shipping options for international buyers. If using UPS the shipping will be more costly then the figure/s. If using USPS you run the risk of not recieving your items as they cant be tracked. Can we look forward to a happy medium priced shipping with tracking. I am most likely going to buy 2 ALL IN subs, but with 2 monthly figures and $60 large scale beasts x2 the UPS shipping will be monsterous and is the only thing putting doubt in my mind whether i take the sub or not. Thankyou.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Without giving away too much inside information, what is the process to insure the "best" look, design, and feel of a figure before it goes into full-scale mass production? Such as multiple stops/checks to examine the prototypes, or just a general once-over on the prototypes to make sure the figures fit into the overall line?
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I guess this is a somewhat selfish question, but hey maybe someone else is interested in Count Marzo as well...

How did you decide on adding a new figure like Count Marzo so soon in the line? Will he have any sort of likeness, reference, or bio info at all related to the classic Count Marzo or is he completely based off of the 2002 cartoon appearance? Oh and when will we see his bio info? Any info on Count Marzo straight from the source would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Since you've recently pulled off a reprint of DC Comics Presents 47 (the He-Man/Superman teamup) with the two-packs, and DC has just added that very title to it's Showcase Presents line, will you be giving DC special permission for the MOTU characters to appear in volume 2, or can we expect the issue to be skipped?
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

Will Screeech the Barbarian Bird get a bio? If so what is it? If not why not?
    Last edited by Coptur; April 8, 2010 at 07:25pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Without divulging who will be released (which we should learn during SDCC), can you tell us if the army builders 2 packs will include twice the same character, OR will be 2 different army builder characters in one pack ?

Will we ever get to see the story scripts for parts 2 and 3 of The Powers of Grayskull - The Legend Begins in full, or will it be limited to a few references in the MOTUC bios?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    With the issue of Keldor's swords still being hotly debated, I came to wonder:

Does Mattel still have the tooling from the 2002 line? I know the original molds from the 80's are likely part of an anchor stuck at the bottom of the ocean somewhere after being sold and melted down . We actually know they don't exist as new tooling was needed for the commemorative figures. Did the same happen to the more recent 2002 molds?
    TG answered your question on the Matty boards on April 3rd:

We do have the tools, but their are no plans to re-release them since this style is retired right now.
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...6&r=9941097416

MY QUESTION:

Two rounds not getting chosen...so it's back.

My question wasn't chosen last round, so it's back:

Q: Since Mattel called Illumina's backstory a "fan pitched idea," all ideas that were not published in the MVC comic must be viewed as such by Mattel. Taking this into account, will Mattel finally allow MVC to publish their series bible for the comic online?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Hello Toyguru, I have a crazy-fan question for you: We have seen you included ‘Powers Of Grayskull’ line into MOTUC (He-Ro, Tytus). When (and if) it comes to design of the sculpts for bionic dinosaurs - will you consider the new facts about how dinosaurs really looked like? The dino-research has provided lots of news in the last 20 years (as can be seen in BBC / Discovery Channel’s dinosaur documentary) since the vintage 'POG' line was released. Or will you try to keep the original toy design?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Sabretooth; April 6, 2010 at 03:45pm.

The Shogun of Harlem masterofetheria's Avatar
    Is there any chance of the Matty Store selling the original 80's Masters of the Universe figures in the future a la the 2000 commemorative series?
    Last edited by masterofetheria; April 6, 2010 at 05:31pm.
    Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff!
    Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff!
    Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!
    Well who am I? Sho'nuff!
    Who am I? Sho'nuff!
    I can't hear you...Sho'nuff!

You recently said Fearless Photog is not a character you can do right now. Can you tell us why not? Is it because of legal reasons? Are these the same reasons that prevented him from being made in the '80's?

Silly stupid question here: Has She-Ra's alternate "Filmation"/style guide head been altered at all? Because the pics from the figure in package looks as though it has.

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    A lot of people have had problems with the Goddess figure shattering. While the translucent plastic is very cool, it makes the plastic very brittle. If/When the Goddess is reissued, can you please switch to the standard plastic used on other figures?

If there is a live action movie in the future, will there be a new toy line referring to this movie? If yes, would the success/failure of this new toy line have some impacts on the actual MOTUC toy line?

Heroic Warrior
    Recognizing that all characters are being designed with the Classic look, will any characters that had only a 200X staction (or never released) counterpart use 200X additions in the same way Webstor got his extra legs?
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    It's fine that Evil-Lyn and Wun-Dar are shipping together for subscribers in the US, but for us many overseas collectors, this takes us into the territory where were are likely to get stung by customs charges due to the combined value.

Any chance of shipping Evil-Lyn and Wun-Dar seperately overseas to avoid this? As it is we're forking out loads on postage, and customs charges on top of that can be quite steep.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

What are the odds that we might see a 200X designed, CLASSIC COLORS version of the Sorceress? Would enough fan support of the idea push that forward, or do you consider that to be one version too many for her?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!