Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.34!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Ahhh... ok, now the April Fools joke is funny

Great answers too...

This statement pushes me further towards thinking that they are going to announce ownership of the Filmation characters at SDCC. The toon version of Swift Wind does not appear in the Style Guide, so the toy would have to look like regular toy Swift Wind, Crystal Swift Wind, or Royal Swift Wind.
    Now, I know that I am pulling this out of the air and reading into the statement, but I bet they ask: "Do you want vintage toy-colors Swift Wind or cartoon Swift Wind??"

That would be so nice because he has never had a proper toon figure.

I don't think this has anything to do with the ownership of filmation rights. Its speaking on terms of weither or not Swifty would be produced in his original all pink toy form OR his later white and neon pink toyform. Both where Mattel Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It looks like the real Q&A's are popping up all over.

Wow, Modulok and Multi-Bot are currently looked at as standard figures? Even with the extra legs in the back? I wonder how that would work? Maybe they will be able to switch parts like the original line? Maybe it's akin to Trap Jaw/Kronis?
    I was wondering wheter Modulok / Multi-bot could be packed as the armor-pack is. Larger card-back: hands packed separately in one bubble, legs packed separately in another bubble, heads packed in another bubble ... etc.
    But the MOC collectors probbably would not like it as the figures would not be nice for display in the package.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Also...SEE?! I said Mattel would give out the real answers. They were just having fun. I thought the magic 8 ball answers were funny. It made me laugh.
    Oh God...I saw the answers yesterday but didn't have much time to be online--did people REALLY think they weren't going to give us the real answers? Sheesh.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I think it's inevitable that Swift Wind will be white. With that one video released where his original toy colors were pretty much identical to the cartoon's colors, I think they can use that if they don't have the Filmation rights - that or Royal Swift Wind.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Which version of Swift Wind would you guys choose for the first release?
    The WHITE version. Sorry, all you PINK fans. I'd rather Swifty look Filmation-esque.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I was glad to hear that they actually mixed the pine scent in with the plastic for Moss Man (this explains why he still smells after de-flocking him). This also gets rid of any worries that the smell may disappear after time. Also means Stinkor should smell just as bad as he did back in '85!

I vote for a pine scented swift wind.

Seriously though, I want a white swift wind! I don't mind the pink one but I'm terrified that the pink will get the votes at Comic con and we'll never see the white one. I've never seen the white SW that was made that you guys are referring to, does anyone have a picture?

Though I cringe at having to come up with the money for more DCU 2 packs, it does seem like a good option for repaints (like they mentioned) for those of us who want them.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    It sux that only the people at the cons voices will be heard over Swiftwinds colors. How about we set up a poll the week before and see if they will pay attention to that?
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Stella_Steve View Post
    I don't think this has anything to do with the ownership of filmation rights. Its speaking on terms of weither or not Swifty would be produced in his original all pink toy form OR his later white and neon pink toyform. Both where Mattel Designs.
    If you read my whole post, I acknowledge this. I'm also well aware of the toy designs: I have a complete loose pop collection and an almost complete (missing spinnerella moc) MIB/MOC collection.

I didn't say that this was what made me think of them having the filmation rights. It could be that they'll have people vote after announcing that. It would be cool. But it's a wish, not something I surmised from this swift wind thread

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    It sux that only the people at the cons voices will be heard over Swiftwinds colors. How about we set up a poll the week before and see if they will pay attention to that?
    I think that's an excellent idea. We should definitely have a poll.
    Last edited by bcrduke; April 2, 2010 at 09:44pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Well i will be at SDCC and vote white!
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I was going to say white Swift Wind ... but I'd have been mighty angry had I missed out on a yellow Evil Lyn so maybe pink Swifty is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Instead of a poll, why don't we offer to assist Mattel by nominating some .Orgers who can count?

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    you'd think Mattel would have learned their lesson with the Panthor fiasco that letting a small group of fans decide the fate of the line is a BAD idea.

So the people at the con panel vote for non flocked Panthor (a vote tally that many still question) so Mattel insists they are going forward with a non flocked Panthor despite the fact that it has been made more than clear that the vast majority of the fan community wants the flocked one.

Sure they say they'll do a flocked one later but can we be sure? What assurance do we have that flocked Panthor won't be canceled if unflocked doesn't sell well? Many people are saying they don't plan to buy unflocked and are going to wait for the flocked one, but what if so many people do this that Mattel in their "infinite wisdom" take this to mean Panthor is not popular enough to warrant a second release?

Now you'd think white Swift Wind will win out over pink, but frankly you'd think flocked Panthor would win out over unflocked. There will always be fans who want one or the other (if not both) the real question is which ones will be at the con panel vote?

I have no objection to rewarding the fans who do make it the con what I object to is the nature of the reward. It's simply not good business to allow a small group to decide what the entire fan community gets, particularly when it's painfully obvious the majority has the opposing viewpoint.

To paraphrase Spock, "The wants of the many outweigh the wants of the few or the one."

on a side note this pretty much confirms that Swift Wind is not going to be the fourth quarter large beast.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    on a side note this pretty much confirms that Swift Wind is not going to be the fourth quarter large beast.
    Hadn't they already said that?

