Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who Discussion (11th Doctor/Season 7)

There are some weird things going on around her. She was supposed to be picked up by the Doctor in 2010, two years before her boyfriend has an id tag that was issued in 1993 they show a close up of it and he is not that old. Considering the first time we see a crack she is near it something is definitely up.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    There are some weird things going on around her. She was supposed to be picked up by the Doctor in 2010, two years before her boyfriend has an id tag that was issued in 1993 they show a close up of it and he is not that old. Considering the first time we see a crack she is near it something is definitely up.
    Something is VERY up.

All the cars in the first episode were 90s or older models as well, but everyone had fancy smartphones.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    what if they are behind the cracks? I mean the Doctor had no clue who made them and we know that the Dalek's are SUPER INTELLIGENT, the Doctor even admits it can calculate a thousand billion (1,000,000,000,000) combinations in 1 second flat. That is 1 combination every 0.000000000001 seconds

and he just let pure daleks go as well as being shocked that Amy never heard of them despite the whole Dalek's invading earth and planets in the sky thing
    I think they probably are (or at least heavily involved). I just think Nu-Who relies a little too much on Daleks (and probably Cybermen as well). I grew up on the Tom Baker show and Daleks were a rare and special occasion. They lose some impact when they appear so often. I like when we get new baddies.
    Last edited by BCI Guy; April 17, 2010 at 10:35pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I just think Nu-Who relies a little too much on Daleks (and probably Cybermen as well).
    Now I LOVE the Daleks and yet I actually agree with you.

You know the Daleks are used too much when I agree with a statment saying so

Can't wait to see the Weeping Angels again cuz they were awesome in Blink. Oh and do you think what River Song said in Silence in the Library means the Doctor is going to regenerate into someone older? Because we know she is coming back (next week actually) but she said Tennant's Doctor was 'younger' than hers but the one she is going to meet is 'younger' than Tennants and we know that this will be an earlier River Sing because she never really escape the library.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

ok just watched the first of the new eps. I dunno if i really like this guy. He is so goofy looking and the bow tie does not help at all. Overall a pretty good episode though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    This new series definitley feels a bit different story wise. They seem to be a bit more grounded or less over reaching or something.

I take it back about the logo too. I had just seen the box graphic icon and not the type face. Like the new typeface. Maybe the box will grow on me.
    Of course after all my defending of the show they go and air what I think is probably one of the weakest episodes since it's return. LOL.

The typeface is quite nice, I think! I even like the box logo. It's quite clever how they use the serifs to suggest the edges on the top and bottom of the police box. Still not sold on the way the box sits inbetween "Doctor" and "Who" though.

Oh and do you think what River Song said in Silence in the Library means the Doctor is going to regenerate into someone older? Because we know she is coming back (next week actually) but she said Tennant's Doctor was 'younger' than hers but the one she is going to meet is 'younger' than Tennants and we know that this will be an earlier River Sing because she never really escape the library.
    I think her statement was about The Doctor's age, not appearance. I have to go back and watch again, but it seems people almost pick up pretty quickly he is the Doctor even with a new face fairly quickly.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Something is VERY up.

All the cars in the first episode were 90s or older models as well, but everyone had fancy smartphones.

I think they probably are (or at least heavily involved). I just think Nu-Who relies a little too much on Daleks (and probably Cybermen as well). I grew up on the Tom Baker show and Daleks were a rare and special occasion. They lose some impact when they appear so often. I like when we get new baddies.
    This is my feeling as well. I really hope that the Daleks are NOT the end of season bad guys (or The Master for that matter), lets have someone new!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

I think her statement was about The Doctor's age, not appearance. I have to go back and watch again, but it seems people almost pick up pretty quickly he is the Doctor even with a new face fairly quickly.

The way I heard it it sounded like she was talking about his looks not in a physical way but something about his eyes, like her Doctor had an old look to him even if he wasn't old looking. Probably not making sense am I

Smith looks young in both senses of the word, he looks like a 26 year old Doctor in a 26 year olds body, not a 906 year old in a 26 year old

The way I heard it it sounded like she was talking about his looks not in a physical way but something about his eyes, like her Doctor had an old look to him even if he wasn't old looking. Probably not making sense am I

Smith looks young in both senses of the word, he looks like a 26 year old Doctor in a 26 year olds body, not a 906 year old in a 26 year old
    That makes sense, and yet the new Doctor doesn't have old looking eyes for a young man. I really don't see the "she meant his true age" view when she recognized him as the Doctor and yet didn't notice that he was too young. It just feels wrong to me, a casualty of unplanned continuity. I think their best bet is for River's next appearance to still not be her first encounter with the Doctor and leave the door open for more encounters when he's older (and she's younger, possibly with another actress). I think it was a mistake not to suggest that the Tenth Doctor had some adventures with River during the post-Donna break. I didn't have much love for Waters of Mars, I'd have traded that junk for a River adventure easily. But what's done is done. They'll make it work somehow or they'll ignore it.

i also forgot to say the new theme arangment is wierd. Not really bad just wierd

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    That makes sense, and yet the new Doctor doesn't have old looking eyes for a young man. I really don't see the "she meant his true age" view when she recognized him as the Doctor and yet didn't notice that he was too young. It just feels wrong to me, a casualty of unplanned continuity. I think their best bet is for River's next appearance to still not be her first encounter with the Doctor and leave the door open for more encounters when he's older (and she's younger, possibly with another actress). I think it was a mistake not to suggest that the Tenth Doctor had some adventures with River during the post-Donna break. I didn't have much love for Waters of Mars, I'd have traded that junk for a River adventure easily. But what's done is done. They'll make it work somehow or they'll ignore it.
    Well, at the start of The End of Time he mentions he didn't go straight to Ood-Sphere after The Waters of Mars, but had a few other adventures and got married, so the first meeting(s) could have been there, heck it could have been River Song he married!