Even if they haven't, I'm betting on it being Panthor, with an outside chance of Clawdeen or Megator (KG's lion is too similar to BC, and I doubt they'd put the Gygor mould out twice in a row): I'm already surprised that they've done three "100% tools" in a row for the beasts. I would be absolutely flabbergasted if they did four. It has to be a repaint, and Panthor seems the most promising for that last non-sub beast slot.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Well i will be at SDCC and vote white!
    I will too.

As for the Panthor vote, I have no issue with them letting the Comic Con attendees decide things like this. This is the first year I will be there, but I am glad I get to be a part of this vote.

When we do the vote this year it will be by written ballot and then counted live after the panel in front of the fans back at the booth. This way their is no confusion as to how the vote went!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    When we do the vote this year it will be by written ballot and then counted live after the panel in front of the fans back at the booth. This way their is no confusion as to how the vote went!
    That's a very good idea. Less peer pressure that way too. If there is enough fan demand for BOTH colours, would Mattel consider releasing both, like with flocked and unflocked Panthor? Maybe even a 50/50 variant like you guys do with DCUC, with our choice of purchase (like Moss Man)? That would be pretty cool.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'm going to guess that at the largely male-attended Comic-Con, that there will be overwhelming support for the WHITE version. The PINK version will lose-out, unless you use the pic of Pink SW with She-Ra that was used for the original press release/intro of the character:

if you posted this pic and a Filmation one, err, I mean a Royal Swift Wind one, I would think the former has a better chance than if you post a pic of the vintage, original toy SW.

(I secretly want the SW in this pic... and I wanted that She-Ra too..)
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Very cool! Glad to hear this!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'm only interested in a Filmation colored Swifty. I'll most likely pass if he's pink unless he looks awesome somehow. Might as well collect My Little Ponies if he's pink, all he needs is a strawberry on his butt cheek or something.

Sorry, but the Filmation cartoon is my favorite show ever and that's what I want most color schemes based on. ESPECIALLY when it comes to POP figures, who's classic toys were way more dolls than action figures. I'm not a doll collector and I hate when anyone refers to figures as "dolls". More power to Barbie though, Mattel. That's the big money maker!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    i missed the joke, what happened
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I'm only interested in a Filmation colored Swifty. I'll most likely pass if he's pink unless he looks awesome somehow. Might as well collect My Little Ponies if he's pink, all he needs is a strawberry on his butt cheek or something.

Sorry, but the Filmation cartoon is my favorite show ever and that's what I want most color schemes based on. ESPECIALLY when it comes to POP figures, who's classic toys were way more dolls than action figures. I'm not a doll collector and I hate when anyone refers to figures as "dolls". More power to Barbie though, Mattel. That's the big money maker!
    All "action figures" were dolls before the 60's. G.I. Joes, the manliest men, were dolls. "Action figures" is a term created to make boys feel better about themselves for playing with dolls to further distance themselves from girls, because we all know girls are icky. It's a marketing ploy that has worked ever since.

As for a pink pegasus...so what? We have a green and yellow tiger who talks. Is that natural? Panthor is purple...should he be black instead? The extremely popular DCUC vs. MOTUC has a He-Man with pink on his belt and he's selling mighty fine.

While I do like the Filmation Swiftwind, I do agree with zodak74. Filmation Swifty's colours are just all over the place. It does look like a child broke out his crayons and had some fun. The drawing posted by bcrduke shows Swiftwind matching and looking magestic and powerful.

PLUS for those not in the know for all things PoP, Swiftwind was originally a FEMALE horse. They changed him to be male at the last minute. Much like the Gorpo/Orko thing.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    All "action figures" were dolls before the 60's. G.I. Joes, the manliest men, were dolls. "Action figures" is a term created to make boys feel better about themselves for playing with dolls to further distance themselves from girls, because we all know girls are icky. It's a marketing ploy that has worked ever since.
    That may be true but myself nor MOTU/POP is from that time period so to me they are "figures". When someone says "doll", I always visualize a Raggedy Anne or something. I like plastic action figures. Dolls to me seem to be more fabric, cloth, hair, etc...

Sorry if I'm derailing the thread. Just posting my opinions.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I was just wondering what does it mean that Modulok / Multi-Bot are treated like regular figs? Regular figs with respect to packaging? Hopefully this means that they are regular monthly figures but at the same time they keep the action feature of intergangable body parts. That should be feasible.

The answer with DC/MOTU 2-packs is interesting as well. I would go and buy these to get the mini-comics repaints despite the fact I am not DC collector. Btw. when can we expect to see the Superman/He-man and Luthor/Skeletor 2-packs in Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

2. Swift Wind: In WTFWTK 2.32 You gave mention to Swift Wind and with him there has been a lot of debate on how he will look. At this time can you comment on the color scheme for him? Will he be pink like the original toy or closer to Royal Swift Wind?

This will be up to the fans at SDCC 2010 to vote on at our fan panel!

Ugh not cool. You think they would have realized by now that SDCC fan panel polls don't work and don't represent the community as whole.

Edit btw I would so vote for the white version. PoP has enough pink in it with Glimmer, Perfuma and Clawdeen.
    Last edited by Swift Wind; April 4, 2010 at 06:31pm.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift Wind View Post
    Ugh not cool. You think they would have realized by now that SDCC fan panel polls don't work and don't represent the community as whole.

Edit btw I would so vote for the white version. PoP has enough pink in it with Glimmer, Perfuma and Clawdeen.
    I totally agree. Just in case Mattel, I vote for a White Horse.