This would make sense, as she's then met the 10th again, which is why she recognised him, and obviously she wouldn't tell him that she also met him after he regenerated, just as he now would never tell her he saw her die!
    Tweet Me!

It was Queen Elizabeth the 1st he married

which may explain why she chased him in the shakespeare code... he had dumped her to travel time and space

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    This is my feeling as well. I really hope that the Daleks are NOT the end of season bad guys (or The Master for that matter), lets have someone new!
    I'm in agreement. Gimme the Rani or the Zygons or Silurians or Rutans. Why does it always have to be the Daleks or Cyber-Men or the Master?!?! The Doctor has a limitless gallery of villains. It'd be nice to mix it up a bit and see updates of some other baddies.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

While I haven't seen much of the original Who.

I always attributed the over used of Daleks and Cybermen to the somewhat fanficky feel the show has sometimes had.

Just finished watching the latest episode and all I can say is...I can't wait for next week. Weeping Angels + River Song = loads of win

Something I appreciated about this weeks episode that is slightly spoilerish is the fact it didn't feel like it was a half hour segment drug out for an hour to make room for a two parter, nor was it all wrapped up nicely in the last eight minutes of the episode. Basically another reason I am glad RTD is gone.

cant wait for tonights! will have to watch it on the iplayer when i get in from work tho!!!! x
    selling entire she-ra collection including rareitys. get in touch if you are intrested in anything.

I was just thinking that Amy Pond is somehow responsible for the cracks because one first appeared in her bedroom wall and now there is one seen in every episode. I think that people are supposed to believe the cracks appear wherever the Doctor / Tardis go but I think the cracks are appearing wherever amy goes

Could be, but there is also the statement of you don't know how they are happening.

As of who has been introduced this time around, the options for cause TARDIS, The Doctor, Amy, River. There is also the potential for a previous villain that hasn't been used all that much. I doubt it's the Dalek's I think they returned early to go back to who they were and not what they became during RTD's reign. During that time they seemed very property scheme Lex Luthor. I think it would also be interesting if it was a future incarnation of the Doctor, or his daughter or even grand daughter or someone else from the past.

If RTD was still in charge it would be Rose or Pseudo Doctor which I am glad he isn't in charge anymore.

While I haven't seen much of the original Who.

I always attributed the over used of Daleks and Cybermen to the somewhat fanficky feel the show has sometimes had.
    Well the only decent ep so far has been Victory of the Daleks. All the rest have been kinda boring. I had high expectations for the Weeping Angels 2-parter as I loved Blink. But they just weren't that good.

I still don't like Matt Smith, he's too young and the feel of the show is just gone really kiddyish. It now feels like it belongs on the CBBC channel!

My brother is collecting the vintage adventures on DVD, so I've been exposed to the Tom Baker stories. I now see why Tom Baker is regarded as the best Doctor The sets and effects might have been crap, but the adventures were better written and acted.

Oh and I heard the end of season villians are the Cybermen.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Sssqueeze, 5/Peekablue, 4/Hunga the Harpy, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Well the only decent ep so far has been Victory of the Daleks. All the rest have been kinda boring. I had high expectations for the Weeping Angels 2-parter as I loved Blink. But they just weren't that good.
    That's interesting. I thought Victory of the Daleks was, by far, the weakest episode. I've loved all the others.

That's interesting. I thought Victory of the Daleks was, by far, the weakest episode. I've loved all the others.
    Me too. I thought the new Dalek designs were especially poor, although I didn't mind the bright colours.

Next weeks vampire episode looks good, and it's written by Being Human creator Toby Whithouse.

I've been loving the latest series. I hated the new Dalek design, but Matt Smith is excellent. I never cared for Tennant, he was too OTT for me to ever warm up to.

Thought the last two parter was excellent, and one of the best episodes since the series came back. It even made me like Mary Sue. Sorry...River Song....
    "Evil can never defeat good!"
    "Don't be ridiculous, of course it can!"
    He-Man and Skeletor in 'Crack in the World'.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Me too. I thought the new Dalek designs were especially poor, although I didn't mind the bright colours.

Next weeks vampire episode looks good, and it's written by Being Human creator Toby Whithouse.
    I thought it looked good until I saw that the boyfriend was going with them. I liked Mickey and Wilf, but I think the family and boyfriend bits been done to death now
    Tweet Me!

He is trying to figure out what causes the explosion, his guess right now is it has something to do with her wedding.